PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Unable to /target an invised player with See Invis on

Zereh
12-23-2011, 01:40 PM
If I have See Invis on I should be able to type the normal /tar <playername> and have it pick up an Invis'ed player.

Right now the only way to /target an Invis'ed player is to manually click on them with the mouse pointer.

Not game breaking, but definitely broken. And annoying. =)

Uthgaard
12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
I can confirm this works for all invis entities. /target has fewer rules on it than clicking, and should work on anything within the actor clip plane that the player could see if there wasn't any terrain in the way.

Autotune
12-23-2011, 05:14 PM
I can confirm this works for all invis entities. /target has fewer rules on it than clicking, and should work on anything within the actor clip plane that the player could see if there wasn't any terrain in the way.

we've noticed this while standing outside VP. Everyone standing invisible with dmf and not being able to /target other invisible players. You could clearly see their name with the ( ) tags but would have to manually target them to select them.

I figured it was something to do with Red99. As /targeting invis players makes it really simple, having to manually target someone invis on red that you can clearly see would make it more of a challenge.

Uthgaard
12-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Wasn't anything introduced for red. It's actually an old bug.

Autotune
12-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Wasn't anything introduced for red. It's actually an old bug.

ah i hadn't noticed it until VP and Red were released.

kanras
12-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Fixed, pending update.

Uthgaard
01-01-2012, 04:23 PM
It's also impossible to /target anything that you don't have line of sight to. /target should function no matter what's in the way, within range.

Lazortag
01-01-2012, 04:28 PM
It's also impossible to /target anything that you don't have line of sight to. /target should function no matter what's in the way.

Well you can /target a corpse without line of sight (which is classic), but I don't believe people were able to /target mobs or players without LOS in classic. This was fixed a while ago on blue and then there was a fix after specifically for corpses. I remember liking the fix because a certain guild was using /target macros and throwing items to pull mobs in Hate easier.

Uthgaard
01-01-2012, 04:31 PM
You could. Still can. All you have to do is use the first few characters of the serverside name A_mob01