PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Agro from sitting

Rais
12-31-2011, 05:22 PM
On classic I recall if you agroed a mob that was green con, you could pull it anywhere (Of course undead is different). Yet if you pulled a green con, and say root it somewhere, ran off and sat down, sitting would transfer the agro as the green con mob ran towards you and pick up more mobs.

Just like a lvl 60 sitting down, a lvl 2 orc in gfay will still agro. If you root it around the other orcs of it's level and within agro range and sit down, it should get agro from them all.

Or if you just out ran the green con, and sat down. Any mob it paths by on his faction or kos/threat to you will agro with it and come after you.

It doesn't act like that on here. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I used this trick for faction work to aoe on my wizard in lowbie dungeons. I looked for any info, of course I can't find any.

Anyone else remember this?

Motec
01-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Its wierd here....sometimes it works as per classic when using an eye of zomm. But do so with a low level mob and it wont.

Something is fubar.

Nizzarr
01-01-2012, 05:24 PM
On classic I recall if you agroed a mob that was green con, you could pull it anywhere (Of course undead is different). Yet if you pulled a green con, and say root it somewhere, ran off and sat down, sitting would transfer the agro as the green con mob ran towards you and pick up more mobs.

Just like a lvl 60 sitting down, a lvl 2 orc in gfay will still agro. If you root it around the other orcs of it's level and within agro range and sit down, it should get agro from them all.

Or if you just out ran the green con, and sat down. Any mob it paths by on his faction or kos/threat to you will agro with it and come after you.

It doesn't act like that on here. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I used this trick for faction work to aoe on my wizard in lowbie dungeons. I looked for any info, of course I can't find any.

Anyone else remember this?

I do, pretty much everything what Rais said there is missing here.

same if you fight a green con mob and it flees and you sit, other green mob would aggro.

nilbog
01-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Moved to game mechanics.

Bump.

kanras
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Rais
01-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Score!