PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Simultaneous hand ins and item loss

Hakurou
01-14-2012, 11:11 AM
I think a lot of people are already aware of the Shimmering Pearls that went missing on Ragefire. Today this also happened while turning in two Lord Grimblox’s Signet Rings at about the same time to Natasha Whitewater in Timorous Deep, resulting in exp and quest response to be given to only one person and the other losing the ring.

This leads me to believe that quest hand ins in general are to some extent broke, resulting in disappearing quest items and lots of headache if handed in at about the same time. Maybe there's nothing that can be done about it, if so there should at least be a warning in a prominent place so people can be aware of it.

Kole1
01-14-2012, 08:06 PM
The shimmering pearl item loss is not a result of a double hand in.

The pearls have been given to pets, mobs, and the KoS version of ragefire that was subsequently charmed in a confusing situation.

As far as Natashya, I heard someone grumble when they piggybacked on a Natashya spawn as well that the first turn in worked and the second didnt..but I have also heard of a few people doing this just fine.

It may be that when Natashya has 2 people try the same turn in ( i.e. 2 signet rings) she is only coded to give out one ?, while she spawns with the ability to reward 1 of each of her potential items ( the pearl and the shell ? ) Just a thought

Hakurou
01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Actually we did three hand ins to Natasha. The first two were at about the same time, only one item was given. The third hand in was fine again and yielded the reward, as it was some time later. So I guess it has something to do with database response time or the way the NPCs store information about items they already received (for MQ purposes perhaps?). It's a little strange that two out of three hand ins of the same item, to the same NPC worked and the only factor for item loss that I could determine was the simultaneous hand in.

Sunderfury
09-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Resolving due to age.