PDA

View Full Version : Where to Lvl?

Skeezy727
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
Hi all, just a quick question. I'm lvling in Crushbone atm on my dorf pally. I can't really remember where to go from here once I out lvl this place. I remember spending quite a bit of time in Unrest back in the day, but i just don't really remember where to go from here. Any advice?

Skope
04-19-2010, 09:47 PM
as a pally, go to unrest :P it's quite vibrant on this server and groups are aplenty. One thing i'd be careful of are the unrest trains. they can get quite gruesome at low lvl.

Ardenya
04-19-2010, 10:14 PM
A great place to level after CB is Oasis. I have made 13 - 16 in a few hours grouping at the orc highway but you can start a little earlier doing the crocs in a group by the docks. There are merchants nearby to sell the loot or buy food/drink too. Throughout the whole evening there were 30+ people in the zone so finding company should be easy enough. Unrest will keep you busy after 20+ so you might consider stopping buy in Oasis.

Tallenn
04-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Unrest after CB. That should take you to high 20s, maybe even higher, but there's only like one camp suitable to anyone above 30.

After that, High Keep basement rocks- can go to 35 or more. Then, it's time to start in Sol B and L Guk.

I HATE Oasis. Random gankage by SGs and specs, over- crowded, yelling matches in zone channels about who stole who's spawn, and crap money (at least on crocs, orcs are pretty good). I much prefer HighPass or Unrest in upper teens, NRo or WC in lower teens. The ONLY thing oasis has going for it is that's where everyone is, so getting groups is usually pretty easy.

Skeezy727
04-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Cool, thanks for the input guys. =)

MrB
04-20-2010, 03:10 AM
I HATE Oasis. Random gankage by SGs and specs, over- crowded, yelling matches in zone channels about who stole who's spawn, and crap money

That's what makes it classic :D

A must visit zone.

guineapig
04-20-2010, 02:36 PM
That's what makes it classic :D

A must visit zone.

Are you a caster of any kind?

If so, I have 2 words for you: puma aggro

They can smell you sitting form a mile away and THEY WILL run across the entire zone just to take a bite out of your face while your trying to meditate.

But yeah, the zone is kind of like a time capsule of playing in '99. :)

mgellan
04-20-2010, 02:48 PM
Hey guys:

I put up a wiki to publish my levelling guide I've collected from various sources over the years, if you want to check it out hopefully it'll be helpful. Every page is editable, so if you want to add your own wisdom, even better! Be nice or it'll come down is all I ask.

http://www.gordtulloch.com/twiki

Regards,
Gord

Elendae
04-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Hey guys:

I put up a wiki to publish my levelling guide I've collected from various sources over the years, if you want to check it out hopefully it'll be helpful. Every page is editable, so if you want to add your own wisdom, even better! Be nice or it'll come down is all I ask.

Regards,
Gord

This is great. I am not an expert when it comes to places to level, but I'll try to flesh out what I can.

Zordana
04-20-2010, 10:11 PM
i find this a nice guide for leveling, but guides for raids? isnt it all about figuring out how everything works, if you didnt do it yet? =)

mgellan
04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
i find this a nice guide for leveling, but guides for raids? isnt it all about figuring out how everything works, if you didnt do it yet? =)

Dunno, some of us find multiple wipes / CRs make raid size encounters too time consuming - having some advice on workable techniques makes it a more positive experience IMHO...

Regards,
Mg

BuzWeaver
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Hey guys:

Regards,
Gord

Very nice, I appreciate it. Typically I'd visit Alla's, but so much of it has changed with all the EQ Live expansions.

Nedala
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Why does nobody ever hunt in splitpaw?

Dantes
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
I've been trying to dig up some guides on making cash myself. I wasn't very good at that the first time I played either.

Tenpin
04-21-2010, 04:45 PM

I am sad to hear this. I was heading to Paw due to being tired of Unrest. Where is a good spot for 23+? Thanks for input

BuzWeaver
04-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I've been trying to dig up some guides on making cash myself. I wasn't very good at that the first time I played either.

I don't suppose there is an 'easy' way, however by simply hunting you'll build cash over time. What you can do is find things either for quest or work on trade skills. For example, if you hunt Skeletons they drop coin, loot and bone chips. The loot you can sell and the bone chips you can turn-in for quest. Also you can hunt in Crush Bone for quest drops as well (Crush Bone Belts, 2 at a time and Lego Pads, 2 at a time). Those are turned in, in South Kaladim to the Warrior GM. You'll get coin and items to sell.

In particular the quest in North Kaladim (Pally Guild, Bone Chips), provided you are a good race, will yield coin and items to sell (as well as exp.). While you're doing all this traveling you can do the Going Postal Quest (Bard Guild) If you hunt in EC you can get pelts, which you can either combine (Sewing Kit + Ruined + Pattern) and then sell the made goods to the merchant or sell the pelts to players. This also includes Silks dropped by spiders and spiderlings.

These are some of the basic ways I generate cash, its kind of a multi-task system. I don't know what level you are, but that's how I build cash as a newbie. A lot of it is research. Research what people are wanting to buy and or quest. You'd be surprised how much of a pay off doing trade skills are. Trade skills are kind of rough in the beginning but have a nice pay off in the end.

That's a great question. I'm not high enough to hunt there myself, but once I am I'll be hitting paw for sure. It was a great zone (exp wise), good drops and nice coin.

Elendae
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
There's a small, dedicated force that swear by splitpaw from what I've seen. It's fairly out of the way for the average adventurer though, so it doesn't get much love. I believe I'm close or right in the range of it, so I will be hitting it up soon. I've never been before.

Dantes
04-21-2010, 05:14 PM
BuzWeaver - thanks for the heads up. It's rough being a brand spankin' newbie again without any twink love, but then again the challenge is fun. I have been gathering chips and pelts, so I guess I'm on the right track. I'm a DE, but I'll look into our equivalent quests.

BuzWeaver
04-21-2010, 06:10 PM
BuzWeaver - thanks for the heads up. It's rough being a brand spankin' newbie again without any twink love, but then again the challenge is fun. I have been gathering chips and pelts, so I guess I'm on the right track. I'm a DE, but I'll look into our equivalent quests.

Glad to help out. :)

toddfx
04-21-2010, 07:22 PM
I usually tend to take my characters to Misty Thicket for 3 - 10 or so. Tons of mobs make for pretty much constant killing, and not a lot of running to get to vendors or bank. I solo most of the time, but a good duo can take all the goblin camps no problem.

However my favorite part about Misty Thicket right now is how popular deputy farming is, and how much loot slips through the cracks! At 1.4pp per Small Round Shield, and 10pp per FS Spear (a rare find for the ninja), they rack up pretty quickly. The farmers want the spears, but they generally leave the shields which are prime plat for us newblets.

Elendae
04-21-2010, 08:23 PM
As a lowbie, I just kept an eye out on merchants and picked up bone chips when I saw them and resold to players. 1 stack is around 5pp to players, so you end up making about 4pp profit since you can buy a bone chip for 4s or so, but save them up and sell in bulk and you can make close to 5g per chip.

jkfranklin
04-21-2010, 09:44 PM
trying to level my necro up from 6 in EC has been hell, maybe im doing it wrong but anyone have any suggestions.

JayDee
04-21-2010, 09:56 PM

Pretty sure the exp modifier is bugged in there.

Lguk frogs same level give like double the exp.