PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Ripened Heart Fruit

Fountree
01-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Have not foraged a Ripened Heart Fruit for Druid Epic in Gfay after 8 hours here of constant foraging. Have gotten a stack of morning dew and several stacks of fruit, berries and cinnamon sticks (as well as fishing grubs). Faelin should be a rare spawn per allakhazam comments, but I don't see any mention of the rarity of this Ripened Heartfruit on Allakhazam..in fact i see many comments validating its relative ease in being foraged. I have 200 forage skill and people have mentioned on Alla that they have foraged the fruit with as little as 20 skill. Please look into this issue thank you!

Rusl
01-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I foraged one, try asking other druids/rangers about this stuff first before you start posting bugs. Just because you don't get it in 8 hours doesn't make it a bug, the RNG is just hateful sometimes.

YendorLootmonkey
01-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Yeah, I got one last night.

Fountree
01-03-2012, 06:25 PM
I did ask other druids Rusl, I don't care if other people got them or if you got them, theres a problem with rarity. Especially considering my foraging skill is maxed. That's the issue...

Rusl
01-03-2012, 06:47 PM
So then if rarity is the issue provide some evidence that it shouldn't be so rare instead of just QQin about how you spent 8 hours foraging and didn't get it then. From what I remember on live some people got them in 1 try while for others it took hours, personally it took me 2 days foraging to get all 4 pieces back on live so I'm gonna go with this is working as intended.

Sajan
01-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Took me about 8 hours total also. Other people zoned in and foraged it within 5-10 minutes. Keep clicking!

Fountree
01-03-2012, 06:58 PM
This isn't a QQ...
heres the link to Allakhazam:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=4100

Check the comments...is there any indication of this items foraging rarity? Actually a lot of evidence to the contrary...most people saying how easy it was to forage with very little skill.

Rusl
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
"There is no specific skill level that you must be at to obtain this item. Sometimes it's just luck of the draw, my friend. Case in point: my girlfriend just recently started a wood elf druid and at level 6, she has picked up a few of them; then yourself at level 42 hasn't gotten a one. All I can say is that persistance will persevere."

Taken right from that link, again some people it takes 2 seconds some people it takes 2 days it's all luck, sorry you aren't having any atm. Also LOL at me being a douche, I'm a ranger myself would love it if these things were a 1 click and I automatically get them but sadly that ain't classic, a shitty RNG is tho :)

Uthgaard
01-03-2012, 07:05 PM
There isn't any special rarity to foraging. You have a list of so many things you can forage, you get one of them when you succeed. You got very unlucky, other people got very lucky.

Just because you had bad luck with something, doesn't mean it's bugged.

Happyfeet
01-04-2012, 01:48 PM
There isn't any special rarity to foraging. You have a list of so many things you can forage, you get one of them when you succeed. You got very unlucky, other people got very lucky.

Just because you had bad luck with something, doesn't mean it's bugged.

Are you saying each item on the zone's list is equal in rarity? I hate to disagree with the uthman, but I am if that is the case.
Try and forage an emerald orange in EJ. I was once tracking sever for about 6 hours with this newbie master brewer in the zone, he asked me for help and we both managed to forage 4 total (2 each). No way that out of 150+ forages 2 emerald oranges is equal.

Uthgaard
01-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Emerald oranges have the same chance of being foraged up as a pod of water, or any other single foraged item. If you stopped to count up how many pods of water you get in any 6 hour interval, you'd find the same chance. All foraged items that exist in the table exist at a 100% chance or a 0% chance.

Zapatos
01-04-2012, 04:43 PM
There isn't any special rarity to foraging. You have a list of so many things you can forage, you get one of them when you succeed.

Just curious on the mechanics of this. Does that basically mean you have an equal chance to loot any 1 item on the forage table?

For example, sitting in innothule swamp, I've already managed to forage a a full stack of Fishing Grubs, Berries, Fruit, Rabbit Meat, Vegetables, Pod of Water, and half a stack of Roots and Speckled Toadstool before I started dropping things on the ground. If I could get about 20 and more of every other forage-able item, shouldn't I also be seeing more quest pieces? (I had the exact same experience in Gfay, btw)

edit: ok so you did just say things should be spawning equally. that still doesn't account for situations of, say, 8 druids/rangers sitting together in a circle spamming forage and only getting a quest piece every other hour or so, between all of them..

Uthgaard
01-05-2012, 03:33 AM
In this case you were right, and that's what was happening. When it was re-enabled, the rarity wasn't set to 100%. Setting the value below 100% compounded the rarity and made it excessively rare. The rarity is inherently correct with everything at 100% (and all other forages are) based on the selection principles I explained in an earlier post.

[15:54] <Uthgaard> http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59593&page=2
[15:54] <Uthgaard> when you enabled these on the forage table, whoever did this, you did set the chance to 100% right?
[17:09] * Amelinda is now known as Faillinda
[17:11] * Faillinda is now known as Amelinda
[18:40] <kanras> Nope
[19:22] <Uthgaard> That's what's wrong then. If you set it to 5% for example, that doesn't mean it will be foraged 5% of the time. all forages need to be 100%.

Happyfeet
01-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Thanks for looking into that. That's what's causing people to sit in noob zones for 8+ hours then, hehe.

Daldaen
01-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Am I correct in assuming this issue is/will be fixed next patch?

kanras
01-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Increased forage rate, pending update.

Happyfeet
01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Increased forage rate, pending update.

YTMND