PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Bone Chip turn in, Trooper Mozo Field of Bone

maultar
01-10-2012, 10:45 AM
This is broken again as of last night. I have screen shots if needed. You hand in 4 chips you only get 1 faction hit not 4. The other 3 say I don't see 4 bone chips.

nilbog
01-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Working as intended.

You kill skeletons?!! I think not!! They will bounce you with no trouble at all. Ten silvers says you cannot collect four bone chips!! When Velious melts!! Hah!
-I don't see four bone chips.
-reward phrase

Mardur
01-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Kunark mob referencing Velious? Odd.

DoucLangur
01-12-2012, 06:16 AM
Kunark mob referencing Velious? Odd.

Not so - There's lots of references in Odus/Erud's Crossing to Luclin, also. Velious and Luclin are/were part of the world before those expansions came out.

DoucLangur
01-13-2012, 05:36 AM
close this btw? As it's working as intended?

nilbog
01-13-2012, 03:00 PM
Not so - There's lots of references in Odus/Erud's Crossing to Luclin, also. Velious and Luclin are/were part of the world before those expansions came out.

I noticed in erudnext there's a sign displayed advertising passage to Velious.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vwxy89.jpg

Was that always there or later added?

DoucLangur
01-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Was that always there or later added?
Fun catch :) I have nooo idea though - but I'd assume it was always there, since the zone was never revamped, and even during velious, no boats were leaving from Erudin...

maultar
01-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Working as intended.

-reward phrase

SO if you hand in 4 bone chips you only get 1 faction hit? not 4? those 3 where he says i do not see 4 should all be factions hits I'd think. Otherwise why would it say it 3 times?

maultar
01-18-2012, 06:03 PM
bump

nilbog
01-18-2012, 06:31 PM
SO if you hand in 4 bone chips you only get 1 faction hit? not 4? those 3 where he says i do not see 4 should all be factions hits I'd think. Otherwise why would it say it 3 times?

Classically, all(?) quests were multiquestable. Certain npcs have a phrase they use to indicate not all items have been turned in.

In Trooper Mozo's case, it is "I don't see four bone chips."

His quest yields one reward, but requires four items.

Npcs with a "you haven't turned in all items" phrase should repeat their phrase X-1 times upon a handin which completes a quest, with X = total amount of items needed.

So, if you handed him 3 bone chips, he should say, "I don't see four bone chips" three times. If you then handed him an additional bone chip, it completes his quest requirement, and you receive the reward message.

There should be a myriad of different quest texts and/or screenshots depicting this behavior. EQlive might still work the same way; I'm not sure.

Flunklesnarkin
01-18-2012, 06:40 PM
bone chip turn in for kaladim is the same way..

turn in 4 bone chips

get 3 not enough messages and one faction hit message.