PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Blue diamonds should not be dropping yet

Nirgon
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Hopefully this is recognized, I had a friend link me a piece of BD jewelry.

I think the fair way to to make the current items that exists to be nonequippable for the time being until enabled. I'm not asking for anyone's shit to get deleted. I wish I had caught it earlier.

I'll take the hours necessary to prove per the dev response, but this should be an obvious fix. If not, let me know.

Nirgon
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
^ in b4 I bring up standing issues with resist changes which will absolutely be a disadvantage to wizards (like me) in every way!

Not afraid to play classic EQ bros.

Cast
01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah never got a BD in over 100 dino kills, maybe would have killed it more knowing BD was in but FUCKKKKKKKKKK IT ya'heard

Nirgon
01-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Thanks for sharing Coach.

Dev response? I'm sure I can dig up more infos on this but I thought it should be obvious. Let me know.

Mardur
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah I thought I read somewhere that blue diamonds were going to be removed. Guess I was mistaken.

Make the current blue diamond items None/None and maybe add a temporary npc where you can trade BD gear in for regular diamonds or something.

Nirgon
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
I agree with Teeth McStink above me.

Nirgon
01-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Blue diamonds are still being farmed and fashioned into jewelry. Any updates dev side?

Hear_My_Sermon
01-12-2012, 10:05 PM
bump for Nigs er Nirgs

kanras
01-12-2012, 11:14 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Hear_My_Sermon
01-12-2012, 11:31 PM
all blue diamonds will be removed right? including the gear?

I mean I'm all for them getting a diamond to replace it or something, but it would not be fair to remove BD and leave the prior gear/gems in

nilbog
01-13-2012, 03:56 PM
all blue diamonds will be removed right? including the gear?

I mean I'm all for them getting a diamond to replace it or something, but it would not be fair to remove BD and leave the prior gear/gems in

Yes. The easiest thing to do would be to change existing gear into diamonds or something similar.

Doing other things atm, if someone could list all the names of blue diamond gear to be removed, that would help.

Nirgon
01-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Blue Diamond (given)
Platinum Blue Diamond Tiara
Golden Blue Diamond Pendant
Blue Diamond Electrum Earring
Silver Blue Diamond Ring

Darwoth
01-13-2012, 08:08 PM
if your going to remove/replace blue diamonds with diamonds then the jewelry should be traded out for other pieces of jewelry instead of just a diamond to take into account failures, particularly with the lower tradeskill cap.

tsaC
01-13-2012, 09:51 PM
if your going to remove/replace blue diamonds with diamonds then the jewelry should be traded out for other pieces of jewelry instead of just a diamond to take into account failures, particularly with the lower tradeskill cap.

yeah except the tradeskilling trivials are different

replace with diamonds, do NOT factor in player made jewelery already - they shouldn't have exploited and not reported BD's already being in

Nirgon
01-13-2012, 10:33 PM
Honestly, maybe they didn't know. Maybe some did and some didn't.

minakto
01-14-2012, 01:24 AM
They shouldnt be given diamonds. If they have a bd or a bd piece they should be given a grace period to get a hold of a person who can switch it out and /ran 3. 1=bs, 2=jac, 3=diamond

tsaC
01-14-2012, 02:04 AM
They shouldnt be given diamonds. If they have a bd or a bd piece they should be given a grace period to get a hold of a person who can switch it out and /ran 3. 1=bs, 2=jac, 3=diamond

good point, diamonds worth more than bds

Aesop
01-27-2012, 10:02 PM
interesting solution, wonder how time consuming that would be? any GM's got stats on who has what so far?

Silikten
01-27-2012, 10:20 PM
bump, BDs still in game :X

bizzum
01-28-2012, 06:11 AM
bump, BDs still in game :X

Fixed pending update means wait for a patch, the issue's been addressed.

Nirgon
02-20-2012, 02:14 AM
easiest thing to do

Can we get SOME of this stuff patched in?

Ele
03-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Yes. The easiest thing to do would be to change existing gear into diamonds or something similar.

Doing other things atm, if someone could list all the names of blue diamond gear to be removed, that would help.

No one answered you Nilbog. :(

Silver Blue Diamond Ring

BDs should still be in game in at least Kunark era, but used in race specific armor (not jewelcrafting) or as vendor loot per this thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78515

Perhaps as a solution: remove BD gear, replace with BD gem via database magic. Or create an NPC in ECTunnel allowing voluntary turn ins of BD gear in exchange for a BD gem and appropriate metal bar (silver, electrum, gold, or platinum). Then after a month delete any remaining BD gear still in game.

Frieza_Prexus
03-18-2013, 06:27 PM

Silver Blue Diamond Ring

BDs should still be in game in at least Kunark era, but used in race specific armor (not jewelcrafting) or as vendor loot per this thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78515

Perhaps as a solution: remove BD gear, replace with BD gem via database magic. Or create an NPC in ECTunnel allowing voluntary turn ins of BD gear in exchange for a BD gem and appropriate metal bar (silver, electrum, gold, or platinum). Then after a month delete any remaining BD gear still in game.

Or just turn all BD gear inactive until Velious hits. I'd be a little upset to have to recombine all of TMO's BD hats knowing that I'd fail on at least a few of them.

Ele
03-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Or just turn all BD gear inactive until Velious hits. I'd be a little upset to have to recombine all of TMO's BD hats knowing that I'd fail on at least a few of them.

This could be a possibility as well. Since the enchanted v. non-enchanted version should be different ids, code the enchanted version to zero out the status until the proper timeline event occurs.

Metallikus
03-19-2013, 03:34 PM
this was moved to resolved, yet I don't see any clarification of anything being resolved or decided or anything. A dev said fixed pending patch like a year ago. We still have blue diamonds dropping and there is a ton of blue diamond gear in use. Propose this thread be moved back to disussion.

odiecat99
03-30-2013, 01:39 PM
this was moved to resolved, yet I don't see any clarification of anything being resolved or decided or anything. A dev said fixed pending patch like a year ago. We still have blue diamonds dropping and there is a ton of blue diamond gear in use. Propose this thread be moved back to disussion.

nilbog
03-30-2013, 02:06 PM

Blue diamonds should be dropping. The initial problem was that players created jewelry with them and we didn't have a reliable-enough way to handle it at the time.

Now, I can do something about it. At least in a way that disables their usefulness but doesn't waste people's platinum. Can I get a date of exactly when these should be craftable? I saw in another thread someone mentioned January 2001, but no links.

odiecat99
03-30-2013, 02:15 PM
ill keep an eye out. really could use original patch notes from live back then.

Kevynne
03-30-2013, 09:15 PM

Silver Blue Diamond Ring

read again you derp. nirgon answered him immediately

Ele
04-02-2013, 12:49 PM
read again you derp. nirgon answered him immediately

Hard to pick out posts when people's sigs cause you to ignore their posts. :D

Thank you for your contribution to this bug report.

Ele
04-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Blue diamonds should be dropping. The initial problem was that players created jewelry with them and we didn't have a reliable-enough way to handle it at the time.

Now, I can do something about it. At least in a way that disables their usefulness but doesn't waste people's platinum. Can I get a date of exactly when these should be craftable? I saw in another thread someone mentioned January 2001, but no links.

January 17, 2001: via Caster's Realm Patch update.
http://web.archive.org/web/20010119181100/http://eq.castersrealm.com/

Wednesday January 17, 2001
BLUE DIAMOND JEWELLERY EMERGES!

Thanks to Brazzlethorpe Fertneyrump of Solusek Ro we have the statistics for the new Blue Diamond jewellery that was implemented with today's patch. Interestingly every metal creates an item for different slots, with some very impressive results.

Silver Blue Diamond Ring
Velium Blue Diamond Bracelet
Updated Jewelcraft Chart
Submitted by Baelish, 8:53 PM

Nirgon
04-03-2013, 11:08 AM
:(