PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Troll exp modifier?

Serena
11-04-2009, 06:23 PM
In our Mistmoore group, our Troll shaman and Dwarf cleric dinged 18 at the same time, so we decided to see where Ougly (troll) would be when Bayer (dwarf) reached one yellow into level. Each was in group for the exact same number of kills, and with no deaths, and on the very mob that Bayer reached one yellow, so too did Ougly.

Were the racial exp modifiers removed? They don't seem to be working.

aVoided
11-05-2009, 05:59 AM
yep we did hehe. I figured what the heck lets see how bad the penalty is between me and him just to see it for ourselves and how bad it really is. We did both hit one yellow bubble at the exact mob. We also dinged the same lvl on the same mob.

Is the exp penalty split to the group or is it broken? Iheard something about party exp soaking up penalties when you grouped. Could be wrong though.

guineapig
11-05-2009, 11:42 AM
I was under the impression that this is how it's supposed to be in groups. It was just another way to encourage group play.

So the penalty that the big races get as well as the hybrid classes, which makes up almost half of the possible combinations of race/class can be offset by simply not soloing.

I could be wrong though...

Insidious
11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
It wouldn't offset it, it would divide into everyone in the group? If I'm understanding you right?

But I don't think that's how it worked, I believe everyone received their share of exp and THEN modifiers were added.

The penalties did not reduce exp gained, but increased the exp needed to level.

bopice
11-06-2009, 03:22 AM
my sk levels 30% slower while grouped with a sham friend.

so it doesn't split it up with group.

troll is just getting no penalty.

Xentin
11-06-2009, 06:04 AM
Last week I did this between a barb warrior vs. ogre warrior, me being the barb. Ogre should be getting I think it is a 10% more penalty, maybe only 5. When I hit level 19 he was 1blue (4%) behind me. We were both there the whole time, no deaths, he hit level 20 4% ahead of me, so he gained 8% on me in 1 level, and by level 21 he was 12% ahead of me, again jumping another 8% ahead of me over the course of 1 level. Don't know but something isn't right with that.