PDA

View Full Version : SWTOR player gets banned for tradeskilling in level 50 zone

oldfish
01-01-2012, 01:01 PM
So glad i didnt give in to temptation because there was no other MMO to play and buy this piece of shit game.

Apparently, some player got banned because he chose to tradeskill instead of leveling up, and went inside a lvl50 zone to finish his tradeskilling.

Skimming the forum thread about this, apparently (rock solid source) from some poster this is against the TOS and he is an idiot for not reading it.

http://i.imgur.com/tXd8N.jpg

I have no solid facts, cant be bothered to look deeper in it, but this is funny.

70 page thread about this on SWTOR forum, since it seems there was no official response, this email is most likely real.

Its always fascinating to see how far fanboys attempt to push their heads up into people's ass just to defend the indefensible.

-----------------------------

Adding this one for more lulz:

http://i.imgur.com/1J98e.jpg

Cant say fuck either, because killing 40,000 people in a video game is just fine for a teenager, but seeing the word fuck will damage his fragile mind irreparably.

Hailto
01-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Cant say fuck either, because killing 40,000 people in a video game is just fine for a teenager, but seeing the word fuck will damage his fragile mind irreparably.

Yep, slaughter everyone but don't say fuck or show some tits. America, fuck yeah. Game is awesome though.

SyanideGas
01-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Wow thats fucking gay..

ZEROSUM
01-01-2012, 03:14 PM
That's pretty ridiculous. If they don't want people pre-50 going there, why not just hardcode it. Pretty standard stuff in MMOs now...

Doublestep
01-01-2012, 04:57 PM
illum is a pvp planet, quite honestly they should ban the people who saw a low level wandering around (has to be at least 15 to get there) not killing the kid.

It could be an exploit if he found a way to get to illum without his starship, that would warrant a ban

SyanideGas
01-01-2012, 08:10 PM
illum is a pvp planet, quite honestly they should ban the people who saw a low level wandering around (has to be at least 15 to get there) not killing the kid.

It could be an exploit if he found a way to get to illum without his starship, that would warrant a ban

That kinda makes sense.

Pokeman
01-01-2012, 08:48 PM

lool

Doublestep
01-01-2012, 08:52 PM
and we don't know the length of the ban, could be 12 hours to 48 hours.

Knuckle
01-01-2012, 08:54 PM
what a gay game

Cast
01-01-2012, 08:57 PM
surprised this thread isn't about losing exp on PVP death on red99, considering who the OP is

Awwalike
01-01-2012, 10:24 PM
lawl

MrSparkle001
01-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Are you kidding me? Banned for that? That shouldn't even warrant a warning let alone a ban.

Doublestep
01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Are you kidding me? Banned for that? That shouldn't even warrant a warning let alone a ban.

read rest of thread~

oldfish
01-01-2012, 11:17 PM
read rest of thread~

The email mentions no exploit though, only that he is not supposed to be in zone tradeskilling if he is under 40.

It doesnt help that in a 70 page thread, bioware didnt come out and say "Nobody is getting banned for zoning in to Ilum and tradeskilling"

jarshale
01-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Remember kids, making money is bad.

http://i.imgur.com/YQM7u.jpg

Gwence
01-03-2012, 01:15 PM
tor economy is a joke anyway, they need to come up with something more valuable than credits because they're way way way too easy to acquire. Or at least make credits tougher to come by.

aka I have over half a million credits and Im level 39. Yes the rank 2 speeder is gonna drop 200k from me but still, doesn't take long to get credits at all.

burkemi5
01-03-2012, 01:30 PM

wow, that's sad. buying and selling is illegal? i wanted to try this game but it sounds like the GMs are a bunch of assholes.

Knuckle
01-03-2012, 02:33 PM
wow, that's sad. buying and selling is illegal? i wanted to try this game but it sounds like the GMs are a bunch of assholes.

Red
Henrik

BASKETBALL??????????????

ZEROSUM
01-03-2012, 02:43 PM
imposter basketball referee imho

Massive Marc
01-03-2012, 03:11 PM

was seriously thinking about picking this game up till i read this thread.

what
da
fuck

Real.

Doublestep
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
why would you need to play the auction house when there's literally a trade skill that gives you money as rewards.

seriously i can't justify this stuff any more but hopefully swtor pulls their heads out of their asses in the punishment department

Doublestep
01-06-2012, 05:06 AM
Okay, it's all fake. Posted by Community Manager:

You have not been banned. In fact, your account has no notes on it at all from the Terms of Service team - and nor does your 'alt' account under the same name and address.

If you have a third alt with a different username, feel free to PM me directly with it and I'll investigate that too. The email image you linked to may not have been created by you, but it is a fake.

If you have any issues with accessing the game, please contact Customer Service.

For the record, 'playing' the Galactic Trade Network is part of everyday, normal gameplay and is expected to happen in Star Wars: The Old Republic. No-one has been banned for their actions on the GTN.

As a general note, I would advise caution before assuming someone who is posting that they are 'banned' is actually banned.

Doublestep
01-06-2012, 05:07 AM
Just wanted to let you know that this email is a fake. There are no such things as "special dance zones”.

Nobody puts our players in a corner.
Everybody is free to get down.

We are NOT banning players for the use of emotes.

Doublestep
01-06-2012, 05:09 AM
First, action was taken against a number of accounts for what's commonly known as 'gold farming' - or in our case, credit farming. These accounts were found to be exploiting the game in a variety of ways to maximize their credits in order to sell them to other players. Our Terms of Service team took action against these accounts and removed them permanently from the game.

Second, a smaller number of accounts were warned or temporarily suspended for exploiting loot containers on Ilum. To be completely clear, while players may choose to travel to Ilum earlier than the recommended level (40+) and may loot containers if they can get to them, in the cases of those customers that were warned or temporarily suspended, they were systematically and repeatedly looting containers in very high numbers resulting in the game economy becoming unbalanced.

None of these accounts were banned for their actions and no accounts have been banned for travelling to Ilum while still relatively low level. By comparison, the number of accounts that were warned or temporarily suspended was considerably lower than the number of accounts banned for 'credit farming'.