PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Monk Epic, MQ on final turn in is broke.

bylbob
01-31-2012, 06:12 PM
So the true form of Kaiaeran ate everything.
I turned in the wrong book + fang, I thought i had the right one from mad, missread the quest.
So he gave me back the right book and ate the fang. But he should still have the fang on him (GM i got agreed on this) so no biggie I thought I will MQ with myself and turned in the book, and just lost everything.

Kinda pissed atm.

Char name is bylbob, if any reimbursement is possible.

Bruman
02-01-2012, 09:52 AM
In this case I think it would depend on which was handed in first in the trade window - fang or book. I guess it depends on how they implemented MQ here.

Sucks that you handed it in wrong :(. We had an enchanter guildie that has messed up turn-ins on his epic like three times now...

bylbob
02-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Well i remember peoples trading Kael armor to npc in thurgadin back on live during Luclin, you just had to turn in gems and hope to be lucky, so order should not matter if MQ was similar to classic.

For info i gave book in first slot and fang in second.

Szeth
02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
I would say order doesn't matter, but how long between turn ins? Mobs can't hold a quest item forever, or it would be easy to grief a turn in on MQ'able parts of epics by giving the mob one of the items required. Then when someone else turns in their 4 items, it would hand one back and eat the 3 incorrect ones.

bylbob
02-01-2012, 02:43 PM
I turned in almost immediatly after.

Szeth
02-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Oh the reason you didnt get it is because the form of Kaieren that you hand the book to to get the new book is NOT the same one you do the final hand in to. There are 2 mobs with the same exact name in the same zone. When you do the first hand in and the mob aggros you, you FD then run over to a little hut near the lake. That is the form you do your final turn in to.

Sorry but you handed it in to the wrong mob =(

Bruman
02-01-2012, 03:13 PM
He said he handed it to Kairen's true form, not the mad one. I was pretty sure that you never had to cycle the book through the mad form anyways (although I did just to be safe).

bylbob
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
I handed it to the true form with fang but it was the wrong book, got good book back, then turned in good book thinking i could MQ with myself. And he ate everything. Think it is just a bug with how MQ is working here.

kanras
02-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Yes, it's a bug. Nothing I personally can do about reimbursements, but your particular issue is fixed, pending update. It's not a global MQ issue, but just the way that true form Kaiaren's quest checks were structured.

bylbob
02-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Thanks Kanras at least it will avoid someone losing his items again.