PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Your gate is too unstable and collapses...

Dfn
01-14-2012, 02:29 AM
Ninja change? I got them leveling up rarely... very rarely.

I got two yesterday and I've gotten three tonight in less than two hours.

tsaC
01-14-2012, 02:54 AM
well my guess is when you were leveling you weren't gating very frequently

now that you're level 50 and you're getting coined by the likes of Lamort, you're having to gate very very frequently. Larger sample size, variance, etc. Sorry you got dirtnapped.

Dfn
01-14-2012, 05:24 AM
I must have gated then somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 times in that hour and a half to hit even a 5% fail rate. I probably haven't gated 60 times total in the past month. I understand variance, but I also understand the likelihood of failing 5 gates in less than 10-15 attempts is hiiiighly unlikely in Everquest Classic. The question still stands, was the failrate modified or did I hit the jackpot of failed gates?

Shouldn't you be logged in getting other peoples characters dirtnapped right now? Sucks to be Lethdar.

tsaC
01-14-2012, 05:30 AM
haha funny story actually, was on leth full raid buff pvping in Lguk, 2khp+runeIV figured I could tank a shitty green basilik with some noob druid chain starfiring me while I chain stripped the charm off pet, well turns out that basilik stun aint no joke and it chain stunned me to death right next to the zoneout (150mr+)

sick game we got here!

Dfn
01-14-2012, 05:32 AM
haha funny story actually, was on leth full raid buff pvping in Lguk, 2khp+runeIV figured I could tank a shitty green basilik with some noob druid chain starfiring me while I chain stripped the charm off pet, well turns out that basilik stun aint no joke and it chain stunned me to death right next to the zoneout (150mr+)

sick game we got here!

Happened to me too. Except I have more MR than that - and I didn't get a chance to dispel. I got proc'd on first hit and 100-0'd lol.

tsaC
01-14-2012, 05:41 AM
haha like brothers in arms, we are

Nirgon
01-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Pretty sure after lvl 30s or so I never saw this on live.

I know that wizard evac spells should have a failure rate, not sure if they do here. AKA it can fail to grab on each group member individually.

^ Nirgon advocating a wizard nerf.

Mardur
01-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah, wasn't that rare on live. If anything it's less common on this server.

tsaC
01-25-2012, 08:33 AM

Shweet
01-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I lol'd, I don't even remember hardly ever seeing gate fails on my live-wizard. Played for 8 years and never dealt with any type of failure rate like that.

snaz
01-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Had this happen at least twice today out of only like 5 casts.

nilbog
01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, wasn't that rare on live. If anything it's less common on this server.

+1.

Also, when it happens, you shouldn't be able to immediately recast it. Should have to wait for fizzle cooldown of spell.

Szeth
01-27-2012, 12:30 PM
Hokushin had 2 gate pots collapse in a row. Confirmed bad monk

Autotune
01-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I know that wizard evac spells should have a failure rate, not sure if they do here. AKA it can fail to grab on each group member individually.

I thought about that too when people were using evacs. I thought it could fail to snag people as well. I have never seen it here tho.

Edit:

Oh, here ya go.

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-7732.html

These comments are posted from around 2004, but they refer back in their comments to kunark fails and some other eras as well.

Nirgon
01-27-2012, 02:14 PM
+1.

Also, when it happens, you shouldn't be able to immediately recast it. Should have to wait for fizzle cooldown of spell.

I agree with the waiting for cool down part, but I think this was based on caster's skill level.

I can't recall seeing it 50+ really ever, but was semi-common at low lvls.