PDA

View Full Version : Faction Boosting for Evil Chars

maultar
04-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Did "some" looking on here on this couldn't find what I needed.

I need to raise faction with Ogguk because vendors will not sell to me. So not much to go there but I don't know why they won't talk to me I'm evil, Dark Elf Innoruuk. They don't KOS but they won't sell to me.

My other desire is to be able to walk in to all freeport zones uninvised and buy from merchants. Now is just above the cut good enough or does having a higher faction (ally) get you cheaper prices? Same with Charisma? Better off just malking a human mule?

If I were to do it all myself no mules how does one go about raising faction with Ogguk and Freeport? Most efficient route please. Thanks in advance.

guineapig
04-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Don't have time to do it right now but it would be a great idea to post all the quick faction quests in one place.

Stuff like: milk bottles, red wine, muffins, bone chips... all that sort of stuff. There are dozens of these quests that help boost faction with just about every city.

I'll try to add ideas later.

Excision Rottun
04-21-2010, 12:41 PM
My other desire is to be able to walk in to all freeport zones uninvised and buy from merchants. Now is just above the cut good enough or does having a higher faction (ally) get you cheaper prices? Same with Charisma? Better off just malking a human mule?

I believe charisma has no effect on vendor prices on this server.

Not sure about factions tho.

Shaun421
04-21-2010, 12:51 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20030325235327/http://www.twenkill.net/anezka/Factions.html

This is a guide on how an Iksar monk was able to at least walk un harassed in all good faction cities. It looks like the creator never got around to raising his faction with the evil cities so I am not sure how useful it will be for your particular situation.

Mordachai
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
To the best of my knowledge (and the bestiary on Allakhazam) the only BloodSabres that aren't in Qeynos city are Tovax Vmar in Qeynos Hills and the guy in the cave in High Pass. Tovax has been on my "must kill" list for over a year and a half (he killed my ranger every time he saw him -- sort of like Dorn and Dvinn).

That was an interesting quote because it makes me wonder if Tovax Vmar is on the right faction on p99 since he was indifferent to me when running aroung qhills.

sorry to hijack :)

NotInventedHere
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Charisma does affect pricing, but only up to around 110(107 maybe).
As an agnostic human starting out threatening to the guards in oggok, I raised my faction by turning in around 8 stacks of pickled froglok to Chef Dooga. You have to turn in 3 at a time with 10 gold. I'm unsure if this raises merchant faction, since I stopped at dubious.

maultar
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
So much unknown. grrrr, still googlin :P

Brut
04-21-2010, 03:41 PM
This one necro buddy tried to faction up with Oggok doing alot of the quests. Merchants of Oggok just won't go up from any of the quests or by killing anything. Sad but true.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=280

I'm not entirely sure if they used to sell to troll/DE on live.. Never brought one to Oggok to check. =p

bionicbadger
04-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I remember being able to buy stuff in oggok and at the vendor outside in feerott with my troll on live since thats where I'd buy bat wings. But looking at the allakhazam it seems you cant...

girth
04-21-2010, 04:16 PM
Only place i'm thinking about doing is Freeport. Is there any killing you can do or is it just a repeatable quest?

Erasong
04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
its a sad day when ogre vendors are more picky about who they deal with then elves or humans

maultar
04-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Only place i'm thinking about doing is Freeport. Is there any killing you can do or is it just a repeatable quest?

Yes EC orcs get you most FP factions except militia and maybe some paladin thing. To get those collect scalps in HHK and hand them in via wolf form to soem roaming captain dude in hhk.

Taluvill
04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
Question:

Say you do make an iksar necro, and you want to be able to walk into, lets say, qeynos.

If i parked my pet somewhere and let him kill gnolls, is afk factioning illegal?

mreynert
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Unless you personally hit the gnolls or even swing at them, or help your pet while it's fighting them, you will get NO faction at all.

You CANNOT afk faction even by design, as to whether it would be allowed I'm not even sure...if it were possible.

Tallenn
04-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Are you sure about that? I was under the impression that if you get on the mob's hate list, you will get a faction hit when it dies, and being KOS and nearby will usually get you on the hate list (unless of course you are FD).

As far as being against the rules, I would tend to think yes, it's against the rules, but I don't know that for sure. It definitely was in live- doing just about anything afk that progresses your character in some way is against the rules there.

LazyFuj
04-21-2010, 06:30 PM
you won't get a faction hit unless you have proximity agro.

Brut
04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Thinking of it, trolls not being able to buy from ogres is a real problem. The lower lvl vendors outside oggok were on OggokResidents, and the ones inside Oggok are on MerchantsofOggok (+ the innkeeps in feerrott, they're lvl30+ while the OggokResident ones are like lvl5). You can't buy large banded molds from Grobb; Oggok is the nearest bad city that sells em (according to EQTraders, the molds can't be found in Neriak). There's 2 vendors who sell the molds: one near the bridge in feerrott, another at the cultural forge in oggok. If anything, the feerrott lowbie vendors ought to be friendly enough with trolls to sell. Otherwisely they will have to rely on mules. Mugu is the one selling the molds, right by the roasting dorf (omnomnomnom).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=183

Plus that faction can be increased with this quest-line! Only problem is that the quest requires troll-killing. ><

Mentioned the faction-thing on this topic toos (OP) http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1761.

maultar
04-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Thinking of it, trolls not being able to buy from ogres is a real problem. The lower lvl vendors outside oggok were on OggokResidents, and the ones inside Oggok are on MerchantsofOggok (+ the innkeeps in feerrott, they're lvl30+ while the OggokResident ones are like lvl5). You can't buy large banded molds from Grobb; Oggok is the nearest bad city that sells em (according to EQTraders, the molds can't be found in Neriak). There's 2 vendors who sell the molds: one near the bridge in feerrott, another at the cultural forge in oggok. If anything, the feerrott lowbie vendors ought to be friendly enough with trolls to sell. Otherwisely they will have to rely on mules. Mugu is the one selling the molds, right by the roasting dorf (omnomnomnom).

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=183

Plus that faction can be increased with this quest-line! Only problem is that the quest requires troll-killing. ><

I can vouch for that, neriak ONLY sells small molds. I can't buy from muga. And have to make customers buy molds if they want me to make banded or I need a mule.

odizzido
04-23-2010, 05:48 AM
I also remember being able to buy off the ogre merchants with my DE nec. I think the faction is a little messed up.

Also, why would an ogre be able to shop with DE merchants, but a DE not be able to shop with ogre merchants? Makes no sense.

Yellow
04-23-2010, 06:12 AM
i mean it kinda does maybe they dont like you but use you? O.o

Omnimorph
04-23-2010, 06:13 AM
Also, why would an ogre be able to shop with DE merchants, but a DE not be able to shop with ogre merchants? Makes no sense.

Because ogres are dumb?

If you want to buy / sell to anyone... be an enchanter ^.^

maultar
04-23-2010, 07:28 AM
What about agnostic DE's will they sell to them? Maybe it's a price of hate discrimination.

Yellow
04-23-2010, 09:02 AM
lol

Omnimorph
04-23-2010, 09:30 AM
What about agnostic DE's will they sell to them? Maybe it's a price of hate discrimination.

Innouruuk isn't racist. he hates everyone equally.

maultar
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Lol no but I think maybe Ogres are scared of anything to do with him and therefore won't sell to us. :P I mean look at the guy.

Nocte
04-23-2010, 10:06 PM
As a DE Inny ROG, I've been having the damndest time getting my faction up with WFP guards. I have killed hundred of orcs in EC, it seems, and I can't get past threatening with them. Are there a few bugged factions that don't increase?

Tenurn
05-02-2010, 03:37 PM
Based on what I have read orcs don't raise the wfp guard faction.

Gukag
05-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Trolls can sell to Oggok merchants. I have been in several Ogggok guard groups, where I would slaughter the guards, main loot all the fine steel weapons, sell them then split plat among group. Killing the guards has no effect on the merchant faction.

So I don't know about Ogre merchs being picky when they'll buy the weapons off their fellow guards I just killed right in front of them.

Darian
05-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Question for Innoruuk DE's:

I've been trying to start guard killing in WFP/EFP to boost faction with bank guards in NFP. Approximately how many kills will it take me to get to dubious there?