PDA

View Full Version : Camera angles for pulling

Kautin
01-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Hey all,

i play a monk in the third person default camera view. I know in the original EQ you could use the LEFT mouse button to pan the camera 360 degrees without altering the direction your character faced. As of now all i can do is pan the camera with the right mouse button but that also changes which direction i am running. I will give an example to better describe what i am trying to achieve here and how this function would be beneficial.

For example... As a monk i would pull a mob and start to run back to the group. While i run back to the group i want to look behind my character to make sure the mob is on track, so i would then use the LEFT mouse to pan 180 degrees to look behind me but while my character would still be running forward.

As of now this is not possible but i am 100% sure in the original EQ i could run forward in the default camera view and be looking at my character from the front seeing whats behind him.

If there is any confusion let me know, also what i am trying to find out if none of that was clear.. Is there a way this option can be enabled without having to use the F9 button to change camera styles??

thanks in advance.

Szeth
01-23-2012, 02:38 PM
You can do this in a few of the f9'able camera angles... but those angles can be mighty hard to keep control of.

Silentone
01-23-2012, 04:23 PM
I know in the original EQ you could use the LEFT mouse button to pan the camera 360 degrees without altering the direction your character faced

this may have been added way later but definetly not classic and not during kunark

falkun
01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
this may have been added way later but definetly not classic and not during kunark

Hit F9 3 or more times. Insert/Delete to pan in the Z-axis, CTRL+Page Up/Down to tilt the camera, and your left mouse to turn the camera without turning your character. I started in Kunark, but as far as I know Everquest has always had these camera angles.

Default: 1st person, scroll wheel for behind the back view.
F9 1x: Top-down view, CTRL + Page Up/Down to tilt camera
F9 2x: My preferred view. 3rd person behind the back. You can zoom out as well with all the camera buttons, you just cannot turn camera without turning character.
F9 3x/4x: Two similar views of your character in 3rd person where the character and camera movement are unsynced (you can turn character without turning camera, and visa versa, but translation of character (strafing, moving) will also move the camera by that amount).

As far as I know, all of these camera views have always been possible (again with the caveat that I started just after Kunark release on Live).

Handull
01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
instead of using f9, i changed f1-4 to be the camera angles that i find useful (i also use WASD for moving). so i can pop to first person quickly with f1 if needed, jump out to free camera 3rd person using f4, go to periscope mode with f3, and fix over the top cam with f2. i mainly use f1 and f4, and w hen pulling its just a quick f4, turn the camera, look, and then f1 back to normal view. i never used f1-5 for the default purposes, so it didn't bother me to change them.

Kautin
01-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for all the tips and feedback.

I ended up working a similar system compared to "Handulls". I key bound the first person camera angle with "J" and then key bounded the third person 360 degree without changing the characters direction with "K".

In the end i just had to get a little creative and with some practice it will serve the same purpose for my initial intentions of being able to see whats behind me while i pull and or watch my self fighting a mob. :cool:.

username17
02-17-2012, 11:20 AM
There's a much better option to The F9 Controls.

Shift+T

This gives you a quick, reactive, wide, and easily controllable 3rd party camera view.
The same view, in fact, as the face button does in the inventory. However, this option is hot-keyed.

It opens up the title window, which of course is useless on P99.
I've made the window as narrow as possib,e then clicked the small circle icon in the top left of the window to collapse it so that only the small title bar shows. Then I move it somewhere out of the way.

The best part about Shift+T is that a simple Esc key closes the title window and switches you back to whatever your previous camera mode was.

I use it on all my toons and have found it to be incredibly handy.