PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Fear Kiting (melee range?) issues

Super Jesus
04-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Perhaps it is working as intended, but as a Bard only recently in possession of a Fear song I notice fear kiting being extremely inefficient and annoying here. I have to pretty much step on my target's heels to once in a while melee it while it's fleeing me.

I recall fear kiting being a viable hunting technique for Bards and other classes back on Live. Is it an issue with purposefully reduced melee range or something else? Combined with the new Bard bug, this pretty much means no soloing for me at the moment.

Thank mighty Satan I get Charm next level so I don't have to worry too much about this.

Bones
04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
The issue lies with the mob hitboxes which are pretty much broken on every EMU, and the reason I quit my first char (bard) in the first place, not that bards are useless now.
The hitboxes for mobs are not exactly where the model you see on your screen is.
It is kinda like CSS. It may look like you're shooting someone in the face, but his hitbox is lagging a foot or 2 behind him.
This same issue is what has screwed up swarm kiting for bards.
To get close enough to the swarm of mobs for the PBAE song to hit, you will have to get close enough to BE hit, thus making it pretty much impossible/inefficient.

Deathrydar
04-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Thank mighty Satan I get Charm next level so I don't have to worry too much about this.

Ahh, but I think charm requires mana. And Bard's mana bars are currently bugged. lol!!

Super Jesus
04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
First Charm song does not require mana if I recall correctly.