PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Various Enchanter Epic Bugs

Splorf22
01-10-2012, 01:39 AM
1] The prequest seems to be totally unnecessary. All NPCs will accept the "bag for x" without Jeb's seal. Roran said he gave Jeb's seal to one of them and she ate it. Nadia and Polzin will give you sacks as well, Modani and Mizzle do not i believe.

2] Vessel Drozlin is a 2 hour spawn instead of a 2 day spawn. Pretty much every enchanter on the server has one by now so changing it won't screw that many people.

3] Verina Tomb is a 3 day spawn instead of a 2 day spawn (according to the wiki, I saw another source for 2-7 day random but i'm inclined to think that was a later patch).

Werlop
01-10-2012, 07:34 PM
This is Roran. I was able to get all of the gems and the bags without showing the seal. I did do the prequest and recieve the seal before completing any other turn-ins, but it seemed unneccessary. I was able to get the gems from Nadia without the seal. I gave the seal to Jeb before doing my final epic turn in, and he just ate it.
On Live, the seal was eventually made necessary by requiring that an enchanter hand it in each time he or she wanted an Enchanter's Bag. The classic version of the quest has the relevant NPC's handing out the bags in response to a text trigger. I have not found any source that shows the seal being necessary at any point in the classic version of the quest. I suspect that this part was just added as lore flavoring and can be skipped safely, just like 80% of the Shaman epic.

nilbog
01-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Willing to fix whatever is broken with this.

Any links/research available?

Fazlazen
01-14-2012, 02:51 PM
All the info below comes from this website : http://enchanter-epic.bjornstar.com/jeb.html

From Diku's guide, The Tangrin should be a 2 day spawn, is it 3 days at the moment ?

Verina and Vessel should both be random 2-7 days.

Wraith of Shissar seems to be a random 2-108 hours spawn. Diku also says that there are reports of Shissar despawning when CT spawns. Supposedly she will shout every 2 hours and respawn at her spawn point, does this mean that she should be roaming ? Also says that she shouldnt be up after a reset. The guide says to be careful when pulling her as the amy's might kill her...

Also, it seems like saying the simple phrase: "I need a sack" makes the different quest mobs give you the sack, making the prequest useless ?

nilbog
01-15-2012, 12:24 PM
From Diku's guide, The Tangrin should be a 2 day spawn, is it 3 days at the moment ?
He is already 2 days.

Verina and Vessel should both be random 2-7 days.
Fixed, pending update.

Wraith of Shissar seems to be a random 2-108 hours spawn. Diku also says that there are reports of Shissar despawning when CT spawns. Supposedly she will shout every 2 hours and respawn at her spawn point, does this mean that she should be roaming ? Also says that she shouldnt be up after a reset. The guide says to be careful when pulling her as the amy's might kill her...Need more research and feedback on the Wraith. There are probably huge differences in the way CT/fearplane function compared to original eqlive. The results may be similar, but the mechanics of respawning of CT respawning npcs, wraith being aggro to kos npcs, etc could be entirely different.

Also, it seems like saying the simple phrase: "I need a sack" makes the different quest mobs give you the sack, making the prequest useless ?Does this differ from classic? From what I read, this is the way it originally worked. I can be completely wrong though.

Werlop
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Need more research and feedback on the Wraith. There are probably huge differences in the way CT/fearplane function compared to original eqlive. The results may be similar, but the mechanics of respawning of CT respawning npcs, wraith being aggro to kos npcs, etc could be entirely different.
Does this differ from classic? From what I read, this is the way it originally worked. I can be completely wrong though.

The bags are functioning as per classic. This makes the pre-quest useless, but I haven't actually found a use for the seal in the original quest in my research so.... working as intended?

There are many reports on how the wraith of a shissar works. At some point it was triggered by Cazic Thule's death a la Ragefire. It seems to work fine now.

zahlia
03-18-2012, 06:47 AM
"Wraith of a Shissar" is "Wraith of a Shissir" on p99. Obviously this isn't important; it doesn't affect anything at all, but it's silly (and incorrect) so I thought I'd mention it. :)

Ele
03-18-2012, 10:45 AM
"Wraith of a Shissar" is "Wraith of a Shissir" on p99. Obviously this isn't important; it doesn't affect anything at all, but it's silly (and incorrect) so I thought I'd mention it. :)

Someone at SOE messed that one up. The misspelling is completely classic lol

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60972&highlight=shissir

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/i/d/id5152.png

Xadion
03-18-2012, 01:00 PM
re: wraith pathing. I do seem to remember it being part of clearing pulls near...well..gorgons..but I also remember it being in temple... I don't know that maybe there was 'two' one being a repop type that wonders and one that is some sort of static timer on the temple.

just random old 11yr old memories fuzzy as they are!

zahlia
03-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Someone at SOE messed that one up. The misspelling is completely classic lol

I had no idea. Too funny. :p