PDA

View Full Version : Live side zone out. Exploit or not?

Silikten
01-22-2012, 12:05 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/00b3r/UprisingExploit.jpg

El Culo
01-22-2012, 12:19 AM
Not.

Silikten
01-22-2012, 12:19 AM
How come? Typically, if you try to run there, you should zone. . .afterall, it is a zone out. . .

Can you explain?

fiegi
01-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Hug right wall

will never zone

Silikten
01-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Still won't do it. I consider it an exploit. Just curious why it is not considered one.

fiegi
01-22-2012, 12:27 AM
ya i dunno

i defintely won't be doing it on monday

prolly eat a lifetime ban if I was seen over there.

Silikten
01-22-2012, 12:42 AM
It leads to a game mechanic that leads to a pvp advantage, on a pvp server. Also, the intended design for it is not what its being used for.

I guess it is just pick and choose when it comes to what is an exploit and what isn't. Going to have to work around it I 'spose.

fiegi
01-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Don't think you can cast on someone on the other side of the portal......... So that can be used as a PVP advantage on someone who doesn't know the trick.

Toehammer
01-22-2012, 12:50 AM
If you feel that it gives someone else an advantage over you in PvP, it's probably due to other advantages over you, such as breathing with their mouths closed, or a fully developed cerebellum. It's a novelty at best.

/win, uthgaard rules

Silikten
01-22-2012, 01:15 AM
It doesn't require any special effort to run around it. Nor does being on the other side of it provide any aid. If you feel that it gives someone else an advantage over you in PvP, it's probably due to other advantages over you, such as breathing with their mouths closed, or a fully developed cerebellum. It's a novelty at best.

Well, at least we can always count on the fact we are more of an adult than you due to the 5 year old mentality of your "go straight to insults" rather than have a mature conversation.

Feel free to log in game on a similar geared character and see if you can even come close to killing me or Fiegi, because I highly doubt that will be the case.

Anyways, now that were done being childish, as you so wish to do. The fact is that it does require special knowledge to get to where they are. It does aid them in a player verse player situation, on a player verse player server. I could care less how they kill mobs. Also, it, once again, isn't the intended use for it.

There is a big difference between stuff like Levitating for an advantage, finding a vantage point as a caster, and knowing how to joust properly. Running through a zoneline is a bug, using a known bug is an exploit (See Killing Bugged Dragons 101).

But, you failed to overall list a good reason as to why it should not be an exploit, only that it is an exploit allowed here. That works for me.

Thanks

Zalaerian
01-22-2012, 01:25 AM
King can be solo'd due to this fyi. Not that I know anything about the details but just sayin.

Zalaerian
01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
So just for claritys sake, binding behind zone lines is 100% legit. Ok.

Zalaerian
01-22-2012, 01:38 AM
Whats the difference? Why does the particular zone matter?

Lazortag
01-22-2012, 01:38 AM
I think if someone got behind a zoneline by levitating over or getting feared behind it (something that requires effort, and something that not everyone can do), then using that to your advantage is exploitative. This takes no effort at all (you just have to hug a wall). It doesn't give any huge advantages, and probably wasn't even bannable on Live. Why cry over this?

xate
01-22-2012, 01:41 AM
You could do it on live.
It confers no benefit that leads to any advantage.

It's pretty beneficial to a solo necromancer or enchanter who keeps the king chain feared back there cause it won't path back through the portal, or are we strictly talking about PVP? There's definitely advantages in PVP if youre a medium-small race and are fighting an ogre/troll who cannot pass through without zoning.

Also you can step in that room and any frogs outside of it will stop pathing and warp in on you in 2-3 seconds, but I guess theres probably a dozen other tricks available to a person with that spot.

Zalaerian
01-22-2012, 01:44 AM
This is one of those times there needs to be a ruling. Just because its common knowledge
amongst most people, doesn't mean everyone knows you just hug the right wall. A caster could in fact cast down a melee who has no idea how to get back there.

Zalaerian
01-22-2012, 01:55 AM
Let the tears begin.

PS Poor Billy

ShipIt
01-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Large races can't reach the spot.
It offers an immune place from mobs - no pathing. ez

Lazortag
01-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Large races can't reach the spot.

This is true of a lot of spots in Everquest. It's just a feature of being a large race that some places will be harder to get to. If you can't handle it, just walk through the zoneline, it's not that hard. Honestly, the fact that I can levitate above any melee or move faster than them is more devastating than the fact that large races can't get to one freaking spot in the game that's right next to a zone line. Wow. Seriously?

Silikten
01-22-2012, 02:23 AM
An exploit is not simply using a bug. It's using a bug that confers an advantage.

Your inability to read or comprehend the reasons why it is not, does not make those reasons cease to exist.
Blacking out the rage-filled tells in your screenshot does not mean the rest of us can't see the writing on the wall that you can't figure out how to hug.
Being retarded doesn't mean that everyone else has an unfair advantage. It means that you personally have a disadvantage relative to everyone else.
And finally, being mad that you didn't get the answer you wanted, isn't going to make it magically confer an advantage.

Your inability to actually make correct accusations is astonishing. Rage filled tells? Those tells have nothing to do with the situation. I was talking to someone and there is no need to divulge my personal conversations with you.

I just ran there because I wanted to bind and saw them there exploiting a zoneline so I decided to screen shot it. It's kind of pathetic you take a game this serious as to suggest someone raging over it because a group of people are exploiting and I care that much to "rage" to someone else. Unfortunately, I have edited over the original screenshot or I would post it.

However, to make you look like the fool you are, here is the log with the named edited because it's not your business who I talk to. . .this conversation is from how I ended up in Lower Guk to catch this group exploiting the zoneline.

You told , 'wasnt even a fight lol'
tells you, 'dont they do like around 100 or so?'
You told , 'oom/hp from buffin ;('
tells you, 'i swear one shit me fucked me up'
tells you, 'lol'
You told, 'he spammed it and one landed'
You told , 'then fired'
You are too fatigued to jump!
Lamort says out of character, 'Hail Amelinda !'

Also, just because there is a way to, you know, zone out. That doesn't make it not an exploit. That just makes the exploit, you know, an exploit.
But yeah, it has been confirmed. Binding behind zonelines is legit and not an exploit. Thanks for the clarification.

Lazortag
01-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Your inability to actually make correct accusations is astonishing. Rage filled tells? Those tells have nothing to do with the situation. I was talking to someone and there is no need to divulge my personal conversations with you.

I just ran there because I wanted to bind and saw them there exploiting a zoneline so I decided to screen shot it. It's kind of pathetic you take a game this serious as to suggest someone raging over it because a group of people are exploiting and I care that much to "rage" to someone else. Unfortunately, I have edited over the original screenshot or I would post it.

However, to make you look like the fool you are, here is the log with the named edited because it's not your business who I talk to. . .this conversation is from how I ended up in Lower Guk to catch this group exploiting the zoneline.

You told , 'wasnt even a fight lol'
tells you, 'dont they do like around 100 or so?'
You told , 'oom/hp from buffin ;('
tells you, 'i swear one shit me fucked me up'
tells you, 'lol'
You told, 'he spammed it and one landed'
You told , 'then fired'
You are too fatigued to jump!
Lamort says out of character, 'Hail Amelinda !'

Also, just because there is a way to, you know, zone out. That doesn't make it not an exploit. That just makes the exploit, you know, an exploit.
But yeah, it has been confirmed. Binding behind zonelines is legit and not an exploit. Thanks for the clarification.

...you're illiterate.

El Culo
01-22-2012, 02:38 AM
if its in the game its in the game

Zalaerian
01-22-2012, 02:44 AM

Thats what I always said and ended up with a 2 week vacation

Silikten
01-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Summary of thread:

Silikten hears you can bind behind the zoneline.
Silikten tries to bind there, only to find other people are already there.
Silikten hurts his brain and becomes angry on the internet after attempting to simultaneously uncover the mysteries of how they got there and why they breathe through their noses.
Silikten rages on the forums at the injustice of it all.

Except none of that is true. Anyone can read the thread and see that.
I didn't even think of binding there (not once have I stated that, in fact I bound outside of that because it's an exploit).
I never thought they bound there.
My brain is totally bitchin.
I could care less on how they got/get there because they are all bad at pvp anyways (confirmed).
Uthgaard tries to explain his incompetence via insults toward a player.
Uthgaard confirms binding behind zonelines is legit.

Silikten
01-22-2012, 02:46 AM

EA SPORTS

Silikten
01-22-2012, 02:53 AM
That particular zone line.

minakto
01-22-2012, 02:56 AM
doesnt it allow you to not aggro the wonderer if you get behind the zone line?

minakto
01-22-2012, 02:56 AM
wanderer*

minakto
01-22-2012, 03:01 AM
If other zones lines are able to get behind and it doesnt mess with any pathing issues is it allowed and other people can get behind it then is it allowed?

minakto
01-22-2012, 03:06 AM
few zone lines you can get behind by hugging wall

The Revanchist
01-22-2012, 03:50 AM
if everyone can do it is it really an exploit?

lethdar
01-22-2012, 04:10 AM
You can get behind any zoneline in game by bogging down your processor and autorunning while tabbed.

Harrison
01-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Reported for sharing exploits.

Silikten
01-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Bravo! You've found the quote button. Do you understand the words that fell within those brackets and why you should be embarassed?

Or shall I draw you a picture with bright primary colors to illustrate?

Confirmed going behind zone lines is legit.

Silikten
01-22-2012, 04:30 AM
You can get behind any zoneline in game by bogging down your processor and autorunning while tabbed.

Go for it. It's been confirmed legit by Uthgaard. See previous posts for confirmation of it being confirmed.

Qadosx
01-22-2012, 01:00 PM
It was asked earlier, the roamer nor any other mob will agro you in this spot unless it is brought through the portal by a player hugging the wall.

Also, mobs that flee will not flee past the portal nor will feared npcs path past the portal, abusing pathing in this way would likely be considered an exploit.

fiegi
01-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Since i'm on the Do not Fly List

I won't be doing this until Amelinda or Rogaine confirm it's legal.

Amirite
01-22-2012, 01:39 PM
recap

going behind this zone line is not an exploit.

exploiting the pathing is exploiting.

Zalaerian
01-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Confirmed

aerokella
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q
q

jdklaw
01-22-2012, 04:30 PM
im here to argue about something thats ok

Slug
01-22-2012, 05:17 PM
I read this thread twice, and can't figure out why Uthgaard game out of the gate like a true popped collar knuckle dragger. I don't know Uthgaard, does he have a fragile pixel ego so rage first, read later - or is his character featured in the OP screenshot?

Silikten
01-23-2012, 12:09 AM
...you're illiterate.

no u

Tombom
01-23-2012, 05:45 AM
i am backing silly kitten on this one, you guys are retard. It is a simple question,

Was the game designed to allow players behind zone lines?

is the answer no?

k cool then make it bannable and enforce it, or find a way to fix it.

pretty fucking simple

Silikten
01-23-2012, 06:54 AM
I am going to have to back the tom to the bom on this one.

taakyn
01-23-2012, 12:42 PM

Rofl. Poor fiegi.
Hi pal

letsjoe
01-23-2012, 12:56 PM
sploit for sure, i wouldn't recommend could eat a random weeker. can you imagine all the sploiters coming karnors castle time? hes on top of the wall thats illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doors
01-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that's an exploit.

Zalaerian
01-23-2012, 01:32 PM
sploit for sure, i wouldn't recommend could eat a random weeker. can you imagine all the sploiters coming karnors castle time? hes on top of the wall thats illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhhhhhh

Knuckle
01-23-2012, 01:39 PM
This isn't really an exploit, it's more lucky if you go through the wall and don't zone.

Tombom
01-23-2012, 04:31 PM
This isn't really an exploit, it's more lucky if you go through the wall and don't zone.

http://i43.tinypic.com/15pfub4.gif

IronLikeALionInZion
01-23-2012, 04:41 PM
so all the time you run from mobs and you zone? thats not an exploit?

Tassador
01-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Training mobs to the guards is also an exploit. Your supposed to die... Also if you train a Blue con mob to a Blue con guard cause your LOM if you dont zone off the mob but kill it instead cause you medded up when the guard was dying. That is an exploit. lotta exploits out there better becareful.

fiegi
01-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Rofl. Poor fiegi.
Hi pal

hi

Avon Barksdale
01-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Patriots confirmed using dropped pass and missed field goal haxx.

Silikten
01-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Training mobs to the guards is also an exploit. Your supposed to die... Also if you train a Blue con mob to a Blue con guard cause your LOM if you dont zone off the mob but kill it instead cause you medded up when the guard was dying. That is an exploit. lotta exploits out there better becareful.

Guards are there to guard. It's an intended feature. Going behind a zone line without zoning is obviously not intended.

so all the time you run from mobs and you zone? thats not an exploit?

You can't comprehend.

Tassador
01-23-2012, 05:33 PM
friedchicken trains hgs/griffs to guards when they low health he dots and finishes them off. Working as intended...

Silikten
01-24-2012, 12:23 AM
friedchicken trains hgs/griffs to guards when they low health he dots and finishes them off. Working as intended...

Only ever killed 2 HGs. Both witnessed accounts. Bad idea giving away your lvling exploits though, bud!

Jadian
01-24-2012, 07:12 PM
So what about the SolB zoneline to Lavastorm that Tibberz (and other Holo clerics) likes to hide behind? What's the ruling on that one?

Jadian
01-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Not a good enough exploit spot to keep Scowl and Moru alive apparently though.

Nirgon
01-24-2012, 07:18 PM

Area behind King in lower guk confirmed Holo No Fly Zone