PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Corpses Too Far Away

Estu
12-29-2011, 05:12 PM
Corpses of monsters killed by other players (i.e. monsters you'd have to wait a couple of minutes to loot) invariably show up as "too far away" and are impossible to loot no matter how long they have been on the ground.

Rais
12-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Or if someone dies out of sight of a cleric, they have to relog to see the body to res.

Same with the NPCs to loot.

kanras
12-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Kind of related to Rais' comment, but does this happen if you're in sight of the NPC when it dies?

Cyclone
12-29-2011, 06:02 PM
Or if someone dies out of sight of a cleric, they have to relog to see the body to res.

Same with the NPCs to loot.

The cleric issue has been happening for some time, want to say at least 3 to 4 patches past. As a cleric unless I zone in to specifically res them and they die in the zone out of sight then I have to relog just to see the body, sometime I can see the body and it will be out of range no matter how close I am to it.

Rais
12-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Best example I can give is if someone dies on one side of Island 4 in sky, and body is dragged across it to the cleric, the cleric has to log out and come back to res.

Same thing with a NPC. If it dies on the other side of the island, and someone comes across the island to loot or clicks up from another island they have to relog.

Or you are at zone in to seb, and run down to anywhere you don't have line of sight to loot/res, it'll say the corpse is too far away.

YendorLootmonkey
12-29-2011, 06:19 PM
It appears to have something to do with net code optimization, i.e. the server isn't updating the client regarding positions on corpses unless they are made within a certain range of the client's position. Was anything like that done within the last few patches?

Uthgaard
12-29-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, Haynar did about that long ago, for all mobs iirc. Corpses are mobs, and were probably an oversight.

kanras
01-12-2012, 11:16 PM
Temp fix, pending update.

Velerin
10-10-2013, 01:45 PM
was this ever fixed? I have noticed this is OT and SK. Haven't really tested in other zones. If a mob dies that I don't see die and I run over to go loot it, it says "too far away" even though I "see" it right next to me. Didn't try relogging to fix. Lost out on a pegasus cloak due to it a few weeks ago.

Rhun
12-30-2013, 06:00 PM
I am still experiencing this problem, even on my own mobs, especially when killing them in water. Most of the time I can still loot the corpse with a bit of patience, but sometimes I simply cant (more often corpses of other players mobs). I have to relog then and the corpse will be at a different location and I can loot it.