PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes, November 5th, 2009

Rogean
11-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Krak Windchaser will no longer assist. (Nilbog)
Added the missing darkpaws to Fippy's route. (Nilbog)
Added the Darkpaw flavor text for the added gnolls. (Nilbog)
Added the missing levels of sister_of_erollisi, fixed sisters spawns, spawn times, and loot. (Nilbog)
Removed the PoP item Essence of Fire from blazing elemental in sola, and fire_elementals in najena. (Nilbog)
Removed faction from alluring sirens in OOT. (Nilbog)
Fixed Shiel Glimmerspindle spawn, spawn time, and loot. (Nilbog)
The boat in dagnor's cauldron will no longer attack you. Also checked other boats to ensure their friendliness.
Dylin Starshine will now drop page 30 100% of the time. It was set at 90%, per research.. but no definitive proof either way. Merry christmas. (Nilbog)
Zombies no longer give rabies. (Nilbog)
Made loot from Quid Rhilstone in rathe mts 70/30 for common/rare drop. (Xzerion)
Fixed some fire giant spawn times in solb. (Xzerion)
Made Stone Spider Immune to Magic as was in classic. (Xzerion)
Increased duration of spawn of guano Harvester. (Xzerion)
Changed Spell: Alter Plane Hate to port to original Plane of Hate. (Xzerion, Rogean)

Previously Updated (Hotfix): soldunga-soldungb A & B zone porters corrected. Still use caution when approaching them, but you should no longer be transported to immediate danger.
Previously Updated (Hotfix): Emptied Ghanex Drah perl script, he was summoning a head, in addition to one from his lootable.

Goobles
11-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I was hoping for something a little more... saucier.

andymc1980
11-05-2009, 06:45 PM
like......sneed galloway now stock's bikini's? Or Cain Darkmoore opens a lap dancing bar in freeport?

Goobles
11-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Perhaps something along the lines of exp getting a boost. /shrug

Morfnblorsh
11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
You can't be serious. The one chance in a lifetime you get to go back in time and do something over again, and you would even jokingly suggest rushing through it? Shame on you Goobles! :p

Goobles
11-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Sadface. I hate level 39. Almost as much as I'm going to hate level 44.

LittleSorcerer7
11-05-2009, 07:00 PM
If they speed up the exp i for sure would quit.

Takshaka
11-11-2009, 01:04 PM
If they speed up the exp i for sure would quit.

are you serious? what the heck are you playing classic for if you want xp to be sped up for?

*Edit: yeah I read Goobles' post and LittleSorcerer's and combined them in my head and made an idiotic response. woops.

sever
11-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Did you quote the wrong person, because you're both on the same page..

Slayn
11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Made loot from Quid Rhilstone in rathe mts 70/30 for common/rare drop. (Xzerion)

Since Xzerion seem to be one of the few, if not the only enchanter on the server with the siren hair hood, I was hoping that he, or someone else, could shed some light on Quid's spawn trigger.

Is Quid's spawn similar to live? Does he spawn in the same area between the gypsies and paladins? Are pathing fire beetles still his PH?

As it is, several other enchanters and myself have already spent many hours trying to get Quid to spawn with no luck. It seems that Quid's spawn structure is not the same as live, so, if it is not asking too much, we would appreciate a hint that would point us in the right direction.

Thanks!

Wenai
11-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Could you please outline how he was supposed to spawn on live? I just looked it up in the database and it seems not so obvious. I just want to see if we are set up properly or not.

Wenai
11-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Some Alla posts as confirming evidence would be great as well.

Slayn
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Since most of the responses on web.archive are missing, allakhazam does have responses on Quid's spawn.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3608

First, most posts confirm that his PH/spawn is roughly in between the Paladin camp, the Gypsie Camp, and Glaron the Wicked (shaman epic NPC that spawns near the ruins.)

I have went to camp Quid three times now. The first time i went was for my chanter...would rather loot helm instead of buy for k's of pp hehe. He is located between the Paladin camp the Glaron the Wicked. I heard an easy way to get him to spawn was to kill all the npc's between the gypo's and the pallies. so i did. After one and a half hour of eating my greens (hehe) he spawned. on the hill just down from the orc camp on the gypsie side. Killed him, looted hood (AC 5, Cha 13, 10 Svs fire or close to that from what i remember) end of story. Later i found out that the hood goes for like 5k on my server...so back to RM it was HAHA. The second time there i did exactly as before and waited...and waited....and waited. No Quid! Got tired, Camped. Tonight i went back with a friend of mine (39 Shammy) and we let our pets rape all the greens (me a 45 SK) and sure enough after 2 hrs and 45 mins...Quid Rilstone! Blue con, Ready to attack (obviously) and ripe for the picking. Dropped him in under one minute and he dropped the Man-O-War this time, 19/41-Effect: Chaotic Feedback-Pal only, not bad...but not a hood LOL. I guess we'll go back tomorrow and give it a whirl. Hope some of this helps you guys out. GL with him and i hope you don't wanna lose pallie faction, cause he has tons of it ;)

Posted: Jul 12th 2000
He spawned once inbetween the gypsy camp the paladins, the other time I saw him spawn between the orc camp and the paladin camp.

To get to where Quid spawns, I'll assume you're coming out of the Feerrott zone. At the first junction, go right. Run into the open area to the left. You'll see a hill straight ahead or slightly to your right along with some ruins. Glaron the Wicked spawns in those ruins. If you turn left more and run back through the little hills and valleys, you'll come across a gypsy camp.

Kill all roaming bugs and critters from the gypsy camp to where Glaron the Wicked stands. This may be overkill, but it's not like you're going to be doing anything anyways.

Xzerion
11-12-2009, 05:43 PM
On this server beetles have nothing to do with him, wildlife animals around the druid ring/gyspey/Inn is where I would recommend hunting, cream also has a hood.

Darkintellect
05-30-2011, 06:28 AM
On this server beetles have nothing to do with him, wildlife animals around the druid ring/gyspey/Inn is where I would recommend hunting, cream also has a hood.

So what you're saying now is the far east camp where the paladin camp is at is no longer the location and instead we should move to the NW area of the zone where bear camp and unkempt druids are?

I've been camping this for a while now and I'm hoping that his location wasn't changed from what it was in Live. I've already wasted two days on this camp.