PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: ENC pets and shadowstep

Aesop
01-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Fighting a wizard, he shadowsteps with my pet on him - pet comes running back to me even though I can clearly see his ass just a little ways down the hill. This might be stupid since I never did play an enchanter on live but does SS clear pet aggro?

Brinkman
01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
It shouldnt clear agro. Once pet has been sicked on anything, it should chase it forever unless you tell it to stop. Inter zone gates dont even clear agro.

Sounds like a bug to me.

Crazycloud
01-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Back in the days if you were far away from pets/npcs they would run back to its master or guards (Really far). But i agree with the pet coming back to its master when clearly you can see the dude and hes not all that far away.

And gating half way across the zone did lose agro (On Live).

xblade724
01-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I can confirm that this happens -- pet stops chasing WAY, WAY too early. Happens on my necro

compulsion
01-15-2012, 05:19 PM
It isn't a bug and it didn't clear agro, the range on a pet chasing a target is just slightly under the range of most spells. Walk slightly into casting range on your necro, send pet, and it will just sit there even though you can cast. If you inch slightly closer the pet will do as it is told. If you had run slightly closer to the wizard I am sure your pet would have resumed the chase.

It was the exact same on live and you could kill inattentive players without the pets even moving if you were on the edge of casting range.

Aesop
01-15-2012, 06:44 PM
even enchanter pets? i was under the impression that once those are sicked they continue on mindlessly until either it dies, or the target.

snaz
01-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah, this seems to have happened. I think the range was too far but it shouldn't happen how it is currently.