PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Quillmane

sever
11-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Does he exist on p1999? Here's how I think I ruled it out:

- Quillmane's ph's are common mobs in the zone and are always as follows based on an incredible amount of time spent by many: an escaped splitpaw gnoll, lion, lioness, various aviaks, a couple centaur types, a treant, a cyclops (not undead), and lastly and also specifically 'an elephant' (not adult/bull/calf).
- The PH trigger eventually paths right through splitpaw at some point on it's journey

Now, at this point I had been killing anything as per the above near splitpaw. Eventually I spawned Sentry Alechin or whatever. Not long after I had Qwinn spawn. Just for good measure, I had been killing off the undead cyclops and werewolves in the area, but they didn't follow the Quillmane PH-runs-through-splitpaw requirement.

Eventually I had it narrowed down to Qwinn/Alechen/2 elephant calves as the only mobs pathing through splitpaw. Well, that rules out Quillmane's script right there.

I haven't heard of anyone actually seeing white wings yet, but this would be the place to speak up. I'm assuming this script isn't in, or it's acting funny.

Wenai
11-05-2009, 06:59 AM
I tested it in the beta and got Quillmane to spawn like 3 times in a 40minute span. So I know the spawn is working unless something was changed since I tested her, which is a possibility.

The question I have is: Did they change her spawn conditions in Kunark to accommodate the Magician Epic? or was she always really easy to spawn?

Jify
11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I tested it in the beta and got Quillmane to spawn like 3 times in a 40minute span. So I know the spawn is working unless something was changed since I tested her, which is a possibility.

The question I have is: Did they change her spawn conditions in Kunark to accommodate the Magician Epic? or was she always really easy to spawn?

I think it went:

If you know how to spawn Quillmane, it's easy.
If you don't know how, it's extremely difficult.

I still haven't figured it out, despite what I've been told and what I've seen. I could never make Quillmane spawn on demand, :(

Tirooph
11-05-2009, 10:38 AM
I read everywhere, and tried everything. Been in SK for 8 levels.
The fact is, no one have ever seen Quillmane yet.
Not sure what to do heh.

Fisz33
11-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I wouldn't make so much of this, but I am sure quillmane is part of kunark, as the peggy cloak is part of the mages epic quest that she drops.

Xzerion
11-05-2009, 01:51 PM
not a bug, its in the game

Falisaty
11-05-2009, 10:26 PM
LOL i know How to spawn her and im not telling :p

sever
11-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Having spent the last 2 days trying to force white wings out of hiding and seeing a ton of escaped gnolls/cyclops/the odd lion, I'm convinced you have it setup differently than live. Quill's not all that rare of a spawn (10%), and I've been killing the cycle's PHs for 7h stretches; It's like Bilge v2.0.

Xzerion
11-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Pyzjn, Quillmane, and Blige all have custom scripts that are in fact different than live. They are different because we dont have the live script. I realize that a dev supposedly posted the Pyzjn script once upon a time but as an experienced GBS camper the stats didnt add up for how it really was so we made our own. We may revisit and tweek them but they are as they are right now.

Galahad
11-06-2009, 09:15 AM
There were VERY few mobs on live that actually had a script to spawn. Quillmane, Pyzjn and Bilge certainly did not have scripts (outside of time-of-day conditions), they were simply rare spawns. The amount of misinformation and conjecture in regards to the crazy conditions in which mobs spawned was pretty staggering back in the day, even considering the natural tendency to think something is rarer than it really is. Raster for example, widely considered one of the rarest spawns in the game had many wild theories and ended up being just a flat 5% chance to spawn. One in twenty - that's it!

As for the developer information regarding how Pyzjn was spawned I highly doubt that it was incorrect, but even given the chance that the developer was wrong I'd have to say that they're the best source of information we have.

Insidious
11-06-2009, 02:20 PM
On that note, maybe we should remove the Pyzjn script and just have her with a small spawn % chance like live. Obviously the current script (assuming it's working) is absurdly difficult and unreasonable.

Just my opinion though...

Morfnblorsh
11-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Wait until someone cracks Pyzjn and then blabs all the details indiscriminately turning her into just another stupid loot camp, then we can decide if it's unreasonable.

I know the perfect way to determine if it's unreasonable once it's cracked too:

Compare her spawn to Stormfeather's!

*shudder* I hate saying that name. God damn snow-chicken.

Reiker
11-06-2009, 04:00 PM
a) Back in classic I was super casual and saw the GBS as a way to make some mega money at a low level. I camped her a lot on a mid 20s enchanter, and when I read that dev post a year ago or so, I remember thinking that it sounded perfectly right.

b) The way to get Quillmane to spawn was simple, but required a tracker OR a lot of fire power. Quillmane and her PHs were the only mobs in SK that had an extremely short respawn timer (around 18 seconds?) so say you were to kill everything in SK, Quillmane or her PH would be the only thing respawned for a few minutes. Once you found the spawn that was on the super short respawn, you found Quillmane, and you could effectively farm her.

sever
11-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Actually she's setup to be a 78 second respawn just like a few other named cycles like Grizzle. Most wandering trash are 36 seconds, while aviaks are 2-3 minutes. So, when you do find a 78 second repop and track it, you're on a named cycle.

However, that's clearly not the case as that's what I've been doing. I've since tried breaking Angelox's script here (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21138). I figured that since only 2 calves and a lioness path through paw besides a werewolf and Brother Qwinn, I may have something. Several hours later and no Quillmane spawns, I've given up.

Maybe I'll try spawning her again when someone actually sees her on this server.