PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Magician Research not working

Nukku
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Hello, I petitioned about this and Amelinda advised I post this bug here. Im not sure if this is happening for all magician spells or just specific ones as I only had the mats for one. My research skill is 202 I believe and a guild mate asked me to do a combine for her. The spell she needed was level 24 Earth Pet spell "Summoning: Earth." The mats for this spell are: Words of Coercion, Spell: Lesser Summoning: Earth, and Gloves of Rallos Zek. I put 1 of each of these items in the elemental grimoire tome and got an error message saying something close to "You cannot combine those items in that tome" or something very close to that. I had no problems making that spell when I needed it and I tried buying a new elemental grimoire, tried putting the items in different orders, and in different boxes in the grimoire and got the same error message as did she. Hopefully this is just a bug with this spell but until I get mats for other spells I wont know, sorry I do not have more info. Thanks for everything you all do to make this server awesome.

messiah_b
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I did this spell as well so I am confused. Did you try a words of dimension just in case? The wiki has the words different in two different spots.

The xref table below has Dimension for all 24 summoning spells.

Rasah
12-21-2011, 11:58 AM
1) The wiki appears to be wrong. It should be Words of Dimension.
2) How did you get up to 202 in research?
3) WHY did you get up to 202 in research?
4) Tell your friend to use the fire pet. She'll be 29 by tomorrow, and the 24 earth pet won't matter.

Nukku
12-21-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info, thats strange that the wiki is wrong, I used the wiki for my info when I did it and it worked. But ill try that. And yes I definitely recommended the fire pet, but she just likes to have everything complete. And I bought the skill points in research skill. I went to 202 because I was told that I would get an apprentice Researcher title, I did not believe this but have a lot of plat to spare so I figured why not.