PDA

View Full Version : Overall, which is more solo-able and why?

Malrubius
01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Pally or SK?

Doors
01-19-2012, 01:56 PM
SKs due to snare and fear kiting with a pet. May take forever but doable. Paladins also do significantly less damage.

Arillious
01-19-2012, 02:15 PM
Sk's are only efficient solo tank class... and even then not very efficient.

godbox
01-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Sk's hands down like arillious said but I gotta disagree with the efficiency comment ya SK isnt a necro thats for sure and I could be wrong but for what a SK can do spell wise they seem like pretty capable soloers the whole way. of course behind necro bard mage but still good.

Grozmok
01-19-2012, 04:17 PM
I solo'd a lot on my SK back in the day. It's a major fucking pain in the ass, but it's totally do-able.

You have quite a few things working in your favor as an SK:

Feign Death
Lifetap
Fear
Snare (Clinging Darkness)
Pet (Free DPS and can keep a mob distracted long enough to let you run away or FD)
Locate corpse

Arillious
01-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Sk's hands down like arillious said but I gotta disagree with the efficiency comment ya SK isnt a necro thats for sure and I could be wrong but for what a SK can do spell wise they seem like pretty capable soloers the whole way. of course behind necro bard mage but still good.

I meant not efficient when compared to necro, bard, druid, shaman, mage, wizard. Definitely viable.

Nagash
01-22-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't have first hand experience but I imagine a 40+ paladin with deepwater helm and root must be able to do some impressive stuff. If the mob can be rooted and is not a caster, it's dead although it will probably take the paladin a couple of weeks to kill the mob due to his dps being on par with that of an anorexic oyster.

burkemi5
01-25-2012, 12:20 AM
paladins with some sort of UD proc weapon can do some decent soloing if you fight the right monsters

Arteker
01-27-2012, 07:58 PM
paladin can solo, its hard and painfull but doable.

They can self heal/root/pacify and once they got stuns very good taking casters mobs(wich is a trouble for wars monks).

Once they hit 45 enters the dw helm wich is a lovely heal wich reduce downtime quite alot.

sk rely to much in fear kite pet, wich is less viable in most dungueons , while paladin with his pacify root can fare better.

of course if take a paladin alot to solo a mob but very doable.

Giovanni
02-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Video tutorial of how to solo as a shadowknight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNj94iOW18&feature=youtube_gdata

Grozmok
02-02-2012, 01:37 PM
What is this I don't even

Aceofcups
05-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Video tutorial of how to solo as a shadowknight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNj94iOW18&feature=youtube_gdata

I actually "lol'd"

HarrisonIsStillPosting
05-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Paladin.

DW Helmet.

'Nuff said.

Kevlar
05-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Paladin.

DW Helmet.

'Nuff said.

At what level does that become clickable? Good luck getting there...

Does the fear wall in OT work on P99? Somehow I doubt it does. Was great on live, just grab a mob, take it to skyfire zone, snare, fear, it gets stuck on the wall, no dumb "I can't hit them from here" messages.