PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Monk Epic- Astral Projections OT/LoIO

Rais
01-13-2012, 07:51 PM
It seems the Astral Projections in Overthere and Lake of Ill Omen are on different spawn time as they are suppose to.

http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/monkepicquest.htm

States that it should be a 3hr respawn time. It was being tracked around 1pm est to see if it was up, as of 7pm est it hasn't respawned.

I'm guessing since Trunt is on a 30hr timer* no one has noticed the respawn times on these guys. No idea what they are on now, but it's not three hours.

*Confirmed to be fat-fingered 0 added to a 3.

Trystych
01-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I believe the LoIO projection and vorash/deep/xenevorash are spawning in the wrong location too. Currently they can be found at -2000, -1000 or thereabouts at the shore and they should be on the only gazebo type platform on the lake.

Xatava
01-13-2012, 08:52 PM
We should probably just start making a list of the mobs in monk epic that aren't behaving incorrectly, it'd be easier.

bluejam
01-14-2012, 10:27 AM
I believe the LoIO projection and vorash/deep/xenevorash are spawning in the wrong location too. Currently they can be found at -2000, -1000 or thereabouts at the shore and they should be on the only gazebo type platform on the lake.
This is correct.

maximum
01-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I attempted to trigger OT Astral Projection by turning in Trunt's Head to Deep, to no avail:

[Fri Jan 13 22:31:23 2012] You say, 'Hail, Deep'
[Fri Jan 13 22:31:23 2012] Deep ignores you.
[Fri Jan 13 22:31:38 2012] Deep slowly opens her eyes and looks up at you. She stares at you a long while and then closes her eyes and lowers her head again, saying, 'Very well, if you wish death so greatly, we will be happy to oblige. My master projects part of himself in the wilder lands known as the Overthere. He has granted you an audience. Find him and show him the head of our earth brother. At that point, we will discuss how we will end your life.'

kanras
01-15-2012, 06:06 PM
The incorrect spawn locations are intentional due to having huge issues on that platform when I was testing.

Fixed respawn timers, pending update.

kanras
01-15-2012, 06:11 PM
maximum, do you have any proof that turning in the head is supposed to spawn the OT Projection? Cross-zone spawns were and are pretty tricky, so I'm suspicious.

maximum
01-15-2012, 06:42 PM
No proof right now about the cross-zone trigger spawns. But, I doesn't a despawning OT Astral trigger the LOIO Astral? Same dude, in theory.

Xatava
01-15-2012, 08:01 PM
another bug: Killed Vorash but not Deep and Xenevorash spawned. Should have to kill both.

kanras
01-15-2012, 08:37 PM
But, I doesn't a despawning OT Astral trigger the LOIO Astral? Same dude, in theory.

Negative.

another bug: Killed Vorash but not Deep and Xenevorash spawned. Should have to kill both.

This is incorrect afaik.

Rais
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
Yea the proper order to spawn Xenevorash was just to kill Vorash. It was a surprise to people when they didn't kill deep first, it made the fight harder.

I was thinking you had changed the location loio due to stuff falling under the world or whatever like the Noble Brothers in sky. Was a hunch, you just confirmed it.

I went by these two guides to try and figure everything out.

http://eqthieves.com/class-monk-epic10.htm

http://www.castle-grounds.co.uk/eq/monkepicquest.htm

As for the cross zone triggers:

No Experience is received and Deep despawns immediately. You get the Head of Trunt handed back.

Note: Trunts Head does not have to be cycled through Deep, and this part can be skipped

Since it can be skipped I doubt it triggered it. As for the OT Projection

The Eye of Kaiaren is recieved when Trunts head is turned in (along with some experience), but it is only the final text (telling him that 'I am the one') that despawns the Projection. So it is possible to give in Trunts head, receive the eye and leave the AP without despawning him. How this affects the next person, I am unsure, so it may be wise to say the text, meaning the next person has a 'fresh' projection to turn the head into.

Besides the location (necessarily needed away from the platform in the water due to spawn issues) and the respawn time on the projections, I haven't found anything wrong with those two.

Xatava
01-15-2012, 11:22 PM
oh yeah, my mistake kek