PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Pawduster-Karnors Monk Epic

Rais
01-03-2012, 06:17 PM
I know he can be a rare spawn ranging from "not Raster rare" to "Pain in the ass rare". We haven't had a single spawn since patch,and we've pretty much been killing all but 1 hour since then. Plenty of Warlords/Bodyguards, just no Pawbuster. Just want to make sure I guess you can say.

Any information would be appreciated.

*Pawbuster! Lack of sleep sucks.

DoucLangur
01-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I would be highly surprised if you ever saw a drolvarg pawduster spawn...

Rais
01-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Random just really sucks. Just poped yay.

Was just hoping it wasn't another SBC drop:D

maximum
01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I would be highly surprised if you ever saw a drolvarg pawduster spawn...

Pawbuster. Busting > Dusting. "Busting makes me feel good (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_%28song%29)."

And being a Monk is all about patience, inner peace, pacifism...

Szeth
01-04-2012, 12:35 PM
And training people to stay on top.

Happyfeet
01-04-2012, 01:40 PM
And training people to stay on top.

lol

HorrorFK
01-11-2012, 02:52 AM
I've currently collected that 5 Pawbusters have spawned since this thread. Little extreme imo.

JayDee
01-11-2012, 04:33 AM
this camp is consistently camped because the drop is so rare (much moreso than live). it's a bottlenecking everyones epic pls fix

Szeth
01-11-2012, 06:32 AM
Sit back and enjoy the ride. That is NOT the current bottleneck of the epic camp. Yes it's possible you spend more than 30 hours there, no from my experience it is not likely.

Have fun in Nurga!

Xatava
01-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Have fun in Nurga!

I'd rather time a 30 hour spawn (which is a bug anyways, so it's not really relevant) than spend over 30 hours actively killing a ph every 27 minutes for something that generally showed up every few hours on live when warlord was being camped.

Of course any evidence about the rarity of pawbuster is anecdotal, so I doubt we'll see it changed. For every person posting that they saw 2 in an hour, there's some other person claiming they've been there for 100 hours straight and never seen it pop once.

Bruman
01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Most of the comments on Allla seem to be in the 1-4 hour range for seeing him. Yes, there are some reports of taking longer, but that was again the average. It'd probably take more than a week's worth of data to see if the average here (when it's being camped and cleared out) is in line, but I doubt it'll ever change.

I do remember on live not having to worry about either pipe. I put myself in the zone and got to loot them pretty easily. Raster was the main problem, and someone MQ'd it for me. Again, just anecdotal.

Szeth
01-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Got Raster (again) this morning in about 3 hours. WTB Pipe MQ's. Then only 1 more raster camp to go!

Quizy
01-11-2012, 03:45 PM
i got pawbuster yesterday after putting in about 20 total hours in 2 days

Versus
01-12-2012, 08:25 AM
This is bad. 5pm Saturday until 7:30pm Sunday yielded no spawn whatsoever. I'll dig up some info this weekend, I hope.

Asher
01-12-2012, 09:02 AM
I did this epic twice on live. Once around the year 2000 and again around 2006 or so.

Pawbuster was a long camp both times. I would guess 6 to 12 hours average IMO. He is definitely not a common mob.

Asher

Szeth
01-12-2012, 09:20 AM
It really is RnG though, after Supremacy was there for 27 hours (I was there for 13 of it) we got 2 within 2 hours.

Rusl
01-12-2012, 09:30 AM
It could be worse. You could wait 7 days for 1 mob you hope you kill and your drop isn't 100%

Quizy
01-12-2012, 11:13 AM
3 in a row spawned last night fyi

Szeth
01-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Who's holdin that MQ to sell me?

Rais
01-12-2012, 01:25 PM
This is bug section not wtb thread.

This can be moved to resolved.

Szeth
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
C'mon now Bisch let's not get hateful.

Ungriim
01-12-2012, 04:17 PM
Mine took a 12 hour session and then a 27 hour session to get a pop.

Szeth
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
LRN2READ THE THREAD I ALREADY TOLD THEM

Versus
01-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Seems to be mixed information on Pawbuster, but for the most part, it seems he was a much easier spawn than he is here on P99. From what I've been reading, the majority of comments on Allah in early 2000's state he shows up every few hours, but there are a couple that claim to be unlucky and havn't seen him in 30 hours (although they don't say consecutive.)

Link here: http://web.archive.org/web/20080405125557/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6402

The page is from 2008, but the comments I am referencing go back to 2001.

this guy spawn in the WL room. but only if u kill his placeholders and thats are the bodyguards in the room of the WL. i spend there with a grp and he poped 2 times in about 5 hours and droped da pipe. but u have to kill the bodyguards or u will never see this easy dog. but take care that u have always clear this room. i was often in WL room now and i can say that spawn time is totally random on Zeb server. last time we moved to WL room he popped after we cleared room was arround 15mins but can take few hours or so. hope that helps abit :)

we were in KC the other day and about 10 people were LFG so we made a hand/wl grp and took control of hand/ warlords pretty well... pawbuster spawned after we killed bodyguard for 3 hours

In about 4 hours, Pawbuster was up twice. Once the other group left the spawn, my group moved from the well to the hand room (pulling bodyguard room)

I camped Hand/Warlord/Jail and after a few hours of camping it i see Pawbuster guy on track, hes real easy but hard when you constantly get adds...

Got the pipe this evening after about 3 hours in the Drovlarg Warlord room (he definitely pops theres)

One time i saw pawbuster and hangnail spawn twice in 1/2 hour. I dont know what was up wiht it but it made 2 monks in my group very very happy

I dunno, i was in a hands group today and we were pulling jail, spawned like 3 times in 2 hr. got a few monks there pipe

Also a couple of these:

HE NEVER POP'S HAVE BEEN THERE FOR WEEKS AND HE HAS NEVER SPAWNED THE FOLKER IS HIS SPAWN BROKEN?

i have be spending all my time from level 45 to level 52 and i can NEVER get this guy to pop, hopeing i get the bitch to pop soon....the WL room is almost Always poped and almost always has a monk in the group or "Helping" or just sitting waiting for the pipe to drop...i have probably spent over 30hours trying

Versus
01-14-2012, 09:49 AM
bump, he hasn't been seen for over 28 hours now here on P99.

EverquestJunkie
01-14-2012, 10:05 AM
bump, he hasn't been seen for over 22 hours now here on P99.

Maybe its Karma son lol

Can confirm its working just as it should

Please dont give in too these whining kids and make him spawn like you did seb king...

Versus
01-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Maybe its Karma son lol

Can confirm its working just as it should

Please dont give in too these whining kids and make him spawn like you did seb king...

Congrats on getting yours and wanting to cockblock everyone else. Regardless of your opinion, there's numerous sources that date back that show that the spawn rate was much more frequent on live than it is here. :p

Bruman
01-14-2012, 11:11 AM
The problem is that there's comments in both directions. Unfortunately the devs decided to go with the "rare" comments, and that being what we get on average, instead of actually trying to meet the average of the varied reports.

Not much we can really do, as you can't prove the spawn rate on live. Maybe they'll rethink their opinions after seeing many reports of a few hours on these two guys.

baub
01-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Despite having seen him spawn 3 times over the course of 2 hours I agree this is clearly too rare, can't we just give monks free epics like the rogues and shaman get?

Szeth
01-14-2012, 11:27 AM
I vote to make it consistently more rare. That way everyone has to put in 20+ hours or so. It's much more rewarding that way.

Versus
01-14-2012, 11:29 AM
The problem is that there's comments in both directions. Unfortunately the devs decided to go with the "rare" comments, and that being what we get on average, instead of actually trying to meet the average of the varied reports.

Not much we can really do, as you can't prove the spawn rate on live. Maybe they'll rethink their opinions after seeing many reports of a few hours on these two guys.

True, like I said, there are comments that point in both directions. The issue however is the abundance of comments that point in the "more common" direction.

Baub, I heard about that as well, the issue isn't a RNG anomoly of 3 in 2 hours, which the quotes I provided state is completely possible, it's the fact that that is the overwhelming exception, not the rule. I've heard many more stories of 20+ hour grinds than 4 hour grinds.

------

Someone get this dude who posted below me back into grammar school. \/

EverquestJunkie
01-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Despite having seen him spawn 3 times over the course of 2 hours I agree this is clearly too rare, can't we just give monks free epics like the rogues and shaman get?

lol i know right these tmo cry babies come cry here when they acually gotta camp something other then there usually (Train your PB and taking it)

This bug report should just be locked this spawn is working 100% dont cave to these cry babies that want shit handed to them.

Treats
01-14-2012, 11:43 AM
lol i know right these tmo cry babies come cry here when they acually gotta camp something other then there usually (Train your PB and taking it)

This bug report should just be locked this spawn is working 100% dont cave to these cry babies that want shit handed to them.

And you should probably be banned from the Bug section for posting absolutely nothing productive whatsoever.

EverquestJunkie
01-14-2012, 12:36 PM
And you should probably be banned from the Bug section for posting absolutely nothing productive whatsoever.

I have confirmed its working 100%
You on the other hand.

Treats
01-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Just a side note here also, he is missing his emote when he is aggroed --

[Sun Oct 06 17:14:16 2002] a drolvarg pawbuster says 'Once with tail now with claw!!
I am the greatest brawler of all!!'

http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/anakashar/logs/Pawbuster.txt

nilbog
01-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Just a side note here also, he is missing his emote when he is aggroed --
http://www.angelfire.com/realm2/anakashar/logs/Pawbuster.txt

Fixed, pending update.

As far as the spawn.. it looks rare, but spawns in multiple locations. Need more feedback before I would modify it.

Versus
01-15-2012, 12:11 PM
From the accounts on allah and monkly-business, it sounds like he mostly (if not only) spawned in the 3rd spot. Regardless, even if he can spawn in any spot, he is far more rare than any account I've read on either site, as you can see by the quotes. Too frustrated to dig up more quotes, they all say the same thing as the quotes posted above man.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080405125557/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6402

Overwhelming amount of quotes regarding the frequency of his spawn rate as well as location of spawn. Give it another gander.

I'm not asking for a 25% bump in his spawn chances Nilbog, I'm talking like...a little bit more. A 10 hour session should yield a fuckin' pipe is all.

Schortt
01-15-2012, 12:14 PM
I got him after camping him 30 hours straight (friday noon - saturday 6pm). He had gone at least 36 hours without spawning (took over camp from a guy who had been there for 6 hours before me without spawn). How much longer than 36 hours I don't know, but that seems a bit too rare.

He did spawn a few hours after I got him though so I guess I just got boned by the RNG.

I don't think it's broken and I do understand how the RNG works, but I will say that a gentle bump in spawn chance seems appropriate given my 76 hours total at the camp over a number of 5hour+ sessions and having only seen him spawn the one time. It's only anecdotal evidence but it's all I have to work with.

Xatava
01-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Should not spawn anywhere but 3rd from the door going clockwise

EverquestJunkie
01-15-2012, 03:32 PM

Can confirm this is the spot he popped for me.

Rais
01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Spawned there for me also. I got the first one on server and it took 27 hrs. Seems like he spawns in small spurts after long periods of time.

I would almost say he is too rare by a bit.

Versus
01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
working on hour 18 since last spawn

Cheech
01-16-2012, 02:31 AM
I think its just random rare spawn and alot of luck is involved. 2 paw's spawned right in a row and i was only there for a hour in a half.

Silentone
01-16-2012, 03:57 PM
im at pawbuster right now, been here with combined guild effort for close to 40 hours now w/o leaving a ph up for more then a min. thats about 320 ph's not 1 pawbuster. can anyone take a look at the spawn rate? this wasnt ever this rare on live.

Szeth
01-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Leave the camp silentone... I will come down and within 3 hours get a pawduster.

Half the people who have camped this say "this is too rare - 30 hours or more with no pop," then there's the people (like I myself experienced first hand) that say, "I saw two spawn back to back, within 2 hours of eachother."

Bruman
01-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Leave the camp silentone... I will come down and within 3 hours get a pawduster.

Well that's nice and all, but how does that help us get pawbuster to spawn?

Silentone
01-16-2012, 07:20 PM
45 HOURS NOW crash the server or something i dont care...reset it...boot me...make me quit. im in a tango with death and no sleep.

Silentone
01-16-2012, 11:51 PM
so with the combind effort of my guild we manged to keep pawbuster camped from 5am pst on saturday to 7pm pst on monday night. where pawbuster spawned. I just wanted to sum up what it took for us to get him. 27min a spawn if he is only supposed to spawn from one of the 2nd bodyguard from the door then thats 2 spawns per hour about, if it can spawn from any of the BG ph's then its about 8 spawns per hour. we had about 62 hours logged non stop if my math is correct. thats a lot of PH's .... i never remember paw being such a bottle neck on live. Is something off on this ? or did i just get extremely unlucky?

PS: from the 3 monks that I did ask they all confirmed it spawnd off the same PH, which was the 2nd on the left as you walk in the door.

arsenalpow
01-17-2012, 08:18 AM
This camp is stupid. It shouldn't be a 50 hour camp, then 3 pipes back to back to back.

http://i.imgur.com/gJhgF.jpg

DetectiveAwesome
01-17-2012, 08:27 AM
After much research I have deduced that random numbers are indeed random

Tulvinous
01-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Seems retarded IMO at how random this is taking for people to get the pipe drop.

Meanwhile in Chardok...

6 hours at betrayer last night... and no pipe...

Bruman
01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
so with the combind effort of my guild we manged to keep pawbuster camped from 5am pst on saturday to 7pm pst on monday night. where pawbuster spawned. I just wanted to sum up what it took for us to get him. 27min a spawn if he is only supposed to spawn from one of the 2nd bodyguard from the door then thats 2 spawns per hour about, if it can spawn from any of the BG ph's then its about 8 spawns per hour. we had about 62 hours logged non stop if my math is correct. thats a lot of PH's .... i never remember paw being such a bottle neck on live. Is something off on this ? or did i just get extremely unlucky?

PS: from the 3 monks that I did ask they all confirmed it spawnd off the same PH, which was the 2nd on the left as you walk in the door.

As arsenalpow was showing, BDA took over after silentone got his.

Nine hours later, we got a pipe in the 2nd from the left spawn. Then 4 mintues later, in the same spawn cycle, he popped again in the 1st from the left spawn.

Next cycle, he spawned again in the second from the left spawn. So, after nine hours, 3 spawns in two cycles.

Szeth
01-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Basically confirming what I've been saying. It sucks that your camp was super long - but look on the brightside, you slayed the evil RnG long enough that some other monks didn't have to, and got theirs super fast.

Tulvinous
01-18-2012, 10:20 PM
I watch this video on loop for inspiration to do monk epic...

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7RgN9ijwE4

Versus
01-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Camped for over 55 straight hours before a pop. Then 3 in an hour. Seriously, what the fuck. Every time I dig for more info, I come back to the same quotes from early 2000's on Zam which I already posted. How much more do we need there nilbog/kanras mang?

Versus
01-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Bump.

Jjlent
01-21-2012, 11:14 PM
i doubt they are going to change this, it doesn't spawn for a while but then spawns a bunch. this thread has been up long enough that if it was going to get changed, a dev would have commented by now

Xatava
01-22-2012, 12:13 AM
They could at least fix it so it only spawns in the appropriate spot, the third spawn from the door going clockwise, and quadruple the chance of it popping there. Would make the spawn a little bit less streaky even if they aren't comfortable increasing the spawn rate.

Tulvinous
01-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Agreed.

He's not supposed to spawn in any of the 1-4 spots, but ONLY 1 spot.

nilbog
08-15-2014, 06:03 PM

Fixed, pending update.

pawbuster will only spawn at the location in back left, 3rd from the door. Increased his spawn chance.