PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Cynthia

Dartagnan
11-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Hello,

I just killed Cynthia a few minutes ago and received a beta neutral faction hit. I believe originally there was no faction hit here. I was wondering if you could look into this and also help me out with my faction hit.

Not quite sure if this fits with game mechanics but it seemed the closest fit to me.

Thanks!

Reiker
11-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Agreed... killed Cynthia many times waiting outside Fear... never been a faction hit I ever remember.

Edit: Plus, she's supposed to be kos to everyone. Doesn't seem very "beta neutral" to me.

Xzerion
11-06-2009, 08:05 AM
I recall no faction hit so I will look into that to confirm. I do not recall her being KOS though....can you provide a source Reiker?

Morfnblorsh
11-06-2009, 10:33 AM
I have no source for this information, but I recall her being KoS to me since the moment we met all the way up to level 70 when I quit. I also don't remember a faction hit of any kind on her.

thrawnseg
11-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Cynthia in Rathe mountains? She never had a faction hit and was on her own faction - Beta Neutral.

She was a enchanter and you could solo pull her from her camp without any adds. She was a great camp spot around level 30 - nice quick 6 minute respawn and merchants there to sale to.

She was never KOS, as she was Beta Neutral and actually needed for a enchanter quest.

Morfnblorsh
11-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I was under the impression we were talking about the Necromancer or whatever that spawns right outside the gate to the Plane of Fear....

But after some research I realized that I am thinking of Cyndreela and so is Reiker. Reiker did this, not me! He lead me astray! He's an enabler! Damn you Reiker, damn you! =P

Lich
11-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Cynthia (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3085) should not give faction when killed. She is not KoS unless you have somehow messed up your Beta Neutral (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/faction.html?faction=131) faction. She is listed as lowering the faction but I camped her and never received a faction hit.

Here is a quote from an anon poster on Alla from 2001.
"I am lvl 40 mage, send double-armed pet w/burnout 2 and DS, pet keeps her off me while I nuke, 2 Blazes and she drops. Sometimes a couple plat, decent xp at 40th. 6 minute spawn timer. NO faction hit at all when she dies -- killed her many times, she still dubious. Gypsies won't help her, you can camp right by her spawn point & attack her there, no problem. Safe, easy, slow xp for 40th lvl pet casters; loot & xp seem as good as clops, but she MUCH easier to kill."

I hope this helps. Thank you devs.

Dartagnan
11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Sorry. Yes she is in rathe mountains. I killed her last night and received a hit to my beta neutral faction. I now con apprehensive to her when I was indifferent before.

Reiker
11-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Oops, sorry.

nilbog
11-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Fixed, pending update.

Cynthia will no longer have faction.