PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Spells dropping when zoning

Caridry
01-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I checked to see if anyone else was having this issue, but as of today, my buffs have been dropping each time i zone, doesnt matter if i relog or not. not sure if others are having this issue.

Twoberries
01-11-2012, 04:59 PM
I have a similar problem, but I don't even have to zone. Usually it's the druid skin like buffs that drop randomly.

Caridry
01-11-2012, 11:34 PM
yep those to, my biggest issue is zoning though. its like a clean whipe of most buffs

Rasah
01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Are you low HP when you zone? I seem to recall that if you are getting whacked and your hitpoints fall below your normal amount and only your equipment is what is keeping you alive, then your buffs get wiped almost as if you died.

DoucLangur
01-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Are you low HP when you zone? I seem to recall that if you are getting whacked and your hitpoints fall below your normal amount and only your equipment is what is keeping you alive, then your buffs get wiped almost as if you died.

That is something that got introduced relatively late - I think way into Luclin... it was basically to allow people to zone without popping dead in the target zone: If you zoned at low health, but (possibly) heavily dotted, all spell effects were intentionally stripped from you (and I believe even your health was restored to about 30% but not sure on that) so that you wouldn't die while zoning due to synch issues between client and server...

That's what I recall - I know I was playing actively when this got changed, and I was high level, so it was somewhere around or after Luclin release (I did my later 50s after Luclin release) - it was not just buffs being stripped, it was all spell effects - detrimental included.

Twoberries
01-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I just buffed up and tabbed out to the forums here while medding. 3 minutes later SoW has dropped. Now it seems to me that this is occuring while I'm tabbed out.

Very strange indeed....

Rasah
01-13-2012, 01:52 PM
I just buffed up and tabbed out to the forums here while medding. 3 minutes later SoW has dropped. Now it seems to me that this is occuring while I'm tabbed out.

Very strange indeed....

What zone did this happen in?
I assume you are using Titanium?
Any chance you cast Scale of Wolf, not Spirit of Wolf?

Twoberries
01-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Using Titanium. Happened in Swamp of No Hope and Frontier Mountains. No chance at all of being Scale of Wolf.

Blither
01-17-2012, 06:07 PM
I can verify as a bard that I lose Selo's EVERY time I zone. This didn't happen on Live - I'd appear with Selo's still on me, but I had to start singing it again right away or I'd lose it within 2 ticks.
I don't believe that that was classic or anything. I'm pretty sure that I never immediately slowed down just from zoning back then.

Pomaikai
01-17-2012, 09:57 PM
<deleted>

Sunderfury
08-26-2019, 11:06 PM
Resolving due to age.