PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Ip Block

DanteDarklight
12-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Is it not possible for 2 computers in one house hold connect to the same server? Me and a friend tried to connect and one of us ended up having a block. It would let us on opposite servers though. Thanks for any help

Rais
12-23-2011, 05:26 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

Server Rule Questions

What are the server rules?
Don't be a dick. Check out this thread for the full list of server rules.

Can I pay real money to ____?
Nope! Real money trading (RMT) is expressly forbidden and offering real money for items or services in game, or vice versa, will get you a one way ticket to ban town. Full details of this rule are located here. Likewise, expecting or insinuating that donating money to this server will result in preferential treatment or in-game benefits is highly frowned upon and will most likely get your petition/request/.etc ignored.

How are raid mobs being handled?
First come first serve, but you need to have a raid force WITHIN AGGRO RANGE of the mob if you plan to 'camp' it. You can see more details in this thread.

What are the rules regarding camps?
See this thread for the current rules and discussion. Basically the group/person camping has to "maintain a presence", and there's no showing up right as the mob spawns and taking it from a person/group because you know its spawn timer.

Server/Installation Questions

What do I need to play?
A copy of Everquest Titanium or Everquest: Secrets of Faydwer. Titanium is the preferred client and has less problems overall, SoF doesn't have as much support.

But I still have the original CDs for Classic EQ and Kunark and Velious! Can't I just use those?
No. Only Titanium, and to a lesser extend Secrets of Faydwer are compatible.

Does Project 1999 support the Seeds of Destruction Client?
No, see answer above.

How do I get started?
Read this thread.

How do you keep the server running?
Well it takes a lot of bandwidth to keep 800+ people online at the same time almost 24 hours a day, something to the tune of several hundred dollars a month. Please donate if you enjoy the server!

Can I play with my roommate/family member? It says there is only one account per IP allowed.
You certainly can. Just make a thread in the petition/bug subforum stating who you want to play with and other relevant information. Just be aware that if you're caught 2boxing or otherwise controlling both accounts at once, it will result in an immediate ban of both accounts.

I just got this error message, what does it mean?
You are currently not allowed to login to the server because this IP has a temporary block on it. Please try again later.
Means that you attempted to log in multiple times from the same IP. Just wait a bit and it'll go away.

DanteDarklight
12-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks, does an in-game petition work or does it need to be here?

Rais
12-23-2011, 05:44 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/announcement.php?f=25

IP Exemption: This is for requesting to be exempt from the limit of 1 connection per IP Address. You may request exemption if you have more than 1 real person playing from the same IP. When posting for this, please include the account names of every person that will be playing from the same IP.