PDA

View Full Version : Login Fine then Solid Black Screen

Tocs
04-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Once I get ingame I see my character for about 5 seconds then my whole screen goes black like I was blinded by an NPC. Sound is still running and I can even do /camp etc but the screen remains black. I have tried doing all the dual-core settings and changing permissions / setting to 1 cpu. I also double checked all video settings and made sure they matched up with Eqclient.ini Still no dice.

Anyone have any ideas?

UPDATE: It is not only EQ, but all games. This is a new PC that I just got today and I installed all drivers.

Brund the Decrepit
04-20-2010, 08:09 PM
What resolution are you running Windows at? I would try to bring it down to something like 1280X1024 and then restart EQ. Once you get into EQ set your game resolution to what you want and exit. Once you exit, reset your Windows resolution to whatever it was and if you go back into EQ it should work.

I am curious though why this is happening to all games. Could be a driver issue too, make sure you are all up to date.

What video card are you running?

Tocs
04-20-2010, 09:47 PM
After hours of trying different things...it is either a bad port on my monitor/video card or a bad digital cable. Switched to an analog cable and fixed.