PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Trakanon

Rais
12-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Trakanon Information
Trakanon is a level 65 Dragon Necromancer (no pet) with 32,000HP.
His most deadly weapon is his AE poison (75000 HP in 5000 ticks = 1500 HP per minute). The DoT adds 9 poison counters and has a range of 300ft. He will cast it every 35 seconds. The poison will hit you even if you are on the bridge outside his lair. It is possible to use obstacles to block the AE.
He will also cast Blindness and a 1500HP lifetap.
Every 45 seconds, he will cast Trakanon's Touch, which will teleport someone into the mushroom area.
Trakanon hits in the 600's and has an immense range. He will not run around much when agroed, he will claw you from wherever he is standing.
Trakanon does not use AE fear.
Trakanon does not dispel.
Trakanon has high MR and PR resists. He is weak against FR and CR.
If Trakanon gates, he will reappear at spawn point in lair and will regain approximately 5k HP. I do not recommend that anyone fights him in bridge area due to a few bad spots where he might repop back into lair regaining HP.

Is from a guide I found that goes along with my classic experience with Trakanon.

This past Trakanon he charmed our main tank. Was cool, but not in line with what he does.

I have never seen him blind anyone, nor been blinded myself. I recall being hit with it on live as a wizard not tanking. So pretty sure it was AoE.

So 1 new item added to Trakanon, and 1 item that hasn't been in at all that hes suppose to do.

kanras
12-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Removed charm and fixed blinding fear, pending update.

PureLo
12-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Want to say thanks for someone actually speaking up if there is an error and thanks for fixing it if it wasn't correct, but yet again why did it take this long in order for something so significant to 1: be pointed out and 2: be taken care of ?

Pretty lame that if the difficulty is now increasing that the guilds starting in on him now and will start on him later have to deal with it while the other guilds got to take advantage of an easier dragon to advance into where they are now snaggin up all these phat loots padding their mains/alts for these past like 6-8 months.

Cast
12-24-2011, 06:27 PM
lol how does a dragon get charm, so bad

Shiftin
12-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Dragon charm was introduced last patch accidentaly and uthgaard refused to fix blind for lack of evidence, it was reported 9 months ago

Uthgaard
12-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Blind was a source issue genius. That's like blaming Rogean for content. You're mad, we get it. Now stop embarassing yourself.

Rais
12-25-2011, 01:49 AM
I only reported it now since I witnessed it first hand due to tanking him, and trak lasting more than 10 seconds. So I saw there was an issue, and reported it. Nothing underhanded about it.

nilbog
12-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Want to say thanks for someone actually speaking up if there is an error and thanks for fixing it if it wasn't correct, but yet again why did it take this long in order for something so significant to 1: be pointed out and 2: be taken care of ?

Pretty lame that if the difficulty is now increasing that the guilds starting in on him now and will start on him later have to deal with it while the other guilds got to take advantage of an easier dragon to advance into where they are now snaggin up all these phat loots padding their mains/alts for these past like 6-8 months.

I dunno. I guess you can blame it on me if you want since I'm lead content developer. I was absent from development from May-August after my home was destroyed.

Bug reports are designed to help get issues fix, not question the developers.

Merry Christmas.

Brinkman
12-26-2011, 03:56 AM
I dunno. I guess you can blame it on me if you want since I'm lead content developer. I was absent from development from May-August after my home was destroyed.

Bug reports are designed to help get issues fix, not question the developers.

Merry Christmas.

No way! There are other developers to blame!

Seriously tho, I feel that on a server that is free and a staff that is filled with nearly all volunteers, the majority of the problems need to be brought up by the playerbase to be fixed. The problem is, many people dont know how things are " supposed " to work, and the ones that do either dont want to take the time to report it, or want it broken as it makes their goal of getting the pixels easier.

The challenge is what its supposed to be about, but unfortunatally the WoW mentality has taken over all mmo's, and even infected long time, true 99ers.

Encourage everyone you know to bug report problems and PLEASE do some research before posting, it will help immensely.

Humerox
12-26-2011, 06:21 AM
man, sometimes I don't know how you devs put up with it.