PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - April 18th, 2010

nilbog
04-18-2010, 04:58 AM
April 17th, 2010

Lany: Node Pathing now implemented for Oggok, West Freeport, Grobb, and Crushbone!
Lany: Polished up existing pathing in Lower Guk, Unrest, and Permafrost.
Lany: huge water elemental will now path properly.
nilbog: Ran Flamespinner will now triple attack.
nilbog: Highkeep guards will drop fine steel short swords 100% of the time. Captain Bosec will drop a rusty long sword.
nilbog: Highkeep guard faction hits corrected. You will now receive negative hits with Highpass Guards, Merchants of Highpass, and Highhold Citizens
nilbog: Highpass guard/citizen faction hits corrected. You will now receive negative hits with Highpass guards, MerchantsofHighpass, Carson McCabe, CorruptQeynosGuards, and FreeportMilitia.
nilbog: Highpass citizens will protect you the same way guards do.
nilbog: Lowered the skill level required to picklock the first befallen door.
nilbog: koalindl fish that are inhabited by Rodcet Nife will be slightly more rare, and depop faster.
nilbog: mangy rats in qeynos and qeynos hills will have different loots. all mangy rats will now proc plagueratdisease
nilbog: Grahan Rothkar quest tweaks.
nilbog: Hartok should no longer spawn on the roof in Grobb.
nilbog: Cabalists will no longer spawn in the raider room of Highkeep.
nilbog: Moved Ocean of Tears translocator arrival to the end of the docks.
nilbog: North Freeport piranha will no longer visit the Temple of Marr.
nilbog: Fixed Harvester quest.
nilbog: Intestine Necklace will now drop from Bashers and the Carver.
nilbog: Murtog MacYee will now sell Dufrenite.
nilbog: Certain barbarians in Everfrost will no longer give Vox or ShamenofWar faction hits.
nilbog: Obretl will now drop charred bone chips every time and also have a pet.
nilbog: Qeynos rogue guild vendors and Raz the rat misk will now be on CircleOfUnseenHands faction.
nilbog: innothule frogloks will now use the "tunicless" model. troll slayer combat text fixed.
nilbog: Fixed Ortallius quest text.
nilbog: Mare and Dizra will now table dance for 2gp.
nilbog: Ambassador Rylan faction fixed.
nilbog: Lodge of the Dead renovated. Applied factions to the GMs and ghouls, fixed aesthetics.
nilbog: Lokar To`Biath loot/faction fixed.
nilbog: Maestro will no longer enrage.
nilbog: Fixed Hamed Grarr area of Kerra Ridge.
nilbog: Fixed Kerran_Sha`rr spawn and loot.
nilbog: Added silk to kerran spiders.
nilbog: Corrected weapon drops from guards in North Freeport.
nilbog: Sir Ackmin, Merko Quetalis, and a minnow will now be on KnightsofTruth faction
nilbog: Baking will now return pie tins, muffin tins, and cake rounds on failure or success.
nilbog: Mithaniel Marr worshippers will now start at dubious with FreeportMilitia.
nilbog: Illusion: Halfling will now only be sold in Erudin.
nilbog: Abbey of Deep Musing now has cleric vendors. Gnomes rejoice.
nilbog: Fellweni the Kraven will now sell necromancer spells.
nilbog: Merchant Tyslin will now sell lapis lazuli.
nilbog: Corrected Hanlore Escaval's wares.
nilbog: Cerila Windrider will now sell Resist Fire.
nilbog: Fixed Qeynos Catacomb's cleric spell vendors.
nilbog: Bottle and glass shards may be found on all appropriate npcs classic..through velious.
nilbog: Fixed fish fillets and pickled gator combines. other "pickled" combines should now work.
nilbog: Fixed combines for "beer braised" meats
nilbog: Zepin Winsle will now be a female.
nilbog: Applied Pyzjn's hail text.
nilbog: Fixed Varsoon and Varsoon the Undying's faction.
nilbog: Ghoul Messenger will now be kos to everyone.
nilbog: Fixed Banded Orc Vests quest.
nilbog: Fixed Pandos Flintside, Shintl Lowbrew, Buzzlin Bornahm, Grendin Maze and Hyrill Pon's face.
nilbog: With the correct trigger, Pandos Flintside will now leave Lady Shae unprotected and go for muffins.
nilbog: Created Lady Shae's unique dialogue about different "houses." She will leave her room every 15 minutes with much better pathing.
nilbog: Sanfyrd Featherhead will now be known by his original name, Sanfyrd Montop.
nilbog: Skipynn_Stoneheart will now be known by his original name, Skipynn Stoneshear.
nilbog: Added Gearheart's unique aggro message.
nilbog: The Darkpaw family in Qeynos will now all shout in white text.
nilbog: Zeffan Holdsman will now properly spawn in North Kaladim.
nilbog: When killing lizards in CazicThule, AllizeVolew faction will now increase instead of decrease
nilbog: Shintl Lowbrew will now drop her sealed letter. She will also now have a chance of dropping the Hog Key on the ground, or taking it with her. It will no longer be a permanent ground spawn. She will leave her room every 15 minutes.
nilbog: Nektulos guards will now kos Stormreapers. Polished up halfling factions in Nektulos.
nilbog: Orc pawns in greater faydark and crushbone can now drop small armor, rusty weapons, and will drop orc hatchets instead of picks.
nilbog: Hansl Bigroon will now properly drop his list on the ground for the quest "The Bridge". It was broken and locking up the client.
nilbog: Grendin Maze will now share his spawn with Buzzlin Bornahm.
nilbog: Fixed forsaken revenant aggro message
nilbog: Fabricated the "pvp area" of west freeport. Consequently, you can use this to remove your pvp character flag.
Wenai: Fixed the spawn issues with Harkin Dustfoot and Beur Tenlah.
Wenai: Enraged Goblin Beads will now drop 100% of the time.
Wenai: Wrote the quest for the Sap Sheen Staff (improvised dialogue).
Wenai: Human Necromancers starting in Qeynos will not get their appropriate starting robe.
Wenai: Obretl will now spawn less often in South Ro.

Yilza Moosik
04-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Some excellent fixes! Nice work.

I love this one: "Lany: Polished up existing pathing in Lower Guk, Unrest, and Permafrost."

Lguk pathing was way buggy. Hope this one fixes it.

girth
04-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Can we get a clarification on:
Haynar: Adjusted Bash/Slam stun duration.
please

Pyrocat
04-18-2010, 05:30 AM
Wow, some long standing issues fixed in there. Good patch :)

mreynert
04-18-2010, 05:32 AM
April 17th, 2010

Haynar: Bard Pulse adjusted so it will not retrigger sounds for songs such as Hymn of Restoration.
Haynar: Several Bard song fixes, to prevent multiple "Song Ends" messages, when a song is stopped.

Thank you...I love you...

girth
04-18-2010, 05:56 AM
what happened to the haynar changes?

Tudana
04-18-2010, 08:17 AM
When do the patch updates patch to my files?

I never see a DL of info when i log in. or a "file patcher bar filling up"

Deathrydar
04-18-2010, 09:11 AM
nilbog: North Freeport piranha will no longer visit the Temple of Marr.

Nilbog, remember that I was the first one killed by this renegade piranha about 3 minutes after the server launched! ;)

Thanks for finally stopping his mad reign of fury. He would attack my cleric everytime I went into the templre to purchase spells/train!

Hope you are doing well!!

Malrubius
04-18-2010, 10:49 AM
I stand in awe. Thank you yet again.

dojo420
04-18-2010, 10:53 AM
did something change with backstab? as a 31 rogue i had 120 max before patch and 46 dmg after patch max.

edit: same buffs, mobs, weapons

Zordana
04-18-2010, 01:11 PM
nilbog: Mare and Dizra will now table dance for 2gp.

sounds good, after a hard raid day .. <3

Zakaton
04-18-2010, 03:17 PM
When do the patch updates patch to my files?

I never see a DL of info when i log in. or a "file patcher bar filling up"

There's never any client side patch to download, all patching is done on the server.

Haynar
04-18-2010, 04:50 PM
what happened to the haynar changes?
Usually that is a sign I broke more stuff than I fixed, and changes were reverted. Once it all gets straightened out, it will be repatched.

Haynar

Rogean
04-18-2010, 06:29 PM
Nah I didn't do a code patch, just content.. some of those changes were repeats from the server up patch, and the rest didn't make it in.

Oh and yea, I forgot about the backstab shit... I'll fix that tonight.

laeolan
04-19-2010, 08:08 AM
Was the tradeskill recipe search removed in this patch? I do not see anything in the notes about it, but it appears to be gone.

Brut
04-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Was the tradeskill recipe search removed in this patch? I do not see anything in the notes about it, but it appears to be gone.
Try pressing CTRL down as you open the container.

Lill-Leif
04-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Wenai: Human Necromancers starting in Qeynos will not get their appropriate starting robe.

not? now? not now? :)

Omnimorph
04-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Guard ackmin still hates me, I don't like having to be vigilant when moving about NFP :p

laeolan
04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Try pressing CTRL down as you open the container.

I know about Ctrl+R Click and have no trouble getting the expanded tradeskill window to pop up. I was crafting right before downtime using the recipe list, then right after it was gone.

Are you saying the search function works for you? That is why I posted. I am unsure if there is a problem on my end, or if this is a part of the patch.

Somewhat
04-19-2010, 10:30 AM
I know about Ctrl+R Click and have no trouble getting the expanded tradeskill window to pop up. I was crafting right before downtime using the recipe list, then right after it was gone.

Are you saying the search function works for you? That is why I posted. I am unsure if there is a problem on my end, or if this is a part of the patch.

I believe its part of the patch, extreme kudos for consistency devs, but at the same time I hate you!

-Somewhat

laeolan
04-19-2010, 10:38 AM
There are some recipes that only combine through the recipe list, most notably research combines. Unless I am wrong, this change (bug?) removes any future copies of a few spell scrolls, at least until these recipes are fixed. Maybe some other researchers can help come up with a list of 'does not combine' spells?

Kyrby3
04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
Since the patch my bind wound button keeps coming up before i'm finished binding wounds and if I press it before it says completed bandaging I get the error "You can't use that command right now" for any commands and I have to relog every time in order to fix it. Seems to be happening with Mend as well.

Hmm, fixed itself after restarting comp/reopening EQ

guineapig
04-20-2010, 02:25 PM
There are some recipes that only combine through the recipe list, most notably research combines. Unless I am wrong, this change (bug?) removes any future copies of a few spell scrolls, at least until these recipes are fixed. Maybe some other researchers can help come up with a list of 'does not combine' spells?

I've mentioned this a bunch of times in many different threads, most recently in the bug report about certain crafted items not being combine-able since the patch. I also mentioned that this effectively makes these spells non-existent to any that don't already have a copy but nobody seemed to even flinch about that.

I'll try to look up the names of the spells again that can only be combined with the recipe list again although it's only going to include enchanter spells.

Caldwin
04-20-2010, 04:28 PM
April 17th, 2010

Lany: Node Pathing now implemented for Oggok, West Freeport, Grobb, and Crushbone!

I was wondering about the pathing in Crushbone. I was in Crushbone for the first time on this server on Saturday and noticed the pathing wasn't as I remembered. When soloing, I like to hunt in the open area near the canal. I sometimes would target a mob across the canal and blast it with a spell. On the live server the mob would go to the bridge and cross it before getting to me, therefore allowing me to blast it one or two more times before reaching me. But, on Saturday, I discovered the mobs would cross straight across the water. This also made a relatively safe spot no longer safe from trains from the slave area.

On Sunday (after the patch), it was more like I remembered.

Thanks for fixing this. :D

Flicka
06-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Recipe for "Unfired Cake Round (http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=4435)" isn't working.

1 block of clay
1 glass shard
1 Cake round sketch
1 bottle water (bought, not foraged)

Tried in pottery wheel and kiln both - cannot combine. Anyone have a spare to sell? I've got cakes to make!