PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Mage bolts

Zereh
01-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Currently do not require line of sight.

They should.

Nizzarr
01-19-2012, 09:10 AM
yea its pretty dumb to have mages casting bolts on people that are at assassin/supplier from evil eye.

fix plz!

Sickpuppy
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
..... It's a bolt it's suppose to not need a line sight it's not a regular cast DMg spell that's why it takes more mana and be serious you can't bolt from ee to assassin Becouse you have to be in range to cast it so stop complaining

Nizzarr
01-19-2012, 10:02 AM
..... It's a bolt it's suppose to not need a line sight it's not a regular cast DMg spell that's why it takes more mana and be serious you can't bolt from ee to assassin Becouse you have to be in range to cast it so stop complaining

wait what?

You're telling me that bolt that goes tru layers of wall are not bugged?

If you have line of sight to start casting your spell, I have no problems with bolt going tru walls.

but as it is currently, you can get your target -- get to a another spot in a dungeon and cast your bolt tru walls without line of sight.

Fix please!

heartbrand
01-19-2012, 11:24 AM
They do require line of sight, and they travel along the geometry, not through it. However, what it is bugged, is that mage bolts travel slightly slower than a ducked, encumbered, troll, at the moment. This was never the case on live, please make mage bolts travel as fast as they did there, right now it is impossible to land a mage bolt on someone in an outdoor zone. Thanks.

edit: ebolt does the same thing not just mage

Cymbal
01-19-2012, 12:20 PM
this is the worst bug i have seen in any game

If heartband can nuke me from live side while im at ass sup with NEVER showing his face this is a problem

yes he still didnt kill me bc hes a no-talent fuk but seriously people

this needs to be fixed asap, especially for losers like heartbrand who abuse it because its the only way he can kill anybody.

heartbrand
01-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Nuked you with vision on top of bridge while you were poking out of safe hall but thanks

heartbrand
01-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I have no problem proving this via test btw go stand in ass/sup ill be in live side it will say out of range

Jigga
01-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I slightly remember mage bolts colliding with hard objects and being nullified. I dont remember a bolt maneuvering through dungeons in a serpentine fashion chasing its target

heartbrand
01-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Alllakhazam also shows that target type LOS not required

Denzal
01-19-2012, 02:14 PM
If they are going to make it classic let it do double damage on hills like it used to also, thanks

heartbrand
01-19-2012, 02:21 PM
If they are going to make it classic let it do double damage on hills like it used to also, thanks

heartbrand
01-19-2012, 02:21 PM
You also used to be able to sidestep and get off double bolts, here, if you cast or click anything after a bolt it nullifies the bolt, in classic you could also stack bolts so 4x could hit a person in a row.

Cymbal
01-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Nuked you with vision on top of bridge while you were poking out of safe hall but thanks

initial line of sight was never aquired

im sitting in a 4x4 room with 1 entrance, u never showed ur face and the bolts came in

fix asap

Haul
01-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Is the truth. This definately needs fixed :l , is an exploit with no initial LOS cast. Is the essential to aimbot in counterstrike. A trained monkey could exploit this, no pun intended Heartbrand.

Buhbuh
01-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure if it is also classic for the bolt to just disappear if a Mage casts any other spell before the bolt lands on something, but that happens too.

I can cast bolt, get it off, then click Jboots immediately after, and then the bolt basically disappears and never hits the target. In PvP I have to wait for the bolt to hit someone before casting another nuke. I never played a Mage so I'm not certain if that's how it always was, but it seems kind of ridiculous.

Darwoth
01-22-2012, 11:49 PM
bolts and arrows would both hit whatever came between them and their target, including mobs/players.

shorttin
01-23-2012, 05:48 PM
it's a feature, not a bug

Nirgon
01-24-2012, 07:01 PM
bolts and arrows would both hit whatever came between them and their target, including mobs/players.

Albane
01-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Bump. This seems to be getting ignored. Envenomed Bolt is also not doing a LoS check at any point before or after being cast.

This is very annoying in dungeons, when players are targeting and then running around 20 corners and casting bolts, which have a huge range on them already.