PDA

View Full Version : Almost there, getting better! New song I made check it out / feedback please :D

bled12345
12-31-2011, 12:15 AM
http://soundcloud.com/jtungsten/robot-daydream-original-mix

so I still have a ton to learn, but I think my music is starting to sound a little more legitimate haha! Let me know what you think!!!

Unfun
12-31-2011, 02:08 AM
This is cool, thanks for sharing. I really liked the riff that comes in around [1:35]. Couple of comments:
I would make more use of panning. Put certain tracks only to one side and/or move them around a bit. It will really widen up the environment song rather than it being clumped together. It also allows more tracks without crowding.

I listened to it through a pair of studio quality headphones (sennheiser 280HD) and I felt like the bass could be "bassier". A little more thump.

Nice work, hope to hear more in the future.

bled12345
12-31-2011, 02:50 AM
Thanks for the kind words man! I have alot to learn about mixing still for sure. My big crowning achievement with this track was that asides from writing the entire thing myself, I created all my own sounds with various synthesizers without using any lame ass presets haha.

The next track I post will be much tighter I promise ;)

bled12345
12-31-2011, 03:13 AM
PS your sig is awesome :D

Ninja
12-31-2011, 03:26 AM
I thought it was pretty damn good :D

Cast
12-31-2011, 03:57 AM
ive been listening to dubstep all day night grindin on some excels and literallyt he first 1:15 wanted to make me kill myself, then you added some other sound and it made it a minute amount more tolerable.

sorry man

bled12345
12-31-2011, 04:27 AM
ive been listening to dubstep all day night grindin on some excels and literallyt he first 1:15 wanted to make me kill myself, then you added some other sound and it made it a minute amount more tolerable.

sorry man

haha don't be a dick :P I'm doing this with minimal equipment and have a full time job, I never said this was the best song you'd ever hear. The dubstep you were listening to was commercially mastered stuff released by major labels by professionals, I'm still just learning man! Cut me some slack :P

and thanks ninja :D

Doublestep
12-31-2011, 04:29 AM
cast is a troll who is angry at anyone who can do something even minutely better than him, ignore it

Ninja
12-31-2011, 04:41 AM
haha don't be a dick :P

You knew when you posted on these forums there was going to be some trolling.

Half of the people here I swear do not play and just troll for whatever reason.