PDA

View Full Version : Off hours soloing

alWald0
01-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Got everything back and was pleased to see my druid still there. So at 52 without some gear, no raid gear or anything else amazing, wheres the best place to solo and grind some?

maverixdamighty
01-23-2012, 10:01 AM
quad some raptors in td?

alWald0
01-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Tried it before i took my break, lack of good gear and mana became an issue.

maverixdamighty
01-23-2012, 10:11 AM
specters in oasis/feerott?

Raavak
01-23-2012, 10:17 AM
specters in oasis/feerott?
Those start turning light blue around 49.

You can quad DL. My wizard did it until 55 even or so (doing ragers and ravagings exclusively near the end). Alot easier than raptors and more forgiving. Also the occasional cleric coming through if you happen to screw up.

Can do BW too but its a little harder again.

alWald0
01-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Quick side note, they removed maps in newbie zones and cities?

oddibemcd
01-23-2012, 10:23 AM
If you don't mind safe and slow, root-rotting icegiants in everfrost and forest giants in the BW fort is a pretty decent option. If you do the math root-rotting isn't that much worse than quad-kiting, especially if you don't have a lumi staff.

Estu
01-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Quick side note, they removed maps in newbie zones and cities?

Yes. Only reason maps were in earlier is because devs were having a hard time removing them.

alWald0
01-23-2012, 10:34 AM
turns out i have about 2.3kpp, and i need a new belt, hands, and feet, and ideas on what to get? Dont know what the average price for decent gear is now, hopefully lower.

oddibemcd
01-23-2012, 10:49 AM
For 2.3, you should just pick up a Reed Belt for 2K and start saving for a pair of GEBS. Ice giants in everfrost are decent pp and you could make your 5K for GEBS over a period of 10-12 hours, while you level.

As for hands, I use ES hands which are cheap, but they don't have stats if you are still struggling getting to 200wis.

Venader
01-23-2012, 10:54 AM
split paw hide gloves are cheap + wis hands

Fountree
01-23-2012, 11:05 AM
City of Mist! Easily the most undervalued zone for druids. Harmony your way in to one of the courtyards and single pull some goos! Root rot. Some are dark blue even until 60.

Morsakin
01-23-2012, 11:27 AM
City of Mist! Easily the most undervalued zone for druids. Harmony your way in to one of the courtyards and single pull some goos! Root rot. Some are dark blue even until 60.

This; if you run out of goos or they're already camped, try the temple. Chances are you'll end up walking away with a boatload of exp and decent plat / bags full of items (Quivering Staff, Trance Sticks, Spells, gems, etc.)

I spent all of 51-55 there; the 85 ZEM is particularly nice, and the mobs' hp compared to other zones of similar level ranges makes for efficient soloing. (The pathing which can be legitimately abused is also a huge plus in tight situations)

If you're still up in the air, compare the numbers for yourself:

http://web.archive.org
/web/20021129210131/http://www.geocities.com/ficticiousname9/ (http://web.archive.org/web/20021129210131/http://www.geocities.com/ficticiousname9/)

That should include everything outside of VP and HS, just make sure to take ZEM's into account.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Fountree would agree with me on this one; do yourself a huge favor and avoid solo'ing in the PF bear pits if anyone decides to point you in that direction. Unless of course you like having giants from 3 stories up warping on top of you and bringing 20 buddies whenever pathing decides to screw you over.

alWald0
01-23-2012, 11:56 AM
I have like 1900 mana, is that enough? And for the goos, how tough are they?

Morsakin
01-23-2012, 12:08 PM
I have like 1900 mana, is that enough? And for the goos, how tough are they?

That should be sufficient. By "Tough" I'm assuming you're referring to hit points, in which case they range anywhere from 1906-5915 and vary in levels from 36 to 47. However, if you're at goo house you'll most likely be dealing with the higher end versions, so I'd estimate somewhere around 5k hp on average.

Aside from the actual houses themselves, which would most likely result in 3 pulls for you with LOS issues on the initial pull, you could try the 3 goos in the temple, which come with a side of undead. One of the goos, the one in the middle elevated section, is consistently higher in level and thus hits harder/has more hp. The 2 undead on the (West?) side should be solo pulls with ease. That leaves you with 2 single undead pulls, 1 solo goo pull, and then a double goo pull.

At level 52, given you're not receiving any penalties as a druid, a level 35 mob in CoM given the 85 ZEM will yield just over .4% exp per kill. Most of the mobs, especially the goos, will be in the low to mid 40's, so that super goo alone could reward you with up to .7% per kill or so.

If goos are giving you a hard time, head over to temple, and just root rot the golems there to your heart's content, and proceed into lower temple should mana permit. Spawn times are around 15-20 minutes, but there are 5 golems above ground, 1 below ground + 5 undead, just watch out for the war boned skeles.

fischsemmel
01-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Those start turning light blue around 49.

They start turning light blue by 47, they are mostly light blue at 49 :(

alWald0
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Right now im doing ice giants in everfrost, still conning dark blue at 52. I will try the goos sometime. Unless people want to group?

RandonActs
01-23-2012, 04:19 PM
FM giant fort or seafuries, although seafuries island sucks with all the bard epic mobs running around.

mwatt
01-23-2012, 08:18 PM
CoM and BW Giant Fort and Seafuries (the latter for cash mostly, because the experience is a bit slow) are really good choices, as has already been said. Another good choice is the Aqua Goblins in LOIO. There will be a lot of light blues mixed with the blues at 52, but still pretty good experience and drop dead easy once you have it down (if you can get a breathing item).