PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Red Wood Wand, cannot sell to merchant

Pyrocat
01-22-2012, 08:43 PM
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2353

The merchants on Project 1999 will not accept money for Red Wood Wand, which seems to be a recent change because I remember selling them to a merchant earlier on this server. I'm not sure why this was changed because from what I can tell you were always supposed to be able to sell this wand to a merchant.

It is NON lore. Sell your fully charged one to a vendor who has an empty vendor slot, then sell your uncharged one, and buy them both back fully recharged, at 8pp each! This wand rock. Pure power. It's gotta be one of the most powerful weapons out there for PVP servers.

Merchant Value: 1 pp 0 gp 0 sp 0 cp

Please fix when you have time!

Jigga
01-22-2012, 08:49 PM
was nerfed because a <nihilum> on red99 were using it to recharge and blow through lvls very quickly. 350ish dmg ae and if you had multiple wands made it very easy to lvl with cheap recharge

Jomar
01-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Wand of Conflagration also cannot be vendored on the blue server.

Pyrocat
01-22-2012, 10:13 PM
In that case, can we only get it nerfed on red and not blue?

Mardur
01-22-2012, 10:31 PM
In that case, can we only get it nerfed on red and not blue?

Yes, because being able to level 1-30 in an hour for free only affects Red, not Blue.

Pyrocat
01-23-2012, 12:02 AM
If there's one unfailing principle behind the blue p99 it is emulating classic behavior. Red is more of a "best guess" with some things smudged to make it fair. As far as I can tell, this wand can be vendored in classic.

edit: also this post nilbog seems to be making it clear that some recharable items will be nerfed ONLY on red.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=497635&postcount=1

I'm guessing this one just got changed on both servers by accident.

lethdar
01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Someone mad they cant plvl up anymore alts

Pyrocat
01-23-2012, 01:02 AM
when did bug report forum become troll forum?

triad
01-23-2012, 01:16 AM
when reds showed up.... could permadrop the server and ud get a /shrug and a meh outa me

Mardur
01-23-2012, 02:28 AM
when did bug report forum become troll forum?

When you started making bad posts.

Yes, not being able to recharge Redwood Wands is not classic. The drop rate of the Redwood Wand is also not classic. Technically they could remove every Redwood Wand in the game, set the spawn/drop rate to ultra rare, and make the wands rechargeable again. But that would be a lot of unnecessary work to achieve the exact same effect that disabling selling did in the first place.

Pyrocat
01-24-2012, 06:06 AM
When you started making bad posts.

Yes, not being able to recharge Redwood Wands is not classic. The drop rate of the Redwood Wand is also not classic. Technically they could remove every Redwood Wand in the game, set the spawn/drop rate to ultra rare, and make the wands rechargeable again. But that would be a lot of unnecessary work to achieve the exact same effect that disabling selling did in the first place.

Sweet post brah. I've provided evidence, you've provided an opinion.

Zalaerian
01-24-2012, 01:41 PM
No more free levels on blue hohoho.

Mardur
01-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Sweet post brah. I've provided evidence, you've provided an opinion.

Ban for trolling in bugs plz.

Daldaen
01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Ban for posting an opinion with no basis for your claims of rarity. Making your post useless.

Flunklesnarkin
01-25-2012, 12:52 PM
I support keeping it nerfed... leveling that fast does seem pretty shady lol.

p99 is suppose to be classicish.. not 100% copy paste of original eq.

Daldaen
01-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Tell that to pulling sky mobs from their island onto other islands. And to recharging any item at all with the merchant sale trick...

Szeth
01-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Dald, are you under the impression that mobs were not pulled inter island in classic?

We do some wild things on p99... but some of the top guilds (AL, Triton, FoH) did some pretty amazing things given their limitations at the time.

Flunklesnarkin
01-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Tell that to pulling sky mobs from their island onto other islands. And to recharging any item at all with the merchant sale trick...

It'd be nice if there was a legitimate way to recharge items added .. maybe a short quest or some set amount of plat paid per charge (on any item)...

enough to not encourage fast leveling but not too heinous.. maybe 1000 plat a charge or something maybe 10,000 plat on items with rarer and more powerful click charges effects.

Would remove money from the economy so might help stuff out in the end.

Daldaen
01-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Never said I was under the impression of that. I'm saying that isn't what the devs intended and the way people got around what they intended players to do is an example of something left in even though it's easier.

Dueling and summoning up also not intended. Those islands were intended on being done with only the number of key pieces dropped. Iirc that's like 24-30 on each island.

Just like it wasn't intended for merchants to recharge any item... But it's classic so it should be left in.

Which is a drawn out way of saying this should be unnerfed. Leveling Alta to 30 fast isn't anything game breaking enough to warrant a nerf which goes against classic situations (see hooping).

Neach
01-25-2012, 03:53 PM
I found out wands couldn't be sold today myself. I hate how asshats who abuse the normal classic not really game breaking stuff turns into a shitstorm of misleading bs. Good post pyro.