PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: weapon buffs procs giving extra stats

bamzal
01-26-2012, 03:31 AM
Summary

Weapons that proc buffs on self are granting double to triple the amount of stats that the buff actually should be giving.

A weapon procs a buff on you and you receive the buff as normal, but then anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds after receiving the buff, you receive additional stats from the same buff proc.

Examples

dark reaver proc (steal strength) unbuffed str: 156
buff proc initally grants 23 str, putting me at 179 str
a few seconds later it grants an additional 43 str (66 str total), putting me at 222 str self buffed
cat o' nine tails (feel like cat) unbuffed agi: 75
buff proc initially grants 18 agi, putting me at 93 agi
a few seconds later it grants an additional 18 agi (36 agi total), putting me at 111 agi

Additional Info

- the initial stats gained, and the extra stats gained are both static values
- the extra stats always come after a proc, no matter what, in 1 seperate application
- the extra stats come randomly between 5-20 seconds after receiving the initlal buff proc
- the extra stats don't appear to be duplicate iterations of the initial buff, but rather the buff re-applys itself (but with a different version of the buff)
- the extra stats last as long as the buff duration itself
- if the mob resists a proc, you do not get the extra stats (since you did not get the initial buff, due to the resist)

kanras
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Fixed, pending update. (The stats were fine on server prior to this change, though. Only client was bugging out.)

Bkab
02-14-2012, 07:46 PM
kanras confirmed potential savior of the box (if any of his pro fixes actually get patched)

Ssleeve
02-14-2012, 08:23 PM
kanras confirmed potential savior of the box