PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Dark Elf Guard Faction

Jify
10-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Killed some orcs in CB, KOS to the guards outside Neriak. Talking with some other players it seems that this shouldn't have happened. There is one roaming guard inside that should be KOS (and the warrior guild).

Cheers,

Jify

Blacklisted
10-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Neriak guards are all a part of the Indigo Brotherhood (Warrior Guild) faction. They are also on Dreadguard Inner/Outer and I believe the Dark Bargainers (Dark Elf Merchants) factions.

This is according to Allakhazam, and Archive.org doesn't have a dated copy of the Bestiary, but I'm fairly certain they wouldn't change it without reason... so they SHOULD be aggressive to you.

Tananthalas
10-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Blacklisted is correct.

Shin Noir
10-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Ehh, being a die hard Dark Elf fan I know the outer guards aren't indigo brotherhood.

My "old school knowledge" says something like this:
*Indigo Brotherhood as primary faction is reserved to mobs around the warrior's guild. Killing orcs should make you KOS in this area.

*Dreadguard Outer as primary faction is reserved to guards in Nektulos, mobs in NeriakA (foreign quarter).

*Dreadguard Inner as primary faction is definitely reserved for NeriakC, and potentially NeriakB.
Some other factions in there too..

I know this isn't entirely right, however. Here's someone else:

I always had a tendancy of doing this quest when I was goodly due to my Dark Elven love: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=159

The factions are talked about in this link in 2004:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=159&page=1&howmany=50#m108265556393096

Dark elf guards:
Dread Guards Outer: Nektulos Forest, Neriak Foreign Quarter

Dread Guards Inner: Neriak Commons, Neriak 3rd Gate

Indigo Brotherhood: Some guards in Neriak Commons, near or in Warrior Guild I suppose. Not sure if the Exterminators are on this as well.

Priests of Innoruuk: In and around the Cleric Guild in Neriak 3rd Gate

The Dead: Near Necro/SK guild and at least one roamer, specifically one that goes near the Cleric guild (a spy perhaps?)

Ogre/Troll guards:
Some in Neriak FQ can be The Dead also. Some are on Da Bashers. Not sure if some of the Ogres are on some Ogre Faction or not.

Keep in mind that DE Necros/SK The Dead oppose the other casters (The Spurned).

The reason I know this is, I used to do the wine quest via sneak or charming Lokar To`Biath, to level, and get a TON of Dark Elf Inner Guard / Outer guard faction. I could walk around all of Neriak relatively safe as a Wood Elf with it. The only areas I couldn't were Cleric trainer area , Warrior trainer area (indigo brotherhood), and necro trainer area (the dead), and the troll/ogre area (there are some other factions mixed in there, like the da bashers noted above)

So I could walk the main streets of Neriak safely, and in Nektulos, as a wood elf. I never bothered getting Indigo Brotherhood up.

ojamajoe
10-19-2009, 08:51 PM
Shin is correct as to the general disposition of the factions, as I recall it. This was nearly on a mob-by-mob basis, as Neriak is something of cesspool of factions and intrigue.

Shin Noir
10-19-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm looking into this. It seems PEQ's default database is REALLY whacked, like some of the Warrior GM's in the Indigo Brotherhood area aren't even on a faction at all, while others are, and a ton of guards are using indigo brotherhood when they should be on dreadguard. just in general a lot of overlooking on the factions being used.

When I get a fix for PEQ, I'll post them here to for you guys to repair it to be a little more live like. I don't think VI has really ever tweaked Neriak factions since release, so doing this repair will be good for PEQ based servers and P1999 as a whole.

odizzido
11-21-2009, 07:59 PM
I see others have noticed things are wrong in neriak as well. I used to play an erudite wiz and I could wander pretty much everywhere in neriak and not get attacked after doing the wine quest. I think the only exception was the necro guild, though I never spent much time in the 3rd quarter so I am not 100% sure about in there. However with my new erudite wiz even the very first guards outside of neriak are KOS.....yet some of the guards in the city are apprehensive.

I do believe that all the guards in the foreign quarter and in nektulos are on the dreadguardouter list, and the guards in the commons are on the dreadguardinner list. I think most or all of the 3rd gate guards belong to the dreadguardinner as well, but again I am not 100% sure about the third gate.

Jify
11-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Guards still attempt to kill me upon zoning btw. :(

nilbog
02-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Pending update:

Faction in and around Neriak:
-guards in nektulos forest and neriak foreign quarter will have dreadguardouter primary faction.
-guards in neriak commons and neriak third gate will have dreadguardinner primary faction.
-guards and trainers within the warrior guild in neriak commons will have IndigoBrotherhood faction
-Wandering Guard N`mar primary faction changed to IndigoBrotherhood.
-Guard Lumpin primary faction changed to NeriakTrolls.
-Guard Swang primary faction changed to Ogre.

Any additional changes that need to be made in regards to Neriak or Nektulos, let me know.

Wenai
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Going to move to resolved. Any further factions issues can be posted in a new thread.