PDA

View Full Version : eqgame.exe crashing

Valdain
04-17-2010, 02:58 PM
Hey all, EQ keeps crashing for me during the initial loading screen (the one that takes you to the character select screen). It gets about halfway up, and then the window that says that eqgame.exe has crashed pops up and forces me to quit the game. I haven't done anything with the files, and I've set them all up correctly. I've been playing for a while (played a bard for a while, now i have a level 9 druid).

If it's at all relevant, my client kept crashing after every couple of zone attempts, but I figured that was because everyone was jumping on the server last night, so things were a bit unstable.

Thanks!

Skaff
04-17-2010, 03:02 PM
By any chance are you running windows7 or vista?

Valdain
04-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Running Windows XP Professional, and I thought maybe the problem was that I wasn't logged into the loginserver on eqemu after last nights DDoS on it, so I logged back in, but the problem persists :(

Skaff
04-17-2010, 03:09 PM
I would try a combination of using fullscreen/window modes. I've personally had my client crash if I've tried to do any special alt tabbing while critical loads take place but that does not sound like your problem. Who knows, possibly making sure your video drivers are updated as well could be a solution. It's strange that it goes from working to not working. Can you think of any other software/hardware that was added or removed from your system?

Obviously a last resort would be to start with a fresh client but thats a PITA. Unless you have all the isos and then the install is fairly quick. :)

Valdain
04-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I haven't added or removed anything from the system. It's a partition from my Mac hard drive, so the only time I use it is to play P99 or Age of Empires II with an old friend of mine. I don't mess around with the files on here, and I dont have any updates for anything. hmm..

Skaff
04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Well you chose two solid games to do the partition for!

I'll try to think of a few possible solutions but the windows partition on a mac system is something I am unfamiliar with.

Valdain
04-17-2010, 03:19 PM
I mean I know it's not the Service Pack issue, because I've already updated all of that. Plus, the fact that it's been working and all of a sudden it's not is strange to me

Valdain
04-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Wellp! Just gave it the good old fashioned restart and it's letting me play!

kind of strange, but oh well! hahah thanks for the help =D

Skaff
04-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Oddly enough that fixes so many problems.