PDA

View Full Version : GM Events

Vonyor
10-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I realize that you guys are very busy so I don't expect anything but I just wanted to share an idea.

One of the most common GM events back in the day (at least on my server) was the drunken newbie races in Kelethin. It seems easy enough to arrange, you tell players below level 10 to go to Kelethin or make a character near there, then you hand out the alcohol and watch everyone plummit to their death. For rewards you can hand out bags, food, bone chips, malachites, and other items that newbies need.

I actually started thinking about it with Halloween coming up, but I realize making a holiday event would be a bit harder.

Zithax
10-19-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm pretty engrained in most EQ lore, I'd love to volunteer as a gm helper for any and all gm events, just let me know!

scumbag
10-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Lol, that sounds like fun. http://ww88.org/scumbag-sig.jpg?project1999

ojamajoe
10-19-2009, 09:21 PM
It's too bad a Battle of Bloody Kithicor couldn't have been scripted, although it would be a lot of work. Hopefully, as the devs move away from fixes (one can hope, yes?), they will be able to run events similar to those that occurred on Live to launch zone revamps, story arcs, and expansions.

I know that when I was a guide, the events were very scripted and prepared in advance. Still, there is a lot of room in the long-run for small-scale stuff to shake things up. Giant mobs, gods, and swarms of baddies attacking newbie areas are always fun!

maximum
10-20-2009, 01:34 PM
Just watching GM-approved duels in WFP was a fun GM Event.

The Halloween (red sky) was super awesome, too.

Vonyor
10-26-2009, 01:07 PM
I completely missed out on the GM event in Blackburrow, what was it about? Did they replace the gnolls with undead or something?

Tiesto
10-26-2009, 01:11 PM
Sounds cool, I still think the most fun event was the BoTB tournament heh.