PDA

View Full Version : Necro pets

Lishrac
02-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I've been noticing a trend with my pet that seems to go against what the wiki says. Whenever I give my pet any 1hs/1hb items they tend to do rather poorly on damage.

But when I give them two piercing weapons with a decently low delay they tear stuff up. Which leads me to question whether delay/damage affect the pet or just damage as the wiki suggest.

Any feedback would be helpful. These are just observations I've done with very little concrete testing.

Nathan123706
02-02-2012, 05:22 AM
as far as i know it is the delay that the pet takes and the damage on the weapon means nothing. if the delay on the piercing weapons you gave to pet is lower that would make sense if its doing more damage with them

Rezek
02-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I would like to know the answer to this as well.. Live changed so its hard to say what mechanics p99 uses.

sbvera13
02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
At low level at least, they definately take on the damage of the weapon, but only if it's higher then their natural damage. They don't SEEM to take on the delay, but I havn't tested it with a stopwatch. I don't have any higher level pet classes to test at that point.

Morsakin
02-02-2012, 04:11 PM
As far as I'm aware natural pet delay is 30, so giving them a weapon with anything less (FS dagger) would lower it.

As for weapon damage, they should only take on the damage of the weapon if the base damage of the weapon is more than half of their maximum damage. E.g., max pet hit is 30, give them a 17 damage weapon, they'll hit for 34.

Lishrac
02-03-2012, 10:29 AM
I'll see if I can't gather up some test weapons and extra bone chips and try to do a few tests. See what delay the pet is swinging on (roughly) with each and check what max hit they perform as well as their average hit.

gulag
02-13-2012, 01:18 PM
irc, necro pets with fine steel daggers were the bomb back in the early days. I can't remember when it got nerfed, probably before Kunark. The level 49 pet with two daggers out damaged almost every player character.

Derwille
02-18-2012, 09:35 AM
At release the necro pets dual wielded for up to 76DMG i believe, first nerf was down to 64, then 3-4 month before kunark release the max damage for lvl49 pet
was set to 55. The problem originally was, that the necro pet outdpsed even monks - not only that but the pet also got a lower delay through the FS daggers which
was not intended.
Was really no problem having pet solo most lguk camps while FDed etc (was before the pet-auto-death after prolonged FD).

Derwille Zur'Macht
54th Necromancer, P99
80th Necromancer Brell Serilis/Antonius Bayle

Slave
02-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Mobs got both lower delay and higher damage with weapons (if the weapon did more than the mob) in Classic EQ and I have no idea when it was changed... I'm guessing significantly post-Velious. The problem here is that the developers err dramatically on the side of gimping the player characters whenever something is in doubt. I believe it has been stated by Rogean (or something like this anyway):

"Yes, that's the way it was in Classic, and no, it will never be that way on P99 because pets are already so powerful. Handing them weapons will not drop their delay here, ever."

Craigmandu
02-22-2012, 12:59 PM
It appears to me they simply don't like pet classes here. They don't want anyone soloing it appears. So they pick/choose the "classic" features they implement so that solo classes in general get the splintered end of the staff.

MadMartigan
05-01-2012, 09:57 PM
I found that giving my pet a 2 hander in p99 has been most effective in my adventures. Just my 2cents