PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Duel Wield not working w/o primary weapon equipped

Heebo
01-16-2012, 01:54 AM
I was messing around in a duel earlier and noticed something odd. When your primary weapon isn't equipped, you won't be able to hit with your secondary weapon, you only punch. Furthermore, if both weapons are removed, you won't punch with both fists, just the primary. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find anything on it.

kanras
01-19-2012, 04:49 PM
There's a note in the code: "//only monks and beastlords? can dual weild their fists." Do you have evidence otherwise?

Heebo
06-11-2012, 01:14 PM
This wouldn't be dual wielding fists because there is a weapon equipped in the secondary. I'll try to see if I can find something although I'm not sure if it would ever affect anything other than trying to get a proc without beating someone to death in a duel.

Reptak
06-12-2012, 05:43 PM
[only monks] can dual weild their fists.

This can be read to mean, in the case of all other classes besides monks:

Dual Wield check won't go off if no weapon is equipped in primary, regardless of what is in secondary.
Duel Wield check won't go off if no weapon is equipped in secondary, regardless of what is in primary.
Duel Wield check won't go off if no weapon is equipped.

The comment seems a bit ambiguous to me. Anyone have any evidence of how it should work?

Sundawg
08-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Tested on EQmac with a mid level weaponless rogue vs. a mid level PC that does not have riposte.

The rogue did indeed punch with primary and off hand fists. Seen graphically and observed triple attack in one combat round.

kanras
08-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Fixed, pending update.