PDA

View Full Version : Login server issue?

Aarone
04-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Looking for a little bit of help -

I am thinking I missed a step in the setup process. I followed step 1-5 in the getting started tab and overwrote the zipped files I needed to. However, when I launch the game I get to the login screen and after entering my login information I am told that a connection to the server could not be reached. Is there something I need to manipulate with the login server also?

Thanks for your time!

SpartanEQ
04-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm not sure if it's the same problem I'm having right now. I log-in and it takes me to the server select screen, but there are no servers listed. I also tried using quick connect, but it just gives me a message that says "Failed...".

I was logged-in and playing this morning. Is anyone else having trouble connecting?

SpartanEQ
04-17-2010, 03:42 PM
460 people logged-in, so I guess not. :)

Helllllp. I see no servers. It was working for me not 3 hours ago.

I'm guessing my problem and the OP's are related. If not, I apologize for unintentionally hijacking the thread.

SpartanEQ
04-17-2010, 03:47 PM
I kept trying after seeing some similar posts from the past and I eventually saw the servers.

OP, keep trying.

styler17
04-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Having the same problem. Installed titanium and followed all steps in the quickstart guide exactly as stated. When logging in I receive the message "A connection to the server could not be reached."

Deathrydar
04-17-2010, 04:57 PM
You guys all changed your eqhost files?

styler17
04-17-2010, 05:02 PM
My host file currently reads:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Deathrydar
04-17-2010, 05:45 PM
And you are certain that you changed the path for the executable to run to like this?:
"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Humerox
04-17-2010, 06:11 PM
I think a lot of it depends on your connection to the server. I've run different tracerts and sometimes the connections timeout depending on which path the connection makes.

I've had as many as 250+ blank screens before seeing servers. It generally takes me an average of 20 or so login attempts before I see a filled server select. The trick is to not close the client...just keep trying till you see a selection.

I've tried opening multiple clients...closing/re-opening the client...direct path connection to server instead of mirror...you name it.

The only thing that works for me is rapid typing.

Meh.

Rorgar
04-17-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm having the same problem intermittently it seems as well.

Was doing it last night when I was on the Infinity's Edge server, but then later I got on. Same deal first thing this morning when I tried to get on P1999. Rebooted and it worked. Now, I am getting it again and rebooting isn't helping.

:(

Edit: Tried again and it's working now.

styler17
04-17-2010, 09:21 PM
without changing anything, suddenly its working

Xumosa
04-18-2010, 01:05 AM
just wondering has anyone else been able to see servers by keep trying? my friend is having issues with this too, i know for sure eqhost.txt is right and shortcut says patchme at end and have re-logged in about 100 times and still dont see anything :/

twizztid
04-18-2010, 02:54 AM
I am having this problem on my laptop at work. I took the internet cable out of the computer here ( we not allowed on it ) and just put it in my laptop. I am not sure if it's just bad connection or some kind of firewall some sort of thing, but I've tried ALOTTTTTTTTTTTT and didn't see 1 server.

Azureblaze
04-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Its an issue with the Eqemulator login server I think that P99 doesn't have control over. I think they are getting DDOS every once and awhile , or just too much traffic.

Joessins
04-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey is anyone having an issue when trying to go into the character select and its coming back with an error reading:

"Instruction at 0x10001 c6b referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read"?

Strafae
04-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Having the same problem. Installed titanium and followed all steps in the quickstart guide exactly as stated. When logging in I receive the message "A connection to the server could not be reached."

I have the same issue and have posted the IP issue on the petition forum. My brother and I are both on the same IP as we share the place and go to college, no word yet but im hoping soon. Is there anything else I can do? I fear I do not know the names of any GM's.

Strafae-

Wakichoto
04-25-2010, 01:06 AM
I have the same issue and have posted the IP issue on the petition forum. My brother and I are both on the same IP as we share the place and go to college, no word yet but im hoping soon. Is there anything else I can do? I fear I do not know the names of any GM's.

Strafae-

Hello, this is Strafae's brother, being the only one in the house with a working EQ emu account I had logged in as normal without any issues.. However, my computer took a dirt nap yesterday and since my computer was the first one to log in, none of the other networked computers in the household are able to connect to the server. I understand that two-boxing is not allowed and even frowned upon - but since my computer has been decommissioned I was wondering if any GM's would have any insight as to helping my brother get up and running?

Eqchris
01-24-2024, 06:28 PM
Installed fresh new Titanium EQ, changed directory folder, extracted v57 files into directory, created account from forums step by step. What did i miss ???

Domitille Sage
01-26-2024, 07:18 PM
I Try and try , but cant seem to login anymore, i completely uninstall and reinstalled. and still. server list is blank most of the time and when i do get to toon selection screen i lock up when i het login world.
Any idea on how to get playing again?
im new to this , just got into p99 recently

Pryingopen Mythirdeye 20th lvl Enchanter Green server

Sonderbeast
01-29-2024, 01:53 AM
I've been away for a while, come back and had a similar problem. Been able to log into my account, but it's intermittent whether the servers populate. From browsing the discussions seems like it could be a number of issues, including admin server protections. Any advice?