PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: shaman epic

Wulfeign
01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
It appear that when you turn the gem to Bondl Felligan that he doesn't walk away to get to the Jade tiger's den

Uthgaard
01-02-2012, 05:29 PM
That's because you need to follow through with the dialogue to trigger it. Until you tell him what he needs to hear, you haven't passed his test. You just gave a drunk a shiny gem.

bizzum
01-02-2012, 05:42 PM
The spirit in the Jade Tiger gives you the gem before the final dialogue of "I will walk the path of the Heyokah".

I was given the gem when I asked "What is the Heyokah" and then again tried to recieve the gem when I said I would walk the path (lore item didnt get a second)

Uthgaard
01-02-2012, 05:49 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20001216014900/everquest.allakhazam.com/quests/Shaman_Spear_of_Fate.htm

You say, 'what heyokah?'

a greater spirit says 'The Heyokah are our mortal counterparts. Some are our

friends who seek to help us in whatever goals we deem important. Some seek nothing more than to enslave and command us to do their bidding. We accept this and often make deals with those we realize are powerful enough to accomplish what needs to be done. To judge such individuals, we have prepared a test. We ask that before we enter into these contracts, the shaman walk the [path of the Heyokah]. We see you may be worthy. Will you walk the path? You will be rewarded for your efforts, albeit grudgingly.

à Recieve the opaque gem from the greater spirit

Note: DO NOT say the following line until you receive the gem by saying the above line. The next line will cause him to immediately despawn but will start the next quest for you.

You say, 'i will walk the path of the Heyokah'

Note where it's received. Better two chances to get a lore item than a chance to despawn the npc without a gem by following the dialogue.

bizzum
01-02-2012, 05:53 PM
I was noting it was received twice, instead of only once. Yes, fortunate I got it twice, but still a bug, no? I was just incorrect on which dialogue you were actually supposed to receive it on.

Uthgaard
01-02-2012, 05:55 PM
No. It's intended so people don't fuck up their quest and have to start over.

bizzum
01-02-2012, 06:09 PM
If thats how you want it, alright!