PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Turning in the COMPLETED REPORT end of 6/10 - Shaman Epic

blizzil
01-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Handed my completed report (6 combined pages from CoM) to the Sentinel Spirit (location +1250, +300).

I was supposed to see --

Spirit Sentinel says 'Ahhh good, let us hope what you have found will point us in the right direction. Hmmm...this is interesting. It appears the disappearance of the first queen may have caused Rak'Ashiir's faith to decline. From there, the first King Rak laid down the groundwork for the city's eventual demise. We need to learn what happened to the queen. Perhaps bringing this knowledge to the King's now cursed form will lift the mantle. We've learned that the last lord of Torsis, Ghiosk, was a bit of a historian. Find him and see what you can learn about the queen. Take what you find to my brother here In the jungle beneath the murky waters of a pond.
Your faction standing with True Spirit got better.
You gain experience!

--

Chebby was also going through hails during this -- I waited till he was done. I have done every part of the quest from the start and have the Black Fur Boots rewards (previous step of the quest) - I've been told faction for truespirit has been adjusted over the last day?

The Spirit said this upon turn in --

Spirit Sentinel says, "This is a say day. You have failed and strayed from the path set before you. Please try to live as close to the spirits as you are able, though this is the closest you will ever get."

--

I have followed every step perfectly until this -- can I get some help please? something is very wrong ...

Uthgaard
01-05-2012, 04:57 AM
I've been told faction for truespirit has been adjusted over the last day?

Where did you hear this?

bizzum
01-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Are you sure you did every single turn in for faction? I did this with no problems, and have the spear to prove it.

Gem in NFP
Gem in Eurd's
Gem in WK
Shield and Wep x2 in WK
Gem in EJ
Black Dires Pelt in EJ

Those are all the things you definitely have to have done before you can turn in the book. I had farmed the pages prior to Black Dire and turned them in the completed book instantly after turning in the pelt and had no problems. You may want to double check just to make sure you did them all.

Harkor
01-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Where did you hear this?

Simple, the 1st turn-in stopped giving shit for faction between 3/3/12-3/4/12....20 turn-ins on 3/3/12 to go from apprehensively to warmly.........32 turn-ins on 3/3/12 ...still warmly. Faction grinding for the shaman epic was a classic mechanic.....revert it back...thanks

Uthgaard
01-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I can't make any sense of what you just attempted to communicate.

Harkor
01-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Faction from the Bondl turn-in was changed between Monday and Tuesday.

Faction gained for 20 turn-ins Monday- apprehensively to warmly

Faction gained for 32 turn-ins Tuesday- still warmly

The faction jump from apprehensively to warmly is far greater than warmly to ally....thus faction from the turn-in was nerfed.

I have a few theories on why this got changed, but in classic you could repeat the initial turn in roughly 40 times and skip to the iksar child piece.

Uthgaard
01-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Ally doesn't exist until velious.

Harkor
01-05-2012, 01:45 PM
So you will never get a "your truespirit faction cannot get any better message" until velious? Or warmly will give that message?

Uthgaard
01-05-2012, 01:52 PM
You'll get that message at warmly.