PDA

View Full Version : Character wont load into zone

Erasong
04-17-2010, 06:47 PM
So About 3 months ago I attempted to zone into rivervale and which point the game froze up never going to the load screen and eventually gave me a "server not responding. You have been disconnected" message. All other characters worked fine and having a friend log the character in and move it out worked.
Recently this started happening with Rathe Mountains and rivervale now appears to work fine. Any ideas on whats causing this and how to fix it would be wonderful becuase the "dont go into those zones" solution doesnt really work well for me. :(

Erasong
04-22-2010, 10:44 PM
im bumping this becuase ive seen 2-3 others with close to the same issue. Webwolf comes to mind.

Webwolf
04-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah I'm stuck in sol temple with the exact same issue right now.

Webwolf
04-25-2010, 01:39 AM
After talking to Rogean today he found out that this problem is caused by Verizon FIOS blocking port 7070. What happens is when the server reboots each zone is assigned to a port, and that is why this will happen with random zones. Right now 7070 is assigned to Qeynos Hills so if you are on FIOS and zone into qeynos hills you will get stuck untill a server reboot or untill a GM moves you out.

Zanti
04-27-2010, 03:45 AM
This has been happening to me as well. I'm glad that there is an explanation now, I use FIOS also.

taamas
04-27-2010, 10:06 AM
I have the stupid zone freezing issue as well. Of course, I'm on Verizon FIOS. Geez, I'm glad I finally found an answer!!! It's really frustrating trying to join a group 5 zones away, or do a CR when you freeze while zoning occasionally and can't get back in.

Is there any workaround for this?

Aarone
04-27-2010, 10:08 AM
I have the stupid zone freezing issue as well. Of course, I'm on Verizon FIOS.... Is there any workaround for this?

DSL ;)

Erasong
04-28-2010, 12:26 PM
bump. can we get rogean or on of the devs to remove port 7070 from the list of usable ports?

Erasong
04-30-2010, 08:04 AM
My last bump on this topic. Id like to see how many others have the same issue so maybe we can get rogean to see if he can change anything.

Rogean
04-30-2010, 08:43 AM
I can't remove a single port from the range unless I change the entire range, which I might do anyways, but I have to be careful when doing so, so we don't run into another range with ports that may be blocked by any providers.

evangelist
04-30-2010, 10:17 PM
im stuck in qeynos hills now :mad:

someone just pmed me a few days ago and awared me on the issue

and yes i'm on fios

is there nothing we can do from home to fix the problem?? or do we have to wait for the devs to figure something out??