PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: green con xp

sawin
01-27-2012, 05:04 PM
2 deputies in misty thicket, eigon and the other one that assists him (want to say it was felp) will give experience messages and weapon skillups despite being green cons.

Bruman
01-27-2012, 05:07 PM
There are things known as "high greens". They con green, but aggro, give exp, skillups, etc, as a light blue would. One more level will usually remove that.

I don't know if it's "classic" or not, but I want to say it is. There are a whole lot of scenarios where you see the high greens.

sawin
01-28-2012, 06:47 PM
November 7 . 2001
"NPCs that used to /consider green but gave experience will now /consider light blue, as well as NPCs of slightly lower level than those greens. You will always get experience for something that is light blue. You will not receive experience for greens."

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011107.html

it would be nice to skillup off green mobs, considering lots of folks grind these guards for cash. i wouldnt mind this being left in.

Savok
01-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I would check your UI targetindicator.ini file settings to make sure the colors are set correctly. I have never got experience off of any green con mob on p99 with my default/velious or Vert UI changes.

maximum
01-30-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty sure this is "working as intended", per Classic timeline. The light blue color is based on the EQ Client, not the server. There are posts about it.

I can get Disarm skill-ups on almost any mob--even a Level 1.

Arillious
02-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Confirmed this is the case on red as well. Green mobs will give exp for one level under light blue. IE, mob is light blue, you level up, its green now but still aggroes and gives exp.

Confirmed on runneye mobs, west common orcs and misty thicket guards.

sawin
02-03-2012, 05:18 PM
thanks arillious, nice to see someone confirming a bug instead of saying, "must just be you". lvl 30 mobs dont typically reward xp at 46 and 47, correct?

Pomaikai
02-03-2012, 06:40 PM
I would check your UI targetindicator.ini file settings to make sure the colors are set correctly. I have never got experience off of any green con mob on p99 with my default/velious or Vert UI changes.

Using your UI and just got exp off green cons in LGuk a few days ago.