PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Orc Scalps

Bigcountry23
11-04-2009, 04:19 PM
I have seen people complaining about this and when questioned they have said they have reported it, but a quick search (using Scalp, and Orc Scalp) turned up nothing.

Therefore, let me report that Captain Ashlan is not currently accepting Orc scalps (when handed 4 he takes them but does not respond). This was one of the best quests for faction and exp in the late teens and needs to be fixed!

Info on the NPC
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=1697

Info on the Orc Scalps
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=262

Captain Ashlan is located at -570, +160.

You say, 'Hail, Captain Ashlan'

Captain Ashlan says 'Greetings, traveler! I am Captain Ashlan of the Highpass Guards. I keep watch over my men and the volunteers here at the East Gate. It's been a busy [job] here lately, with the [orc raids] and all.'

You say, 'What job?'

Captain Ashlan says 'We're short-handed around here, as usual. Would you like to help us out with the [Volunteer Watch]?'

You say, `What Volunteer Watch?'

Captain Ashlan says 'The Volunteer Watch guards the entry gates of Highpass. Since the [orc raids] are becoming more and more frequent, it's a busy job. But it can pay well, depending on how many [orcs] you slay.'

You say, 'What orcs?'

Captain Ashlan says 'One of the orc clans of Kithicor Woods has been trying to expand their territory. Small orc raiding parties are frequently rushing the East Gate. Without the [Volunteer Watch] helping us out, Highpass would probably be overrun by those vile beasts.'

Turn in an Orc Scalp (you may turn in up to four at once).

Captain Ashlan says 'Great work! Maybe you can help us out again sometime?'

Skeletonya
11-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Same problem

Testing 1 scalp, 2 scalp, 3 scalp and 4 scalp at a time. zero result

maximum
11-10-2009, 06:09 PM
/bump

Tested today again (single scalp only), and not working.

Wenai
11-10-2009, 08:43 PM
I just ghetto-fixed the script.

He should accept orc scalps when given ONE AT A TIME on the next update (I didn't have a GM char online to test the script).

Please leave feedback here if the quest still doesn't work after next update.

maximum
11-15-2009, 12:30 AM
Appears fixed! I just turned in 9 scalps, one at a time and got exp and faction. There was a text error with the reward, but no big deal.

NickN8N
04-09-2011, 07:32 PM
It appears to be broken again.

Jameshpulse
04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
aye tried today and its not working

Qauz
07-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Is this not fixed yet? Just inquiring so I'm not turning them into thin air.

Norez Orwilli
12-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Is this turn in working? I havent tried it yet but I would like to, currently a gnome necro and the faction is needed.

Nikaya
01-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Turn in is working. I just turned in a few one at a time today. Keep hailing him so he stands still otherwise he will start walking around, run into orcs and die.