PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Wizard epic quest broken?

BarackObooma
01-30-2012, 01:33 PM
I get to the gnome in Butcherblock and follow the P99 wiki guide which says:

The gnome Arantir is referring to is Kandin Firepot by the docks in Butcherblock, at -1491, +2843. When you give Kandin the Note from Arantir he will say:
Kandin Firepot says 'Brother! I have one of those. He's great, but he's dead. His name was Gabstik and he was a really powerful wizard. I still have one of his greatest possessions! You look like you could use it. I've added another item to my shopping list. I require a dry brittle skin that I can mold or a rare oil found in the planes that I must soak the fuse in. Get me one of these things and I'll trade it for my brother's stick.'
Your faction standing with Truespirit got better.
You say, 'Hail, Kandin Firepot'
Kandin Firepot says 'Hello, there! Don't have time to talk. I'm workin', workin', workin'! Careful! Don't slip in the oil!
You say, 'What oil?'
Kandin Firepot says 'Ah the oil! I recently sent a specially crafted golem to explore through a huge portal to another plane. Its instructions were to collect special oil that I suspect existed in the plane. What I think is the golem broke down. This looks like a good task for one like you. Go see what's wrong with the golem. Here are spare gears of mine in case it's broken. Be careful though, if you put it in wrong it could explode, or worse!'
You receive a Golem Sprocket.

I give him the note. Hail him and he says "Hello, there! Don't have time to talk. I'm workin', workin".

He doesn't say anything or respond to anything about oil and does not give the Golem Sprocket.

Is there something else I'm supposed to say or do (in which case the wiki needs updating) or is the quest currently broken?

Thank you.

Szeth
01-30-2012, 01:39 PM
Heh. That part isn't changed for about a year afaik. You instead get to kill CT and get a super rare drop that hasn't dropped for anyone yet since epics were released.

Excited for epic?

Ele
01-30-2012, 01:40 PM
The wiki has the updated (easier) version of the quest listed. The Broken Golem is not implemented on P99 and won't be implemented until well after Velious is released.

The currently implemented version of the wizard epic quest requires Cazic's Skin, from Cazic Thule himself, which is an amazingly rare drop and will be the bottleneck for wizard epics for the next year or more.

BarackObooma
01-30-2012, 01:42 PM
Ouch, that is going to be a bottleneck. Thank you for the quick replies!