PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Venril Sathir Drops

bizzum
01-08-2012, 02:29 AM
There was this post (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EuAE2_P5xu8J:www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php%3Fp%3D321808+venril+sathir+drops+pa ge+2&cd=1&hl=ja&ct=clnk&gl=jp) a long while back in the Kunark bug section that kind of fell by the waistside about VS drops, and just wanted to bring it back to get some discussion rolling again.

Last post from that one was by Shiftin here:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/se...ml?id=4588&p=7
Quote:
Tunare server gathered and destroyed Venril Sathir, lose of life was 3 or 4. Loot Warrior and Rogue greaves.
http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2000-12-06
Quote:
Venril Sathir dropped Singing Steel Greaves. Both Blurr and Jangos were awarded Singing Steel Greaves today
There are two more correct timeframe examples of a double leg drops.

I read the log above, and at one point nilbog asks
Quote:
[13:55] &nilbog: then thats on a separate drop by itself, or he can rarely drop legs table x2?
The answer seems to be yes, but I can keep looking for more examples if necessary.

I just wanted to add in a plethora of loot history from Harmonium's site using wayback machine, which is the only site I could find out of most of most guilds with a history that far back that listed everything in such detail.

Basically just looking at the dates of the posts and the frequency of leg drops, they seem to be more common than what we see, and also there are multiple instances of double greaves, as well as two staves and one greaves off a single boss.

http://web.archive.org/web/200102020929/http://www.harmonium.net/

Also used a few older ones to get some further back quotes

Venrils n stuff... Wednesday, March 7, 2001 by Baven

Two days, Two Venril's... 1 cobalt legs for Kiluur, 1 Jaundiced Bone legs for Gotalis.

Scuse me? Friday, March 2, 2001 by Baven

Did Venril Sathir have the gusto to spawn? Ah well, was a nice early morning. Thanks for the legs Venril, cya next week!

This is getting boring.... Tuesday, February 27, 2001 by Baven

Venril splat = 15 seconds. Where is the challenge! However he at least was kind enough to put out something we could use. Blood Ember Legs and Singing Steel Legs.

Wunderbar Servers.... Wednesday, February 21, 2001 by Baven

Well, killed a nice Venril again today with the 20 people who managed to get outta bed when servers came up and got a decent score of two Mryoklar legs for Dreconis and Maxis, bastards only took me 41 to get mine :)

Another hat trick.... Thursday, February 1, 2001 by Baven

Started out with a nice easy Venril slaying which yielded uber deepwater legs and some more worthless staves one leg and two staves? (grats bank04)

Random Crap...time off Thursday, January 25, 2001 by Cylus

People are taking it easy...VS was killed, grats on Donal's legs (being decided upon now) and DW legs (Gelf).

Random Stuff... Thursday, January 11, 2001 by Cylus

VS dead, 2 gae staff and gnarled staff to Wizo (I believe)

VS + crap Wednesday, January 3, 2001 by Cylus

VS died, finally dropped legs for twink-master Nenja full suit and some paladin legs (Kard for full suit?).

Lizards run in fear... Wednesday, December 27, 2000 by Baven

Venril Sathir for the 39th time (Cleric legs)

Dead leezards.... Thursday, December 21, 2000 by Cylus

VS dropped some legs for Synd

Random musings... Sunday, December 10, 2000 by Cylus

Venril put out two druid legs (Gasto and ?), Donal's (Nugz), and necro staff.
Im guessing two seperate kills, one with two legs, one with legs/staff

Trak/VS Thursday, November 30, 2000 by Cylus

VS dropped 2 gems, mage staff, and druid legs

Venril, PoF Stuff, and patch day. Wednesday, November 29, 2000 by Cylus

Venril down, 2 ass staves and 2 stones.

First Night on Xev Wednesday, November 22, 2000 by Sekira

Venril coughed up Cobalt Greaves, a wizard staff, and two ranger/druid FA gems

It seems like its almost a weekly update, and more often sometimes, so Im guessing that was about 90% of the VS spawns on Xev for those 4 months, and there are plenty of double legs and not many double staves. Sorry there aren't any other guilds with such detailed drops for every spawn, Im willing to look around but nothing from other guilds that I thought might have a lot of updates.

maximum
01-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Bump the other post with your evidence.

bizzum
01-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Bump the other post with your evidence.

The very first link is the second page of the original post, which is the part that has the actual factual evidence, the rest was just recollections. Hopefully these four months of loot history from a single server on almost every kill is enough to up the drop rate of the pants, and it seems pretty apparent they dropped more frequently.

bizzum
01-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Bump. Can we look into this please? Thanks!

thrump
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm not guilded on this server so have nothing to gain in that regard, but we frequently got two sets of legs off VS on classic. It was very irritating to get a 2hb. Innoruuk server.

bizzum
01-09-2012, 11:34 PM
I'm not guilded on this server so have nothing to gain in that regard, but we frequently got two sets of legs off VS on classic. It was very irritating to get a 2hb. Innoruuk server.

I wish I could get a few other top end guilds records that kept such good track of their loot as Harmonium, but I think even from just what I have its pretty fair to say that legs should be dropping more than staves, and double legs is not an uncommon appearance at all.

It would be pretty cool to see the current drop rates if Kanras or somebody is willing to show them, and perhaps try to tune them a bit to better reflect the four-ish months of information we have of drop rates on a live server during the current era (I think the records are from end Kunark through the first few months of velious, as Xev opened right before Velious).

Would like to hear what the devs think of the possible changes!

bizzum
01-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Bump

Harkor
01-10-2012, 09:54 PM
13 staffs out of 47 loots ...since last april...27.6% drop rate on staffs

Quizy
01-11-2012, 09:18 PM
He used to drop 2 sets of legs on rallos zek about one in every 3 kills as my recollection seems to be... however i have no solid evidence to back it up.. i just remember me and another rogue both got them the same day we were both halflings and it was both our first major piece other than regular drops so we look exactly the same lol.

bizzum
01-11-2012, 09:24 PM
13 staffs out of 47 loots ...since last april...27.6% drop rate on staffs

Thanks for the input, but I still think it would be cool to have the total drops, as well as how they schemed the loot table, because what seemed to be the consensus from the IRC chat that was posted in the original thread, they were going to have the loot table set to where two legs was very rare, where in this case it seems that two legs is less rare.

Since it was an old thread it might have been changed and not noted, but when somebody has time if you could note on the current situation it would be great!

bizzum
01-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Bump

nilbog
01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Since there is an interest in VS loots, this is a great time for community input.

Loottables:
-A loottable is comprised of a lootdropid, multiplier, and %chance
-A lootdrop is comprised of item, and %chance.

There are additional fields in these tables, but for our purposes, they are useless.

Example: all the armor drops on a single lootdrop, and the rest of the staves, quest staves, and gem on another lootdrop.

(note: this is NOT how it is currently set in the database)

lootdropid: 1000, multiplier: 1, chance: 100%
Cobalt Greaves 10%
Blood Ember Greaves 10%
Jaundiced Bone Greaves 10%
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves 10%
Deepwater Greaves 10%
Mrylokar's Greaves 10%
Singing Steel Greaves 10%
Donal's Leggings of Mourning 10%
Elder Spiritist's Greaves 10%
Ancient Shissar Gauntlet 10%

In the above example, there is a multiplier of 1, and a %chance of 100. So, 100% of the time, one of those items will drop. If the multiplier was 2, it would roll twice.

There are 10 items included in the lootdrop. Each has its own %chance for dropping. Equal chances would be.. 10% for each.

The following could be a second lootdrop on the same loottable.

lootdropid: 1001, multiplier: 3, chance: 60%
Waters of Impenetrable Aura 30%
Diamond Encrusted Staff 10%
Nightshade Scented Staff 10%
Shissar Nullifier Staff 10%
Shissar Guardian Staff 10%
Lycanthropic Staff 10%
Gnarled Staff 10%
Pulsing Green Stone 10%

So, lootdrop 1001 could roll 3 times, or zero times, depending if 60% was met or not.

I hope this provides a general understanding of how loot functions. Since we will never know exactly how VS's loot should work, I am willing to hear how you guys think it should work based on your own findings.

Input/pseudo-lootdrops/%s welcomed.

YendorLootmonkey
01-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Since there is an interest in VS loots, this is a great time for community input.

lootdropid: 1000, multiplier: 10, chance: 100%
Tolan's Darkwood Greaves 100%

lootdropid: 1001, multiplier: 10, chance: 100%
Pulsing Green Stone 100%

^^ This setup looks good to me! :D

bizzum
01-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the response Nilbog, once I get back from work tonight Ill definitely be looking it over again and giving a bit of input!

Trystych
01-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Legs/Junk first, weighted slightly in advantage of leg drops over staff drops.

Lootdropid: 1000, multiplier: 2, chance 100%
Cobalt Greaves 7%
Blood Ember Greaves 7%
Jaundiced Bone Greaves 7%
Tolans Darkwood Greaves 7%
Deepwater Greaves 7%
Mrylokar's Greaves 7%
Singing Steel Greaves 7%
Donal's Leggings of Mourning 7%
Elder Spiritist's Greaves 7%
Ancient Shissar Gauntlet 7%
Waters Of Impenetrable Aura 5%
Diamond Encrusted Staff 5%
Nightshade Scented Staff 5%
Shissar Nullifier Staff 5%
Shissar Guardian Staff 5%
Lycanthropic Staff 5%

================================

Magelo pegs Gnarled Staff drop as 33% of the time, guessing this format would satisfy that and make it similar to scale drops from dragons.

Lootdropid: 1001, Multiplier: 1, Chance 33%
Gnarled Staff 100%

=================================

Ranger/Druid item operating under assumption that it should be a 40% drop from magelo and that 0, 1, or 2 can be seen on the corpse regardless of other loots similar to scale drops from dragons. I don't recall ever seeing more than 2 drop at a time on live.

Lootdropid: 1002, Multiplier: 1, Chance 40%
Pulsing Green Stone 100%

Lootdropid: 1003, Multiplier: 1, Chance 40%
Pulsing Green Stone 100%

So if the stars align it would be possible to see 2 of legs/junk staff, 1 gnarled staff, and 2 pulsing green stones on the same Venril Sathir while at a minimum you would see 2 loots including legs or junk staff but zero epic quest items.

bizzum
01-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Legs/Junk first, weighted slightly in advantage of leg drops over staff drops.

Cobalt Greaves 7%
Blood Ember Greaves 7%
Jaundiced Bone Greaves 7%
Tolans Darkwood Greaves 7%
Deepwater Greaves 7%
Mrylokar's Greaves 7%
Singing Steel Greaves 7%
Donal's Leggings of Mourning 7%
Elder Spiritist's Greaves 7%
Ancient Shissar Gauntlet 7%
Waters Of Impenetrable Aura 5%
Diamond Encrusted Staff 5%
Nightshade Scented Staff 5%
Shissar Nullifier Staff 5%
Shissar Guardian Staff 5%
Lycanthropic Staff 5%

Magelo pegs Gnarled Staff drop as 33% of the time, guessing this format would satisfy that and make it similar to scale drops from dragons.

Gnarled Staff 100%

Ranger/Druid item operating under assumption that it should be a 40% drop from magelo and that 0, 1, or 2 can be seen on the corpse regardless of other loots similar to scale drops from dragons. I don't recall ever seeing more than 2 drop at a time on live.

Lootdropid: 1002, Multiplier: 1, Chance 40%
Pulsing Green Stone 100%

Lootdropid: 1003, Multiplier: 1, Chance 40%
Pulsing Green Stone 100%

So if the stars align it would be possible to see 2 of legs/junk staff, 1 gnarled staff, and 2 pulsing green stones on the same Venril Sathir while at a minimum you would see 2 loots including legs or junk staff but zero epic quest items.

Well I worked all this out at work as well and couldn't post it until now, but its almost the exact same as Trystych's. I used the Harmonium posts I had as data before hand as a base and using the numbers from there (not the largest sample data but the best we have) calculated the relative probability of what the drops may be based off it.

Basically what it looked like was in each slot, there was a 67% (rounded) chance to have greaves and a 33% chance to have staves. This was just assuming that there were only two loot slots (aside from the Gnarled Staff and Epic Pieces). The easiest was I found was the same; just have one iteration with the same probability with a 2 multiplier and 100% chance to drop.

My numbers come out slightly more in favor for Greaves, but the reflect the data collected anyways. The one thing that I changed was that I did not weight the Shissar Gauntlets the same as the greaves--I just imagined that they were more rare, but if somebody wants to correct me on that! I just took 1% off of the total chance for greaves and staves respectively and put it towards the gauntlets for a total of 2%.

Cobalt Greaves 7.3%
Blood Ember Greaves 7.3%
Jaundiced Bone Greaves 7.3%
Tolans Darkwood Greaves 7.3%
Deepwater Greaves 7.3%
Mrylokar's Greaves 7.3%
Singing Steel Greaves 7.3%
Donal's Leggings of Mourning 7.3%
Elder Spiritist's Greaves 7.3%
Waters Of Impenetrable Aura 5.3%
Diamond Encrusted Staff 5.3%
Nightshade Scented Staff 5.3%
Shissar Nullifier Staff 5.3%
Shissar Guardian Staff 5.3%
Lycanthropic Staff 5.3%
Ancient Shissar Gauntlet 2.0%

Thanks for looking up the drop rate that was listed for the staff, I would put this also as the second one.

Gnarled Staff 100%

I also thought there were up to 3 for epic pieces, so I just combined the two above and gave it a 3 multiplier, same % to drop.

Lootdropid: 1002, Multiplier: 3, Chance 40%
Pulsing Green Stone 100%

So basically with this setup it ends up being almost the same as Trystch's in terms of what the possibilities are for a loot table (minimum of two loots maximum, maximum of 6 since I included 3 epic stones), but I just weighted the item drop rates to align with the data that I posted since I thought it would be relevant to use it.

Either way we change the loot to ensure more greaves like everybody remembers, and it goes off what info we have. I think the epic pieces and staff are good on separate loot tables because in the quotes I provided they do list two epic stones in addition to two regular loots, and also there is one with 3 staves dropping (thats the way I interpreted it).

I was bored enough to calculate the chance of getting 2 greaves, one staff and one greaves, and also two staffs from that setup and it actually turned out pretty similar to the data above if you calculate it the same way: 44% for two greaves, 43% chance for one of each, and 11% for two staves.

Thanks to others for putting in input for this as well, let me know what you think or if something could use changes.

Raavak
01-17-2012, 01:55 PM
I have no evidence, but that does seems more how I recall the drops being.

bizzum
01-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Bump

nilbog
01-21-2012, 03:51 PM
VS loots modified, pending update.

Did some minor changes to bring drops in line with replies. It was already set up similar to the suggestions though, so don't expect drastic differences.

bizzum
01-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Thanks Nilbog! Nobody will have a reason to complain if its set that way though, so its appreciated!

DoucLangur
01-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Wunderbar Servers.... Wednesday, February 21, 2001 by Baven

Well, killed a nice Venril again today with the 20 people who managed to get outta bed when servers came up and got a decent score of two Mryoklar legs for Dreconis and Maxis, bastards only took me 41 to get mine

Dreconis, bard? Is this our Dreconis? :p Ask him, maybe?