PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Dark Elf Corruptor

Daldaen
01-07-2012, 04:14 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20010309064614/http://eqdruids.com/quests.htm

- Athele in East Karanas can be found near the river just north of the barbarian fisher village. Give her the Coin and receive a worn amulet. Give this amulet
to Sionae (spawns -2300, -930), then to Nuien (spawns -3650, -300) and finaly to Teloa (spawns -3800, -2860). The last step is the trigger for the Dark Elf Corruptor and two Darkelf Reavers (I think all about lvl 48 to 50) to spawn on top of the hill east of the river(loc -1500, -1000). Don't start this part until you are ready to kill the DE Corruptor because all the druids except Athele are triggerd spawns. So don't start giving around the amulet and stop at the last stage. You need luck to meet the full druid gathering after another druid or ranger did that part successfully.

- Find the Corruptor and kill him fast on the hill north of the river. He will depop after 10 seconds if not attacked. The 2 Reavers will head to the 4 Druids and kill them. You dont needto kill the Reavers. Just kill the corruptor and loot the tome. The best way is to have one or two friends on the hill that can start fearkiting him. If the Druids die, never mind....Athele spawns again in about 1 hour. Give Athele the tome and get an earthstained Note. Bring
this to "she who walks the land in service blabla..."

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6443

my self, 59 druid, and a 60 druid in my guild duo'd them today

buff up with everything ya got(regen, POTG, soe, KEI, RM/P/D(necro/SKmobs)

stand a little east of their spawn spot, and each one of us snared a reaver...then i snared the Corruptor...we kitted the them around till they were all dead, then i looted and turned in the book

easy as pie

i could have done it solo prob

Soloed with my 59 druid...just ran up to spawn point the 3 spawn but reavers were far away from corrupted...of course they all started to cast their gimp pets..which i didnt let happen.

Rooted corrupter first, he HTed me then for 500..no biggie.

Snared then blasted away with stuns,winds,and wildfire, re rooting when needed...he pretty much tryed to cast weak stuff on me the whole time cause he was rooted..heh

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-13210.html

02-14-2001, 03:29 AM
Corrupter is lvl 50

Geldin
55th Preserver
The Rathe
Seekers of lore
These imply that the Corruptor/Reavers should not summon. Currently the Corruptor is summoning, dunno about Reaver. Their level range should be mid-high 40s. Not 51+

But this used to be doable solo by binding yourself at the tree, turning in, gating and immediately aggroing the corruptor and burning him out. Due to them summoning this isn't possible.

Fountree
01-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Corruptor absolutely destroyed 2 60 druids today, summoned me and hit me with some very high level dots. Wildfire and Engorging Roots regularly resisted. Seems a little beefed up to me...plus he shouldn't summon. Now to redo Faelin + Giz again :(

Keltai
01-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Solo'd the corrupter, ignored his adds. Summons like every 30sec, which didn't matter much since you need to kill him very quick or he depops. According to everything I've read about the encounter, it's working as intended. Didn't encounter any probs w/ resists.

Daldaen
01-07-2012, 09:05 PM
It shouldn't summon is the point. Not that it is 'inconsequential'.

The encounter works like this:

Corruptor + 2 Reavers spawn.
If Reavers can kill enough druids (I think all 4), Corruptor despawns (regardless of aggro).
If Corruptor isn't aggroed in 10s from spawning, he despawns.

He shouldn't summon every 5, 30 or even 1000 seconds.

Xanthias
01-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Reaver in kith summons... Epic Mobs Summon...

Daldaen
01-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Learn2Read.

Dark Elf Reaver =/= Teir'Dal Reaver
and
Kithicor Forest =/= East Karana

Daldaen
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
[Sun Jan 08 17:33:37 2012] Dark Elf Corruptor says 'You will not evade me Daldaen!'

This isn't correct :/.

Xanthias
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Daldaen what I am saying is, the reaver in kith is same level and summons...

kanras
01-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Pending update:
- Fixed level, stats.
- Removed summon ability.