PDA

View Full Version : Raster spawn question

Dreads
01-20-2012, 12:40 PM
I guess this is a monk related question
The Idol is the only piece I have left to get.

Just wanted to know if there any strategy for this spawn. I read on allakhazam about despawn times and in game clock spawn time stuff and all that. Seeing if anyone could explain that or knew how it worked on P1999

Also what level is that camp soloable at without too much risk.

Thanks in advance

Rais
01-20-2012, 01:04 PM
I guess it depends on gear and level to solo it. A 50 monk should be fine here just killing the place holder.

I camped him till he spawned. Yea it has spawn times, but it really didn't matter from when I camped him.

joppykid
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
When I was trying to get mine they changed in the patch notes that they did something for the raster spawn, I am not positive on how this affected it but before the patch I went about 6 hours with no dice on the Idol and after the patch took 15 minutes. I think it was just dumb luck. When I did get him to spawn he spawned off timer of the minos. I can't remember the spawn timer but he popped before the minos did and he should have been the last one to spawn. He spawned after about 10 minutes of clearing his PH. I soloed the camp np at 51. Just takes a second to split. Mostly Greens and light blues.

Bruman
01-20-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't remember the patch notes where that happened, but I've camped it twice.

First time was in my high 40s (like 46-47 or so). I had some guildies help me break into the camp, then I just killed the bare minimum and was able to keep the camp. My gear was pretty bad, btw. Took about 13 hours, he spawned at the same rate as all the other mobs.

Second time I was over 50, and the camp was super easy. Did it all solo. Took about 6-7 hours.

Bring lots and lots of bandages, and use them if you're under 50%/70% (depending on your BW skill). After that, use mend on cool down.

All the information on ZAM and Bodi's page about funky timing, etc etc etc, was not applicable when I was camping him both times. He spawned next to the firepot on a regular timer.

Asher
01-20-2012, 03:21 PM
What we should be asking is why are Brother Zephyl and Brother Qwinn not dropping RotLC every time they die like they did on live during this time period?

Camping Raster is silly.

Asher

Edit: I stand corrected. I missed Kanras saying that he fixed the drop and the faction issues on both of these mobs at the end of Nov.

Get to killin them instead. Saves a lot of time.

Szeth
01-23-2012, 06:14 AM
They do not drop the robe every time, unless it is broken so that they can wear their white robe but drop the red robe.

Bruman
01-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Oh, the first time I did my Robe of the Lost Circle? It took me 16 hours just to get Brother Z to spawn.

Second time only took like 2 though.

Silentone
01-23-2012, 04:22 PM
if i remember correctly the spawn time on raster was changed to match what it is on live. prior to patch he was on same timer as rest of mobs in zone. after patch he has slightly diffrent spawn cycle because the ph can spawn and despawn on its own. If you read any related info on camping raster you will find there is a way to get a extra spawn in the cycle i believe by leaving 1 Ph up prior to the despawn....again my memory is a bit rusty on this but if i remeber correctly thats what the update was about.

Szeth
01-23-2012, 05:39 PM
at 8am game time ph despawns, respawns at 10am. Kill it immediately. Then kill the mob when it pops again (roughly 7pm game time). After you've killed 2 PH's wait till 8am when the third ph will despawn again. Rinse, repeat for 3 spawns per eq day instead of 2.7 or whatever it is

Yaolin
02-25-2013, 08:20 PM
So I got Targin the Rock because a group killed him and didnt need before I even though about camping him and just got Raster 2 minutes into camping him. Pretty amazing shit =)

Stoggieman
02-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Yaolin, You are dead to me. 40+ hours of my life have been wasted on that spawn (those were just the somewhat sober ones, as I attribute the other 40+ hours of lost life to drinking during the raster camp) . Yes bring bandaids, and what Szeth has outlined was how to get the extra spawn at the camp.

Larzz

diplo
02-26-2013, 10:53 AM
They do not drop the robe every time, unless it is broken so that they can wear their white robe but drop the red robe.

i killed both brother q/z and they wore white robes and i looted the ROTLC.